CoxHealth Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Population Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2019
Typical work day will very depending on department. Population Health is a sedentary position at a desk for the majority of the day. I work on educating providers and staff on the proper ways to better assist in identifying patient/providers needs.
Pros
Good boss and have flexible work structure
Cons
Healthcare, sedentary postion
Great ICUs to work in. Diverse learning experiences, great team work, overall positive culture.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2019
I have only worked in their medical intensive care. The unit has amazing management. They have set a very high standard for patient care and created a culture of teamwork. The unit is slightly outdated with a funky set up. The job can be stressful like any job. Overall great place to work.
Pros
2:1 ratio, management, teamwork
Cons
unit is outdated, stressful job
Great place to work!
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2019
Although some days are draining (like every job), this place is truly one of the best places I’ve ever worked in my entire life. The staff on the child-psych unit are like my family and I can’t think of a better group of people. You would be so lucky to become part of this family!
Fellow nurses did not work as a team, therefore the the stressload was twice as stressful.
RN (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 2, 2019
It's a small hospital, so theres alot of favoritism. Fellow nurses on floor were very unfriendly. Overall work environment was terrible! I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Great patients, fair pay & benefits.
Cons
Favoritism by management. Unkind & unfriendly staff.
making a difference
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 24, 2019
Working at Cox South, never use the term "that is not my job". Your job at cox south was to help others help you. It was about how YOU could HELP OTHERS, by just one simple task.
Ok place to work
Medical Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 10, 2019
Cox has been an ok place to work. I believe the pay could be better. They could do more for there employees. Communication between upper management could be better. I think they should hire smokers although it is not good for your health, there are good people out there who like to smoke.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Could be better pay
Poor management and terrible coworkers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2019
Incredibly stressful and fast paced. Terrible people to work with and the management was horrible. I didn't enjoy the job at all and quit after a month.
horrible
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 23, 2019
do not work here especially in patient registration at west pavillion the manager is never there. you come to her with issues get zero response and she professes to know what is going on in her department. i wasnt properly trained and get in trouble for not knowing things. the front desk lady has bullied me and gossiped about me since i have started i have not only gone to hr and my boss with nothing done
Very stressful environment
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CoxHealth Center ElfindaleApril 13, 2019
They don’t hire sufficient staff for front office. They expected one person to do the job of three people and didn’t offer more money to do 3 jobs. When someone quits they don’t hire someone else they just pile it on to the other person that is there. I don’t like the management or administration. The communication between employees and administration is non existent. They tell you what you want to hear or as much as they want you to know.
Pros
Full time positions
Cons
Administration, not enough pay for work load.
Food Services Assistant
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 8, 2019
From the time you clock in until the time you clock out you will be busy and held to high standards. The hardest part of the job is willing to be open to change and adopting to the way management wants the job done. You will see some favoritism and people working to make a difference in the community around them. I have learned what it means to work independently and effectively. It has also taught me how to think critically both individually and as a team member.
Pros
Excellent fitness centers, paid time off, performance based awards system, they care about families and those around them.
Cons
Lack of communication between shifts, shifts tend to run longer than scheduled, and expect constructive criticism.
Cox Health Systems
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2019
I worked for Cox Health for a total of 20 years. Throughout the last ten years, job security was always in question, and upper management wasn't always truthful with what was going on. The job I had was a good job and fulfilled its purpose in my life.
Pros
paycheck/freedom with hours
Cons
mundane/no growth/no contact with others
Very fast paced
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 31, 2019
The job its self isn't bad you never know if its going to be a crazy night or a calm one which is fun but also the management of my department doesn't seem to care or try very hard to improve the work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
You aren't treated very well
Poor Managment, Poor Work Environment, Great Coworkers
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Psych UnitMarch 31, 2019
As far as the job itself, it had its good moments. I loved every single one of my coworkers on my shift. However, I felt singled out and discriminated against. There was always drama, and it was constantly blamed on one shift. If you were not on the shift that they thought mattered, they could care less about your opinion. There are a lot of inappropriate things that go on on the unit, but get ignored because the ones doing it are favorites. They absolutely don't care about the safety of their employees. Patients were allowed to verbally abuse us, and we were just supposed to sit there and take it. If you tried following the rules and it made a patient upset, it would get blamed on you, and you would get staff splitted by someone else. They will fire you right on the spot, no write ups or anything. I have never felt so scared to talk to a manager. They would pretty much tell you tough luck, and its not their problem. COX PSYCHIATRIC II and III FLOOR. You need to do better. Take pride in the people you have, and instead of just throwing people out, teach them the right way, or you will keep losing people.
Pros
Coworkers, Pay
Cons
Poor Work Environment, Poor Managment, Poor Everything
Great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 29, 2019
Really great place to work, staff needs a lot of work on cooperating. Good management, really clean and hospitable place for patients to get better. Would come back.
Worst
LIEUTENANT - SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2019
The management at Cox Security is horrid. They lack the ability to understand how their actions, decisions and the 'rules' they enforce impact the officers working there which often times results in officers getting written up and most end up quitting. Poor management is very regular and communication with officers is worse.
Great with life balance
Phlebotomist & Laboratory Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 13, 2019
Manager is very good at helping you balance your schedule with life, school, family, etc. Very open and able to talk and work things out. She was willing to also discuss growth in the position.
Ferrell Duncan Clinic upper management is horrible
Peon (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2019
Ferrell Duncan Administrators stay in their offices when they are there. They have no idea and don't care about the staff and what they do. New DON and operations administrator are arrogant and clueless as to how to run a clinic. They lie to employees and only care about themselves and drawing a LARGE paycheck.
Cons
Good but management is known to play favorites
Porcedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 2, 2019
Your days go by fairly quickly. I learned alot about the healthcare industry in my time there.
Management is known to play favorites.
Hardest part of the job was getting blamed for things you didn't do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and most colleagues.
Loved working there
CMA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 1, 2019
I loved working for Cox Health, I haved a lot for the doctor I worked with. I love to get back on at Cox Health. All the coworkers was willing to help out when asked.
Security department is a disappointment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2019
As a seasoned security and law enforcement professional with over 20 years of experience I was disappointed with this organization. Management says they work off fixed schedules, this is not the case. Each person seems to have different schedules. The job posting is misleading as to hours and shifts. Schedules are subject to change during your days off without a phone call. Should get a job offer don’t expect a weekend off or day shift unless you washed out of Ozark PD FTO or are the Chief of Police for Clever PD. When asked to provide written feedback regarding a program or policy do not be honest, answer in a manner you think management wants to hear. Promotion potential is based on your ability to make friends not better the organization. Pay isn’t great but not bad. If management decides you aren’t a good fit they won’t tell you why they are firing you. You will be told to go to HR for an explanation and HR won’t know what you are talking about.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Scheduling changes, departmental leadership ethos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoxHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight