COX MANUFACTURING Employee Reviews

typical work day
Tool room assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXMarch 11, 2019
Typical day , clean your work area , have a department meeting in order to organize and prioritize the task for the day . you learn how to transform a piece of metal into a very complicated part that will be used in different areas of the economy , Management is excellent , they plan ahead all the different jobs that have to be done . workers are very respectful to each other.the hardest part of the job for the shop workers is to be standing 99 percent of the time . the most enjoyable part of the job , is when you finish a task and you did it right.
When working at Cox manufacturing you transform metal , is an industry that is going to be always necessary for the economy , it means job security .
Pros
paid vacation, 401K, sick tima 40 hrs a year
Cons
Health insurance is just a savings plan
good place to make good friends
team leader/ quality control (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2018
my days goes very fast here at COX good co- workers everybody is friendly, I been working 20 years here and still going happy,
I start working here sorting and reworking parts and then change to Quality Control I learn the System very well and now I'm a Team leader and got 11 ladies under my supervision, and I think this is a very good place to start a new career special for young people .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
attendance
Great place to learn and advance your career
Director of Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2017
Cox has a great apprenticeship program. This also includes in house learning opportunities to increase knowledge on machining. The team leaders have a great deal of knowledge. We strive to continually improve our processes to increase productivity and improve the processes of team members daily duties.
Pros
Team work
Productive & challenging place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2017
Great place to work. It is very challenging and that makes it very rewarding. Co-workers are very helpful and job knowledge is shared freely. I plan and hope to be here for a long time.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, especially for a 140 person company
COX Manufacturing
Information Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78247October 2, 2017
I learned a lot from this company.
They Let us grow as an invidual.
They Let us learn from Mistakes
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people.
exellent
Set up machinist and operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2016
excellent company, willing to teach younger people about the machining and manufacturing industry. also have a lot of experience with production manufacturing.
Good people, great accounting staff.
CFO (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Good people, great accounting staff. Typical duties include supervising staff, overseeing monthly close, providing ad hoc reports.
Small company, with big future
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2015
Typically check for out of date or close to out of date tools that needed to be calibrated. Nice place to work, owner is there on the shop floor everyday and has family involved in growing of the shop.
Pros
A great place to work, owner really cares about employees
interesting and fast paced work
Cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txSeptember 17, 2013
running machines and making adjustments to produce quality parts, management was fair, coworkers were nice and easy to get along with
Fast paced, fun job.
Apprentice Machinist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2013
From the time I clocked in to the time I clocked out, I was being taught all about the machining process. Co-workers all were smiles and ready to answer all my questions. Sadly, management was very critical about my learning curve. You have to have an intermediate knowledge of machining to work at Cox Manufacturing.
Pros
friendly, helpful atmosphere
Cons
constantly being watched by managment