Cox Media Group Ohio Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off
Digital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2018
It is a very fast paced environment. Days go by very fast. My co-workers are one of the best parts of the job. Everyone gets along and is willing to help.

Management has your back.
Pros
days go by quickly
Cons
stressful
N/a
MULTIMEDIA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2017
It’s a good company but in sales department there is a lot of Favoritism as to who gets the really good accounts and who doesn’t. Which placates as to who is going to have a really nice and calm and who will not.
top media outlet in the Miami Valley
Media Sales Consultant Dayton (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 8, 2017
fun environment with co-workers, very good benefits
Fast paced and very busy at times, Lots of options for clients with the various options that clients have access to
Pros
strong marketing company
Cons
none at this time
Good first job, but far from optimal.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at Cox was mostly me sitting at a machine feeding ads and coupons into a line that makes a newspaper. I learned a fair bit about industry and machine work. My coworkers were all wonderful and the best part of the job. The worst part of the job was easily management and scheduling. I was frequently rescheduled without any warning, and management frequently seemed out to get me, up until the end of my employment there.
Pros
Good light industry experience. Nice coworkers.
Cons
Horrid management. Inconsistent schedules.
Exceptional family owned Fortune 500 company to work for.
ITS Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Family owned 119 year old company that provides a great working atmosphere. The division I work for is Newspapers, TV and Radio and is a number 1 media company.
Nice place to work
Accounting Clerk/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Worked for CMGO for 25 years. Great memories, great co-workers and managers. Nice place to work but it really depends on the department. A lot of changes over the years and a great deal of laid offs. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Job security and career advancement
Fast-paced work environment, far-flung clients
Newspaper designer. artist, Web Content producer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 26, 2015
The Newspaper Shared Services copy desk serves newspapers in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Texas.

It is a fast-paced work environment, requiring the meeting of granular deadlines throughout the day and coordinating work with far-flung clients.
Cmgo
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Fun place to work. Great benefits & pay is good. Constant change in management makes it hard to adjust.
Great friendly work environment. A great learning experience.
Commercial Production Paid Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioFebruary 21, 2013
I am given project by clients within the Ohio Region. I produce and edit 10, 15, and 30 second TV commercial spots for our local TV station, Channel 7 in Dayton, Ohio. I have learned editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas. I have great co-workers who I have participated in On-Location shooting. They have taught me about the process of getting a TV commercial done from start to finish. The hardest part of my job is how precise I want my project to be. Editing can take a long time, but I want the best work I can do. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing my finished projects.