CPC Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Cpc
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 10, 2019
Working for CPC was ok but communication needed to be better. A lot of the time parents complained of not being able to reach supervisors. And more appreciation for workers having to drive and not providing just any location.
Pros
Pick hours an city you want to work in.
Cons
Communication was terrible between management and clients.
I love my job
Patients Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMarch 21, 2019
I work in billing and insurance. I love my job and the people I work with. I have learned so much in the past three years I have worked here. I am soaking everything up that I can. We are like a family here and we help eachother with everything and anything. It is so easy to get along with everyone here and you get to help people along the way. The success stories that came out of CPC are tremendous and put a smile on my face when I know we helped one more person.
Amazing place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 26, 2019
Good company to work for. The staff here was amazing and the days were busy and productive which for me is a good thing. Therapists, doctors, nurses etc were wonderful to work with and truly cared for the patients. Supervisors were awesome very professional and would listen to any suggestions or concerns. Overall was a great experience working at CPC. Highly recommend
Great place that really cares about helping people
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 4, 2019
The main reason that I got into the behavioral health field was to help people who need it. CPC provides an excellent platform for clinicians, social workers, counselors, case managers, interns and supervisors to help client in need which is extremely rewarding
Pros
Client centered, Lots of training opportunities, Rewarding
Cons
Fast paced, State required paperwork
Fast paced, but supportive
Mental Health Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 1, 2019
If you want to develop and improve your skills as a clinician CPC is the place to work at. I've been there a total of about 15 years and I can honestly say they have ALWAYS treated me fairly and respectfully. Just the fact that they are doing well in the rough climate of healthcare is a testament to them. Have you noticed how many agencies have folded? CPC has always been on the cutting edge of treatment and they still remain so. Out of all the agencies in NJ, they were picked along with 6 other agencies to participate in a Federal Program, The CCBHC. (That acknowledgement says a lot.)
If you are looking to kick back, put your feet up on the desk and case manage people, this is not your place. If you want to become a great therapist and experience what helping people really means, as well as getting the best supervision possible, I would apply to CPC.
Pros
Experience potential
Cons
Really subjective
Great place to work in MH/BH capacity
Children's Mobile Response Clinician (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJanuary 10, 2019
If you work in mental health or behavioral health and live in the Monmouth/Ocean region, CPC is a great place to work for! You get exposure to a variety of professionals that serve their clients in a number of capacities (i.e. counselors, social workers, psychiatrists, case managers, crisis workers, etc.). Because CPC's operation is so expansive, as an employee there is opportunity for advancement within commensurate to experience and credentialing. Work can be challenging i.e. long hours at times, challenging clients, paperwork; however if you get into the field of mental/behavioral health, this all comes with the territory. At Children's Mobile Response I have had excellent supervisors/supervision in the past which was an important part to me doing my job properly. I also felt comfortable with reaching out to other departments within in CPC for feedback/support as well. What I enjoyed the most about working at CPC was the comradery I established between myself and co-workers at CMRSS, which holds true to this day, even after not working there as a full-employee in over 10 years.
Pros
flexibility in schedule/room for advancement/ benefits
Cons
fast pace
A great place to learn a lot
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJanuary 9, 2019
I learned a tremendous amount about the mental health field from the management at CPC. The training I received, both formal (many conferences I attended that were free and CPC sponsored) and supervisory helped me become a well-rounded clinician. Also, unlike other similar programs, CPC policy to to sent the Crisis Intervention Specialists into the field in pairs to ensure our safety, which made me feel that the management cared about us.
Pros
great co-workers, supportive supervisors, good clinicians
Cons
A lot of paperwork
False Persona and Work Ethic
Billing Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Micro Managed/ Very Fake, a lot of misconceptions in orientation. Very clicky. I would not recommend anyone to apply at this non profit organization. If you do decide to work there then just know there is no room for growth and if you do grow it wont be for 10-15 years.
Pros
Cons
all
Good place to work to gain experience in mental health
Intensive Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJDecember 31, 2018
I have been with CPC for over three years and found that it is a good agency to prepare social workers and mental health providers with experience in difficulties of dealing with psychiatric concerns and how they impact overall well being.
Worst place to work
Mobile response (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJDecember 18, 2018
Mobile response supervisors are the worst. They don’t care about safety only about getting calls in and making money. Staff can get physically injured by clients in the field and the response from upper management is what did you do wrong to make the client punch you. They make you go out to peoples homes without training to areas that are unsafe. You can’t take time off if your paperwork is late yet the supervisors get paid to do nothing.
DO NOT WORK HERE unless you have no soul and don’t care about others.
Pros
Cons
Everything is a con about CPC
CPC was a great employer!
Assistant Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJ 07724August 30, 2018
Had the branch where I had been employed, not been transferred to a different agency I would have probably stayed with the agency. They were supportive of their staff. We were well informed of agency policies and changes as needed. Many of my coworkers and myself had great longevity with the agency. I had been with them for twenty years, surely this demonstrates I was pleased with my employer.

For me the most enjoyable parts of my day included direct care of the clients. I enjoyed helping clients in the community and in the residence to accomplish their personal goals. I also enjoyed my coworkers, The group home in which I worked had bonded like a family, staff and clients included. I genuinely miss seeing this extended family on a daily basis.
Great place to work.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJuly 29, 2018
Doesn’t have the big corporation feel- but sometimes you are reminded that the success of the agency is more important than your individual goals.
That being said, I feel supported and valued. My concerns are taken into consideration no matter how small. Bigger agency, lots of room for growth. Has a family/teamwork atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth and learning through supervision
Cons
You don’t get to evaluate your supervisor
Low Pay for Work load
Social Work (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJuly 27, 2018
Good start to the field and will gain lots of experience. But easy to burn out fast! Lack of organization! Everybody has a different answer on how things should be done.
Cons
To many changes with policies
geatt place to work
SUPPORTIVE CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJuly 23, 2018
i enjoyed my job people were excellent very supportive good benefits , good vacation pay . Overall great place to work sad to leave. Hope to return someday.
Pros
flexible
Cons
none great
Great place to grow!
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 13, 2018
Working here has provided me with an awesome and diverse experience in the mental health field as they serve a wide array of clients and services. A great place to learn!
Pros
Awesome co workers!
August 2, 2018

We are committed to providing an environment where our staff can learn and grow. Thank you for your contributions to the CPC team!

Friendly Work Environment With Caring Staff
PC Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 10, 2018
Working here has been very rewording. I support a staff in my office of around 40 people. The have made me feel like one of the family.
I have only been here a few months but I have learned so much in so little time. The other members of the IT team are so helpful and are just a phone call away if I come across something new that I have never seen before.
Pros
Nice Environment to Work in and Great Staff
Cons
Can get noisy when groups are in session.
August 2, 2018

Our staff are our greatest assets. Their supportive and caring attitudes create the company culture we are proud of. Welcome and thank you for being part of the team!

Can’t use your earned sick time
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMarch 15, 2018
CPC management is terrible. They don’t support you or advocate for employees safety. The new staff don’t get trained properly to go out in the field. If you call out more than 6 times in calendar year get ready to get written up.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Management, calling out sick policy and poor training!
March 19, 2018

CPC is committed to providing high quality care and we know that each employee plays an important role. Please contact our Director of Human Resources, Margaret, so that your concerns can be heard and addressed in the most appropriate fashion. The phone number is (732) 935-2240. Thank you.

Best place for students for support
TA (Current Employee) –  Morganville, NJMarch 13, 2018
CPC High Point School has been a challenging, but meaningful place to work. As a teacher assistant I assume many responsibilities and continue to learn and grow in this profession. The teachers are dedicated and I feel administrators understand these students with a personalized approach. The only negative is that staff must not lose sight as to why they're working here.
Pros
Compassionate Clinicians, teachers, and hard-working administration
Cons
Negative Employees
March 19, 2018

We are very proud of the hard work and dedication that our High Point Schools staff demonstrate every day! Thank you for being part of that team and for helping to maintain a supportive environment for our students!

Terrible stressful work environment
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not sayFebruary 28, 2018
CPC may have been great years ago however, it has changed. students are allowed to do whatever they want without consequences. Administration is terrible and immature and they dont care about staff. All CPC cares about is the next cash sign they are going to see. Its all about money. If you are thinking of working here don't. Find something you love but dont work for CPC it will be the worst decision you could ever make.
Pros
Some staff are awesome
Cons
everything else is terrible
March 13, 2018

CPC Behavioral Healthcare is committed to providing a supportive and safe work environment. Please contact the Human Resources Department so that CPC can hear the entirety of your concerns and take the most appropriate action. Please call (732) 935-2240 and speak to our Director of Human Resources, Margaret. Thank you in advance for helping to address your concerns.

Flexible and challenging environment where you can make a difference!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 9, 2017
CPC is a great place to work. It is challenging and can be stressful with a lot of responsibility but my coworkers are great, my supervisor is supportive and I think the organization helps to make a difference in people's lives. Being in healthcare, there are always changes happening but I am proud that my organization is at the forefront of high quality mental health, addiction and special education services in NJ!
Pros
Generous time off benefits, medical insurance with stable premiums, talented and motivated staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPC Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CPC Behavioral Healthcare Reviews by Location