Cozymeal Employee Reviews

Flexible Fun Opportunity
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2019
Becoming a Cozymeal chef is one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. It is the perfect blend between cooking and instructing. As a Cozymeal chef, I am 100% in control of my calendar. I work when I am able to. I am able to travel across the DFW area and meet new people who are interested in sharing an interactive cooking experience with a trained professional. My platform within Cozymeal is to provide the most tailored fit experience for the customer, so their expectations are far exceeded. I ensure my customers have a day filled with cooking and tidbits of information to help increase their daily cooking. Filling a person with confidence to cook at home is worth its weight in gold. I encourage rolling the dice and seeing what all Cozymeal could hold for you.
Flexible way to chef on your own terms
Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2019
I have been leading cooking classes with Cozymeal since November 2019. This has been overwhelmingly a positive experience. I design the menu, I host the event and they bring you the leads/diners. Cheffing with Cozymeal is not a full-time commitment, as you allot a set number of days that you're available to teach cooking classes to guests. The staff have been very supportive and always reply promptly to my questions. If you have a flexible schedule (especially if you're available on weekend evenings/afternoons), Cozymeal is a great way to flex your creative menu-making skills while connecting with new potential private clients. I love meeting new people and the flexibility to teach when/where I want. This is not a full-time restaurant gig and chefs should understand that before applying.
Flexible Fun and Rewarding work for a great company!
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJuly 28, 2019
I have been a Chef with Cozymeal in the San Diego area for over 3 years now. Since teaching my very first class. I have considered myself very lucky to be a part of such a great company. I love the flexibility of Cozymeal. Allowing the Chef to make there own menu, pricing, and schedule. Cozymeal is a amazing concept that is only going to grow. If you are on the fence about giving it a shot. I would highly recommend this low-risk, big reward opportunity.

I'm grateful to be a part of your team Cozymeal!
Pros
You are your own boss and manage your own business
Cons
No Private Chef Booking Service set up in San Diego Currently
When I need help from Cozymeal, Sales team and Experience team are amazingly helpful.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2019
Freedom to create menu. Flexible schedule. Sometimes too much work, sometimes very few work.
Payments on time and correct. No benefit such as health insurance, paid time off and 401k
Cons
No regular schedule and no benefits
Great company to work with.
Photographer and Critic representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2019
Cozymeal gives me the possibility to meet new people and taste great dishes prepared by the best chefs in the city I live. I really enjoy this job cause it's fun and I am constantly evaluating all the chefs I photoshoot and their food.
The downside is that it's not so frequent; sometimes it's 2 days a week or some a month.
I really hope they could increase this so I wouldn't have to fill the extra time with other jobs.
Freedom to be a chef
Cooking Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2019
As a a young woman it is almost impossible for me to succeed in the male dominant restaurant industry without working for someone else. I have been with Cozymeal for over a year now and have been able to quit my job and focus on helping my community. I can create my own schedule, spend time with my family and travel. I started off in a small venue and then decided to become a traveling chef.
Pros
Time Management, Can build your own menus, Inspiring CEO
Cons
hardwork, interesting clientele
Gig work not as expected
Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2019
Just like working uber or Lyft. You do all the work take all the risks and company does very little. You are a commodity not an employee.

Money you can make is over inflated in interview. All the work is done by you and when you add cost of food and your time no benefits and no idea of classes to teach or revenue guarantees. You are basically overpaying for web advertising
Pros
Teaching classes and great customers
Cons
You do everything only perks is advertising on web. Unfair split of revenue
Great company culture!
Content Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 27, 2018
My time at Cozymeal not only allowed me to sharpen my writing skills but it also fostered a very supportive environment that allowed me to pursue to a great deal of creative freedom.
Excellent company to work for.
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2018
Great support and positive work environment, Good compensation and terrific marketing plan for Chefs. Great exposure to community, and excellent platform for demonstrating your skills.
Pros
Great marketing and exposure.
Cons
Pay could be about 20% higher.
Friendly, Helpful
FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER AND FOOD CRITIC (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2017
Cozymeal, as a freelance contractor, was a great place to work. I worked many hours with the CEO and found him very clever and hardworking. He's kind but very business minded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cozymeal. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7