Cox Enterprises Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great place to work if you can tolerate being insulted by customers all day.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2018
Cox is a great company to work for in terms of pay, benefits, etc. They really do try to take care of employees. However, the customers can tend to be quite rude, insulting, and even spiteful.
N/a
Senior Client Account Executive (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 18, 2018
COX is going through some transitions and will lay people off. I had a job that I had been on for 4 years. I got recruited by COX and a year later I was laid off.
most enjoyable work environment
PeopleSoft Techno Functional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
most enjoyable work environment and very collaborative working environment, Very good team work & communications among the team members. don't feel the stress at work place
Great company
Senior Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2018
The company is awesome to work however to many changes in management and lots of employees suffering due to the unreachable goals is getting hard to maintain a team I enjoyed interact with the customer and offer the most innovative equipment to provide great quality of television in their homes. My typical day at work is enjoyed my store and give the best to my new customers and return customers. I could say that I am always learning in cox great place to learn about technology i truly love my peers they are family but with all this changes going on and in my opinion the pressure they give to upper management about unrealistic goals we are forcing to find other jobs sometimes taking a pay cut just because we prefer peace of mind is very stressful to work at cox but at the same time they pay very well and if you exceed your goals in the right way you see a great commission check. I really would love to stay and retire but I need to have my options open sad to say but this is why I am in your website.
Pros
Great company
Cons
lots of stress due to constant change in management
Great Culture
HR Generalist/HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
Great culture, lots of opportunity within the company. Will need a strong leader/advocate/sponsor to receive promotion and/or training opportunities. Leader makes the difference.
Excellent Privately Held Company
Corporate Support / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 24, 2018
Very open communication policy. Well balanced work/family. Great opportunities for advancement. Well structured and fantastic upper management. I would return immediately if asked.
Pros
Internal promotions, work/family balance, pension
Cons
Have to push a little for higher salaries.
I enjoy those I work with and many I have collaborated with
Corporate Investigator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Cox is an excellent place to work. I would not be seeking additional employment if the advancement within my field was there. I have been here for a number of years and would have liked to continue our growth together.
Stressful no equal treatment
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  atlantMay 16, 2018
Cox is a racial line between white and black employees. Management is well aware of the problem but choose to look the other way. Black people often fear for their job if they complain
Likes the time there
Graphic Designer / Editor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
Inconsistent hours due to the nature of the business. Opportunity to learn more about Desktop Publishing and Adobe products. Manager was really a peoples person and show he cared for his employees. Fast paced and time sensitive environment. The hardest part of the job was the hours for leaving the company where uncertain. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to share ideas with a very different group age individuals, from the youngest to the...well you can figure the rest!
Newspaper delivery
Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 9, 2018
Easy job very lay back work at your own pace a newspaper delivery pay good as long as you have good customers who tips good especially around the holidays
Pros
easy
Cons
wear and tear on personal car
teamwork
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
Everyone worked well individually and together. The department was an exceptional one. Most have been there more than 10 years. Very little turnover while I was there.
Pros
great campus
Excellent company
Part-Time Driver Auto Auction (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for with excellent management and supervisors that an employee can learn from. The workplace culture is diverse which makes the company an enjoyable place to work for.
A great company to be part of
Associate A/V Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
A typical day for me is an early morning set up of all conference rooms and from their various room operations for meetings.
One of the big things I learned was how to interact and deal with individuals from all departments across COX.
My immediate manager is fairly new to the position and has not learned how to manage productively or deal with conflict.
Great culture at cox and very good people to work with.
No real hard part it is usually a very pleasant experience daily.
The most enjoyable part of my Job is meeting different people and helping them make their meetings and events a total success.
Great to work
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, GAMarch 5, 2018
I will be given tasks by my team leader on daily basis and he will guide me if I have any doubts. All my team members are friendly we help each other in completing the work.
Pros
Parties, Flexible Timings
Cons
Lot of work
Talent Acquisition MAnagement
Senior Corporate Recruiter IT, Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2018
The management in Talent Acquisition, left a lot to be desired. Management was not good. The team was great, but leadership wasn't very knowledgeable and the environment was extremely clickish.
Pros
The team was great.
Cons
Management ws horrible
excellent place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Getting organized, providing the best of customer care, setting up the rooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner. delivering products to various dept. a absolutely "FUN" place to work! I will never for get them as long as I live
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
fun place t work
H.R Employee Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Nice people to work for .
Data entry and Staff related JOG
Taking calls from Employees resolving their time off issues
Always welcoming and very people focused .
Pros
Good Company to work for
Great Place to work
Audio Video Tech/Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Very friendly culture with co-workers. Great environment for possible long term employment. Team effort to accomplish goals employed. Communication with management open and frequent.
Productive and friendly work environment
Intern at Production department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Productive and friendly work environment. Work culture in Cox provides maximum scope to develop our technical and interpersonal skills. Cox operates by the means of eco friendly
Fun place to work with a great culture, and lots of Diversity
Network Operations Center Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
I've worked several contracting jobs here and all were a great experience. I learned a lot in the roles I've had and it really helped me in the advancement of my career.

I'm looking to eventually become a permanent employee in the near future.
Pros
Great Cafeteria food and a nice gym
Cons
No real Cons that aren't acceptable