Coyne Textile Services Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 12, 2018
The same experiences came with this company as it did with G&K. Coworkers were good at helping one another. Management was always there if you had a problem.
great company
Service manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYFebruary 12, 2018
was a great company but they are closed down. Forgive me I cannot get past with out writing a comment. Was a great place for me to work for over 8 yearrs
Pros
great company
Cons
closed down
Poor Managment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 15, 2017
Several changes in a few months too high expectations were set by upper management, Co workers were set in their own ways and not very friendly towards new workers
dirty job, customer service a must.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 26, 2017
early start , dealing with a lot clothing ,in dirty places . a lot of paint shops , restaurants, building and manufacturing places ,lot of sizing and resizing of company uniforms.
Pros
free uniforms, no weekends
Cons
work at your own pace most days.
Out of Business
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 14, 2017
CEO ran the company in the ground. Filed bankruptcy and was bought by Cintas who then laid everyone off who was associated with Coyne. It was nice until then
Horrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 30, 2017
This place cared nothing about their employees. I guess that showed since they had to shut the doors. Worked 7 days a week, 5 at coyne, 2 at the hospital in which we supplied linen to. Told I was good, had no worries about losing my job and then bam everyone gone!
Pros
Wish there was pros
Cons
Everything and I mean everything.
ok
Office Manager / HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 25, 2017
Ok company, Nice employees and fellow co-workers. Nice hours, no nights and weekends. Close to home not a long drive. nice environment nice and clean and well taken care of
Great Work Opportunity
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 8, 2017
My day consisted of answering customers needs, data entry, answering phones and interacting with management. My co-workers were wonderful to work with.
This company is no longer in existence
Servicing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCDecember 26, 2016
My immediate supervisor was great. The owners were of the old-school management style and did not adapt to the new culture. Their attitude was "do it or else."
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
Terrible owners
no job security
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYDecember 11, 2016
awful place to work, worked many years there, made all customers happy and the company was selling out and told everyone we would keep our jobs and routes but they let everyone go
Pros
good money
Cons
sold out

Want to know more about Coyne Textile Services?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work
Corporate Service (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 7, 2016
The Coyne third generation of siblings have absolutely decimated this once respected company.This once reputable organization has since gone out of business after once have been a powerhouse organization.
The Manager I had Acted like he was God. Was Transferred in to "fix" things my Manager messed up.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Get there at 4 a.m. look through work orders. Organize my day. Talk to my drivers see if they need me or anything from me. I learned deposits, balance sheets, route sheets and customer service.
Hardest part of my job was being gone 60-70 hrs a week from my family. Enjoyable part was weekends off
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no home time during week.
Too much favoritism and politics
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 9, 2016
Your growth potential was strictly controlled by your willingness to suck up to the Old Boys. They could do no wrong (there was more than one inappropriate conduct lawsuit settled) but promises made for advancement based on your work quality and dedication were kept or ignored at their whim. The company was top-heavy with presidents galore which financially hurt it. Revenue shortfalls were made up by constantly raising prices or adding new charges to existing customers, often against what contracts allowed. Overall I regret having dedicated two decades of my life to Coyne, only to get screwed on a promotion for which I had been allegedly groomed for years. I worked arduous hours, lived and worked out of town with a promise of "extra pay" for my efforts (which, amazingly, never materialized), and even had my per diems cut because too many upper-management travelers were abusing the arrangements. The most valuable thing I learned was to always get promises in writing from your employer, because in this case they were seldom kept.
Pros
Met a lot of nice people
Cons
Little reward relative to efforts made
Great job with flexibility of start times due to getting kids to school
Service and Sales Representative (SSR) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2015
8-10 days
learned custome rservice skills and customer retention
great tem of leaders and dept heads
best group of people I ever worked with, like a family
dealing with the elements/ driving conditions when operating a large vehicle
the customers and my co-workers
Pros
didn't have to punch a time clock
Cons
idiot drivers on the road
It would have been a good job with potential if not closing
MERCHANDISING CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCNovember 17, 2015
It started out like it was going to be a great job with good benefits. Then the word of bankruptcy came in to play. This was a uniform rental company and we had some very satisfied customers and the plant in Duncan was really growing.
Productive and fun
Merchandise Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of responding to all emails that have been sent, transferring work orders, ordering emblems, making sure all product is getting out on time. Servicing the customer with the upmost capability.

Making sure the warehouse is properly stocked with enough product to service customers.

Responsible in being a leader to my team of workers.

I've learned that hard work does pay off in the end as long as you keep at it and don't give up you will succeed.

The enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to show and prove to the person that hired you for the position that you can do the job/work.
Pros
hour lunches
fun workplace
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 20, 2015
This job was the first job in my career. I was able to grow accounts and establish long term customer relationships. Although management was difficult at times we were able to maintain a good working relationship.
Bad
Salesman/ Route Man (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 16, 2015
Delivered product to customers. I enjoyed interacting with the customers but that was about it. That job was not for me at all.
Warehouse
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 12, 2015
I liked the job but it closed down the location of where is was before so I moved on and got a better job. It was a great learning experience
Coyne Textile Services
EXECUTIVE BUYER (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 20, 2015
The company cant get out of its own way, management favors other management that harasses and abuses its employees. Pay was low, benefits few and lay offs many.