CP Nassau Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I love my job!
EMR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYMay 1, 2018
A great place to work with many opportunities for growth.
A supportive and nurturing place for individuals with disabilities and a chance to give back.
Great management, and the ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn new skills, goal-oriented, and supportive management
Cons
No night or weekend hours
Inspiring place to work/ You feel very needed here
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYMarch 29, 2017
Some days are more challenging then others but if you work well with your team you can really get the job done. The work requires you to know how to cook because you will be cooking the patients dinner some nights. You will have to sometimes feed them, also you will give them showers yourself plus any BM (bowel movements) you will have to clean it up as well. So if you are not used to something like that please take that into consideration, you might have to deal with that on a daily basis. However the consumers are the best part of the job they are very loving/caring and they make you feel very needed.
Pros
Open work environment
Cons
Cleaning up bowel movements
Ucpn is a special ed school for children with different disabilities.
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYDecember 17, 2015
I personally loved working at UCPN. I learned a lot and i was able to work with an extraordinary team. Everybody was very professional and we all had the same goal; to provide our students quality services, to help them grow and make the best of their abilities. Thanks to the children and professionals at UCPN i was able to find my passion in life; which is to help people. I was also introduced to my current major, I look forward to graduating and being able to go back to UCPN. That's how amazing this place is!!!
Pros
The children love and appreciate the little things you do for them!!
productive and alertness
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYApril 16, 2014
• Assist and document the development and implementation of long and short-term goals
• Coordinate and maintain service recipient's schedule (e.g., doctor appointments, professional team appointments and job).
• Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with service recipients, families, staff, administration, case management, and other service providers and assist in coordinating with any and all their needs concerning service recipients.
• Transport service recipient to and from work, scheduled appointments, and recreational activities in a safe and timely manner.
• Maintain a safe environment for the service recipient; prevent harm to service recipient, self, and others.
• Report any safety concerns to management in a timely manner.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
lifting
Supervisors are racists
Pre-K Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  roosevelt, nyAugust 31, 2013
It was a beautiful experience working with the kids. Almost 100% of hispanic backgrounds. It was sad to see how racist the supervisors are.
so-so
Medical Aide (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYJune 4, 2013
great people to work with and consumers, the only draw back is the pay and ability to move up within the company
friendly enviorment
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYAugust 30, 2012
The patients are brilliant and funny evry morning i come to work wether happy or sad they always cheer me up .
Pros
you learn new ways to do things
Cons
you have to wait for the next shift to release you