Play YouTube video button

Cox Enterprises Employee Reviews

Family culture promoted
Client/Desktop Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2018
Lots of great benefits and perks - particularly if you work at the Atlanta campus where there is a gym, cafeteria and other nice amenities. Fun atmosphere, lots of employee engagement events like spring socials and the company is big into providing community volunteerism opportunities.
Pros
Flex hours and work from home
Cons
Not much diversity and yearly business restructuring
nice company to work for.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 5, 2018
Great options for advancement, good benefits, and well balanced. Management is very involved and personable. New office in Herndon is very modern with nice amenities.
Great place to work if you can tolerate being insulted by customers all day.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2018
Cox is a great company to work for in terms of pay, benefits, etc. They really do try to take care of employees. However, the customers can tend to be quite rude, insulting, and even spiteful.
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2018
I did not have the opportunity to experience Cox enough to where I feel confident in giving it a review. Overall I was very pleased with the company, its people, its variety of work, and its opportunities.
Pros
Location, Benefits, People
Cons
Opportunities for Advancement
Great culture
Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92111January 17, 2018
I worked in technical support so the types of calls ranged from customer education how to use services to frantic customers calling during outages. Cox encourages employees to share information on the company intranet to save time troubleshooting and finding answers. They do a great job of building a warm, supportive team of employees. But, sometimes new policies or decisions are made that negatively impact your working life. I worked here for 17 yeas so I found that usually, if a policy failed it would be recalled or amended. But sometimes it does cause stress.
Pros
great health benefits, competitive pay, awesome discounts on cox services
Cons
high call volume, metrics can be stressful, sometimes employees are treated as disposable from the top down.
Great Salary
COX Communications Retail Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 5, 2018
Must work hard to hit goal and make good money, because you are in sales. There is no cap on your commission which is great, so the sky is the limit!!
hard to get an interview
Strategic Finance and Wellness Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2018
In order to work here you must have contact with the hiring director or the person in management must want you to work for them in advance. It is hard to actually get a job here without knowing anyone here.
Pros
Pto, bonuses
Cons
Some managers should not be managers from other consulting companies
Enjoyed Working At Cox Enterprises
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
• Instrumental in constructing, stabilizing, and developing an accounting department. Prepared journal entries, period close, monthly G/L reconciliations, and balance sheet reconciliations. Blackline Implementations.
• Reconciled inventory, revenue and losses between three systems (SAS, Oracle & Macola). Managed the recording and disposition of continuously changing multi-million dollar inventory to maximize cash flow.
• Identified, researched and assisted in the resolution and implementation of moderately-complex accounting systems and projects. Performed analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
Pros
Fun Place To Work
Cons
Laid back until showtime, then insanely stressful
Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2018
Great group of people to work with, management is good and patient with new hires. However, very tiny mistake you make is emailed to the entire staff to shame you out of doing it again.
Pros
Very professional, food is provided often
Cons
Shaming, and sometime sabotage to make you look bad
Not Family Friendly
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 20, 2019
I liked the part of the job working from home, but when we had to go in office for meetings the management team were very unfriendly and didn't seem to be team players or want to to know the employees that work for them.
Pros
Working from home
This Job Changed My Life
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 30, 2018
I began as a greenhorn in 2007 and left a consultative sales professional in 2013. Complete transformation due to the vision and leadership of CEO Chip Perry and SVP Alan Smith.
Pros
Cutting Edge Tech
Cons
It could never be turned off
Great company
Senior Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2018
The company is awesome to work however to many changes in management and lots of employees suffering due to the unreachable goals is getting hard to maintain a team I enjoyed interact with the customer and offer the most innovative equipment to provide great quality of television in their homes. My typical day at work is enjoyed my store and give the best to my new customers and return customers. I could say that I am always learning in cox great place to learn about technology i truly love my peers they are family but with all this changes going on and in my opinion the pressure they give to upper management about unrealistic goals we are forcing to find other jobs sometimes taking a pay cut just because we prefer peace of mind is very stressful to work at cox but at the same time they pay very well and if you exceed your goals in the right way you see a great commission check. I really would love to stay and retire but I need to have my options open sad to say but this is why I am in your website.
Pros
Great company
Cons
lots of stress due to constant change in management
Work life
CB Technical Support I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2018
There is a fun culture that you have to get used to. There is also a culture of being in a grind of a call center. I am finding that personally, I don't do well in a call center culture.
Pros
Free coffee and hot chocolate.
Cons
Full days with nothing but the allowed breaks, You are jumping from one call to another as they are given to you.
Productive and fun place to work
Supported VP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
I was with them for eleven years, until I was laid off due to downsizing in my sector. Still a great company; great benefits, growth opportunities, work-life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Excellent company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Dynamic, changing, ever evolving to stay ahead of the changes in the automotive environment. Management wants and expects input from all employees on what is going on and how to make the company better.
Pros
Encourages continuing education, company culture is dynamic, excellent benefits
Cons
Can be long hours, focus is sometimes lost because of too many projects going on
Superficial Environment
Lending Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 23, 2017
I was employed with this company for over a year. The culture is okay in some silos but other areas need substantial improvement. Service measures are terrible. Management is back-stabbing and self-centered on their own advancement in the company so politics play a huge role as well as personal appearance. Imagine you should have good genetics for advancement. Believe me, you can learn a lot about automotive financing in this company, but you walk away feeling neglected unless you schmooze constantly. The company has healthy lifestyle initiatives so again physical appearance plays a role in decision making. Middle management is undertrained and less than helpful so don't be too optimistic. The workload is heavy and overtime is often offered to employee. The ability to make money helps if you need employment experience.
Pros
Fair pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Rigid Culture, Poor Management, Hard work will go unnoticed
It's ok
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
'Cox Culture' is connected to most everything they do. You must be involved in one or more of their programs to get a satisfactory score on your review.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Fun and creative workplace
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2019
Many time you would get on calls, and don't know how to help the caller. That's were the team comes together to help every customer great a-1 service. The team around will help you calls, tickets and with live goals. There it a family, and i'm not kidding.
passive aggressive culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2018
Beware of the smiles - this is a political environment. They say they care about the employees, but they will cut you to save themselves. Instead of trying to solve the problem, they take the politically expedient way out.
Excellent Privately Held Company
Corporate Support / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 24, 2018
Very open communication policy. Well balanced work/family. Great opportunities for advancement. Well structured and fantastic upper management. I would return immediately if asked.
Pros
Internal promotions, work/family balance, pension
Cons
Have to push a little for higher salaries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cox Enterprises.

Powered by Comparably