CoxHealth Employee Reviews

Insurance Follow Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2018
I enjoy my job at Cox Health. I have worked many years here. I wish the pay was better and better benefits. I think the benefits could be more competitive.
A great place to work
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOJune 21, 2018
I love working at Cox Health, they are like a second family to me. They keep everyone informed of what is going on with our hospital and helps us all to be better at our jobs.
A good hospital to work for
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 13, 2018
Good hospital. Good nurses. Sometimes lacking hours to work. Many available departments to work in. Takes time to obtain PTO. Health insurance is not immediate.
Fast paced and exciting place to work.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 3, 2018
I am on the phones and computer eight plus hours per day. I manage all incoming calls for a very busy doctors office. Other duties include: scheduling appointment, sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing faxes and mail, referring out for specialists, and other tasks as assigned by my physicians. I have learned to multitask very efficiently. I work great with my fellow employees and physicians and enjoy being a part of the team. The hardest part of my job is trying to find the time for outgoing calls, when I average around 100 incoming calls per day. What I enjoy most is the people I work with and customer interaction.
Pros
Positve team environment and customer contact.
Cons
Very low pay and poor medical benifits.
I enjoy patient care
Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 1, 2018
My days at work at fast paced. Management at the hospital is fair and good. The hospital sets it standard around patient care as long as productivity doesnt demand a push the other direction
Productive workplace
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 26, 2018
cleaned offices in one of the buildings and I really enjoyed it, they just left me be for long periods of time while I worked. The communication as a whole could be better but it is a great place to work.
Better than average employer
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 24, 2018
Better than average employer. I would say overall that CoxHealth is dedicated to improving health care processes. The people that work for Cox are genuine and most of them want to do what is best for the patient.
it was a decent job but there was drama
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2018
the job itself wasn't bad but there was a lot of drama and it seemed like you were always having to fix someone else mistake. unless you were the one making the mistakes, then i was doing my job and yours. the good days were when you helped the patients.
Decent company but tends to lean more to clinical aspect
Cash poster III (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 6, 2018
More toward clinical aspect seems to be in a constant mode of changing job speculations in constant mode of changing...seems to be a lot of turn over with employees
Pros
Wellness program, cafeteria discount, discounted gym membership
Cons
Not as many long term employees...
Terrible place to work.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2018
If you're related to others there you get away with everything and advance. There are no morals in HIM. I found that you have to be there a year or regardless of notice no vacation. Meanwhile working in records others are just allowed to go in and remove what you've done.
Pros
Cons
No training or equal treatment.
Overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 29, 2018
I enjoy working for CoxHealth as a nurse. I think they do a good job caring for their patient's and meeting safety protocols.

I wish nurses were paid better here.
High Turnover and low morale
Psychiatric Technician II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2018
The job was originally very rewarding and a team oriented environment but new management as caused friction between staff. The patients should be the focus but the job does not support the staff enough to be as effective as the patients need. With new management and an increase in pay, this job would be rewarding.
Pros
Plenty of available hours
Cons
poor management and low pay
Basic nursing job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 23, 2018
No thrills. This job is like any other in the medical field. They do seem interested in making this a good placed to work. My manager is farly good at his job.
Emergency Department at Cox South
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 17, 2018
Excellent employer. Excellent education. Excellent culture. I absolutely recommend working here. Completed my nursing internship here and was offered a job in the emergency department.
Cox Health
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 11, 2018
The position was stressful, zero teamwork, very petty co workers, constant criticism by co workers. I would not work at this place ever again. Hope this helps.
Team work is a 10
Fitness Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 7, 2018
We are a team here. We work together to achieve success in the area of customer service and customer fitness. The fitness manager is very good at his job. He encourages us to bb more cohesive.
Friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 3, 2018
Cox was a great place to work. The nurses and doctors were kind and helpful whenever I had questions. I never felt unwelcome or dumb for asking a question.
Pros
Free lunches
Great job, little pay
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 3, 2018
While I loved my job, the pay scale has a lot to be desired. My supervisor was outstanding. I loved the relationships I made while working with Cox.
Great executive leadership.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 24, 2018
Level 1 Trauma Center. Leadership is visible and accessible. DNV accreditation. Community focused mission, vision, and values. Organization values employee feedback and works to ensure employee satisfaction.
Pros
Great focus on employee & patient satisfaction
New manager liked them young and skinny. s
nonyabizness (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 24, 2018
Manager likes em young skinny and dumb. Likes to crack jokes and belittle employees. Pressure to tattle and when you do, your next. Likes to wrongfully terminated people. Horrid, stressful environment unless your an *** kisser then. Upper management, H.R. backstabber all of them.
Pros
Medical staff is noce
Cons
Just not a place I'd recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoxHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight