Cozymeal Employee Reviews for Chef

3.9Job Security & Advancement
Flexible Fun Opportunity
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2019
Becoming a Cozymeal chef is one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. It is the perfect blend between cooking and instructing. As a Cozymeal chef, I am 100% in control of my calendar. I work when I am able to. I am able to travel across the DFW area and meet new people who are interested in sharing an interactive cooking experience with a trained professional. My platform within Cozymeal is to provide the most tailored fit experience for the customer, so their expectations are far exceeded. I ensure my customers have a day filled with cooking and tidbits of information to help increase their daily cooking. Filling a person with confidence to cook at home is worth its weight in gold. I encourage rolling the dice and seeing what all Cozymeal could hold for you.
Flexible way to chef on your own terms
Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2019
I have been leading cooking classes with Cozymeal since November 2019. This has been overwhelmingly a positive experience. I design the menu, I host the event and they bring you the leads/diners. Cheffing with Cozymeal is not a full-time commitment, as you allot a set number of days that you're available to teach cooking classes to guests. The staff have been very supportive and always reply promptly to my questions. If you have a flexible schedule (especially if you're available on weekend evenings/afternoons), Cozymeal is a great way to flex your creative menu-making skills while connecting with new potential private clients. I love meeting new people and the flexibility to teach when/where I want. This is not a full-time restaurant gig and chefs should understand that before applying.
When I need help from Cozymeal, Sales team and Experience team are amazingly helpful.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2019
Freedom to create menu. Flexible schedule. Sometimes too much work, sometimes very few work.
Payments on time and correct. No benefit such as health insurance, paid time off and 401k
Cons
No regular schedule and no benefits
Gig work not as expected
Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2019
Just like working uber or Lyft. You do all the work take all the risks and company does very little. You are a commodity not an employee.

Money you can make is over inflated in interview. All the work is done by you and when you add cost of food and your time no benefits and no idea of classes to teach or revenue guarantees. You are basically overpaying for web advertising
Pros
Teaching classes and great customers
Cons
You do everything only perks is advertising on web. Unfair split of revenue