Coyote Logistics
59Below average

Coyote Logistics Employee Reviews

United States234 reviews
Fun place with lots of opportunities for growth
Great place to work. Fun environment. Flexible hours, food catered 1 a month, cakes catered every two weeks, beer on tap every Friday, lots of discounts.
I worked hard and was underpaid.
I learned a lot about being a courier, however the pay was not good at all. I was paid for most jobs $4 and some change and at the end of the week I made about $360. That doesn't cover the gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. I had numerous stops but the pay was just not good.
Fast pace place to work
As long as you are meeting goals managers are very relaxed and kick back with you. The work load is heavy and it seems to only be getting worst. Changes are very common so you need to be ready to learn quickly.
Productive workplace with good people who are always willing to help.
Coyote is a wonderful place to work that focuses on individual productivity. While things may be constantly changing there is a communication around the office that makes sure everyone is informed and has everything they need to do their best.
Fun work place
It was great to interact with different carriers daily. I did not enjoy cold calling but that is just a personal preference. Overall the culture is amazing.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Coyote Logistics
A typical work day was to get the loads covered for the day. The hardest part of the day way just covering the hard loads with no margin. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with and relationships I gained.
Advancement Opporunities
I hired in as 3rd shift dispatch. After a few months I was offered a position as a carrier sales support. There are multiple and plenty of positions one can obtain within.
Pros
Environment (Fast Paced)
Cons
Finding qualified and loyal carriers
A numbers job
If you want to work here, you had better like selling and cold calling or "warm calling." Most definitely a sales job where your worth is only seen by the sales and effort numbers you put up. If you are not producing to their liking, you will eventually be let go. Not the type of job and environment for everyone.
Fun Workplace
Great workplace environment. People are friendly and willing to help in every aspect. Training is very thorough. Overall fun workplace with competitions and beer on fridays.
No Job security for employees who are working for more than 10 years.
Flexible work hours but no job security. New Management so much of politics. No respect for the employees who has been working from long. They don't see the work what they have done, whoever talks more complaints more they will get benefits.
What was good at coyote
I learned valuable sales experience and how to handle customer service since I worked with major companies and trucking services. I also learned how to go and cold call on the product that we were trying to sell
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work is responding to phones and emails. Ensuring documentation is sufficient for payment and customer billing requirements. Very great energized and productive company to work for!
Work Hard, Play Hard
Very collaborative and young work environment. Emphasis on teamwork exhausts employees and saps productivity, and doesn't provide recognition for superstar employers. The consequence of performing well is being awarded more work and unachievable goals.
No Comment
Coyote was not the right fit for me, and UPS is not a good fit for most people.Plaing and simple, saving money and cutting cost seem to be the primary focus, not retaining talent.
In short
This company is a joke. The pay is terrible and your advancement is based off pure luck. Everyone you call has pretty much already dealt with coyote and hates it so good luck gaining new business. After training they messed up my compensation and I was out $800 out of my own pocket
Pros
Ping pong and beer on Fridays.
Cons
The whole place is a joke.
Good Employer
Benefits are really good, pay is ok, not bad, not great. Overall management is pretty good and they have a good culture. Job can be stressful with long hours and occasional after hours and weekend work.
In short
They will do everything in their power to pay you as little as they can... It is a buddy buddy system. You are either in or out. HR team is a joke and only covers the company's backside.
fun and fast place to work at.
Great job for someone looking to get work experience but not much room to grow in the company. You will work long hours but could make very good money. This job is not for everyone but you will learn a lot if you stick with it.
Good but not great enough
When I first arrived the interview was awesome. The atmosphere was diverse and fun. The training was more of getting to know the culture here at Coyote and the mere basics of what dispatching consist of. The trainer seemed to be an all around good hearted individual! Once I actually got placed on a team I moved to the “black” area downstairs where it’s mainly blacks. Within the first two weeks there was a fist fight involving three women! One of the women told lead she was uncomfortable might I add. The leaders are moody and appear to pick favorites. For example the entire team refuses to work until the Que is backed up. This is a domino effect. And unfortunately it’s left a horrible taste in my mouth. Great company but at this location the execution is poor! Ottley Location Atlanta.
Pros
The vision is there. It will eventually be great!
Cons
They need to learn balance. They can keep the culture. The atmosphere, the brand, and still be professional, and fair.
Coyote is a great company to start building your sales skills at.
Coyote is a great company to start building your sales skills at. The workplace culture is advantageous for anyone entering the workforce. A typical day consisted of cold calls and building mutually beneficial relationships with shippers and carriers' throughout the continental US, Canada and Mexico.
High Energy & Very competitive culture
Do the right thing every time, Live up to every promise, learn every day, embrace cooperation and teamwork. Lots of cold calling, quick sales, very intense place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coyote Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight