Cox Machine

• Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

It's a job

If your not part of the Cox family or friends with a Cox family member, you do not fit in and there is no job advancement. Management only looks after management and no communication with employees. No raises in years and new hires walk in making more than longevity employees. Has some individuals in positions that they are not qualified to do but because of their relationship with someone within the cox family they are given the position. Making it difficult to be productive because the unqualified person makes it miserable for the rest of the employees not knowing anything about the job they are being paid for.

was alright

Job was alright. A Lot of drama sometimes. Pay was decent. Very strict point system so very unfortunate when a child is sick.

layoffs

Worked fifteen years through the epidemic and still treated everyone like they just started?To be in management it's not how hard you work it works on the buddy system?

Pros

Christmas dinner

Cons

no break

It sucked being there every minute

They don’t give a two cents about their employees and require you to run multiple machines and deburr 100% and you only get one 30 minute lunch break. They demand 80% efficiency to get a raise and that’s only if they give you a review. To SUM IT UP THEY ARE WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED

Pros

You got to go home

Cons

High priced health benefits only 1 break

Just dont do it it's not worth it at all they dont care about anyone but themselves thay all say one thing and do another and they dont pay worth anything

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

overbearing high strung and high stress

constantly watching your every move by 2 or 3 managers at all times that all want you doing something different and don't communicate with each other and i hope you like having to RUN non-stop 2,3,or 4 machines with 2 minute run times and you have to deburr and inspect all of your own parts and don't you dare let those machines sit for any amount of time. also i hope you enjoy paying an exorbitant amount for health care let alone dental and vision.

Pros

nice break room

Cons

work environment, pay, benefits, workplace culture and management

Safe work environment

Work-life balanceWork life at Cox machine. They care about employees and will train you if your willing to learn. Wish I was still with this company.

Good workplace

they teach me how to set up and run machine by my own, we discuss how to solve the problemI like work at weekend shift so I can have more time in weekdays to go to school to improve my skill

Pros

Overtime, Friendly co worker

Cons

Expensive insurance

. Its just a job

its just a job, there is nothing else to add. Like all place some good and bad people. Advancement almost never happens. So if you go in thinking your moving up the ladder, your not. They need laborers.

Pros

4/10 hours days and 3/12 hour days

Cons

NO Breaks...

it wasn't bad working there

we didn't get any breaks but the people i worked with was pretty nice, you got help when you needed it, overall not a bad place to work at, i do think they should do a little more training for some people who where higher up, it was a good environment.

A good place to learn if you are willing

This company took a person who knew nothing about the aerospace industry and taught me quite a bit. From material testing to reading certifications and specifications and verifying them to be correct. I learned a lot of new skills.

Pros

Good Christmas party, flexible on time off needed for personal reasons.

Cons

Not very good at communication to employees.

Strict, few raises.

There are very few times you can get a raise or move forward in the company. Management only cares about your daily efficiency, and nags on you if you don't meet their hard to reach expectations. Starting pay is low for the industry. Attendance is very strict with no flexibility or care.

Working for this company has been great for me I love my job

I love getting up for work every morning and I enjoy my job all day long. I work with good people and I learn a lot each day my days go by so fast and I am happy that I can do something different every day and learn from each one of my job I do

Pros

Salary

Cons

Aircraft industry

uncomfortable workplace

Unfair decisions in base of rumors, little companionship, low level of managers. Training is very poor. Very frequent change of managers and don't take advantage of workers qualities.

Selfish company poor management

They play favorites . people that have been workingg here for 10+ yrs only making 20 an HR. Its not a place to invest alot of time into would be good for beginners wanting experience but nothing more

Honest days pay for honest days work....

Good place to work.... Shop is clean and management is fair, All the necessary tools are there for your use. If U don't have what U need they will get it.

Not worth the time

Company plays favorites and a buddy buddy system. Company has lousy benefits but the work is rewarding. Good entry level position for gaining knowledge but not for long term,

Fun workplace and environment

it was a fun place to work and had a great family feel to the company. The people at Cox Machine are what make it special. I learned a lot to help me progress to a more lucrative career.

Rampant nepotism and favoritism

Horrible place. If you aren't family, good luck. The machine shop is an absolute disaster and their solution is to shuffle around incompetent leadership hoping it's going to make a difference. You will not be paid nearly enough to deal with the amount of stress and work they try to get you to do. The company has a serious retention problem all due to the fact that they treat their employees like dirt. Do not fall for the "we are a family" speech they try to sell you in the interview. I promise you, it's a lie.

For entry level

Other posts pretty much cover review. Cheap pay for skilled labor. Raises non existent if at max pay per area ( which is low ). They just need bodies to push buttons and burr parts.

Terrible place to work.

I do not recommend any to work for this company. They play favorites among employees. They do not understand how to value core beliefs that makes a work environment to successful for their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Machine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8