CPI Card Group Employee Reviews

nice place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 9, 2018
Some of the employees talk about every ones business to much but for the most part the rest of the people are great co-workers. fun to work at and compensation is ok.
Pros
over time, nice engaged co-works
Cons
moving up in the company, some people talk about everything.
Great company with a good environment to work.
Cost Analyst / Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 5, 2018
At CPI you can work with peace of mind and it is a good place to work with possibilities to excel within the company.
People have opportunities to get a better position and there is a good environment to work.
Pros
Good environment and comunication.
Productive and fun workplace.
Data Management Technician (DMT) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be prepping incoming data, and covert text file to other text format. Prepping completed folder for production to run on.
Pros
Great company invent, Team Work
Cons
Short breaks, PTO and Vacation
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 16, 2018
Continuous production, supervisor was a good communicator.

Pay was very low, could not sustain cost of living.

Unable to go on a planned trip, though I received good reviews.
Pros
Unforgiving on taking leave
productive and fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NV 89030July 10, 2018
company no longer exist, it was bought out by a similar company, do not recall the name of it. I've been told that the pay is better and so are the benefits
attitudes
Project/Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2018
Management at CPI has the worst attitude I have ever encountered.
Company restructuring has begun and older managers refuse to embrace change, causing client disruption and mass complaints
Cons
no checks and balances
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees.

Not pleased with this company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
I have worked here for only a few months, but I can tell you that it has been awful. They make you come in 5 days a week and if overtime is needed it's mandatory no matter what. We have been working 7 days a week. On top of that the management shows absolutely no concern for you. They don't care that most of their employees have families that they need to see. The management is also very lazy. They are always putting stuff they are supposed to be doing on to other people. They don't take responsibility for their actions and they honestly aren't responsible in their role period. There are no real opportunities to advance my career with this company. Overall this job has been an awful experience. The best part about it is the people I met while working here.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Business at the Nashville site has increased. We have been working higher than normal production hours. We are working diligently to hire additional people at the TN facility to address the increased production demands. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees. We believe that work / life balance is important and will continue to do all that we can in the areas of staffing and pay to help employees balance their outside responsibilities while being rewarded for supporting our customers.

good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2018
long hours of work but it is a nice place to work. I love what I was doing just the hours was too long 5am to 5pm it is easy specially if you have family.
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. CPI Card Group takes these reviews very seriously We value all feedback and continue to find ways to continuously improve. CPI does offer a variety of shifts from 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts so that employees can work a schedule which works best for their life.

Depressing
Production (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2018
This place has to be the worst! The people who work hard are overlooked while the lazy managers and their lazy employees get all the praise . If you don’t kiss someone’s behind or are friends with certain people then beware you’re a target. Human Resource doesn’t care about the employees it’s the managers against the workers basically and let me tell you management are full of liars smh. There is no room for advancement here so don’t even think to take the place seriously. There is no real guidance the managers don’t even know how to do there own jobs and no matter how many surveys we take and they claim to hear us nothing is done about it. This place is filled with a bunch of leads with egos.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time
Cons
Poor management /no advancement
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. CPI Card Group takes these reviews very seriously and reviews our account every week. We value all feedback and continue to find ways to continuously improve. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees.
As mentioned in prior responses, CPI has multiple channels for addressing concerns including direct supervisor, human resources and an anonymous on-line system. Information on accessing the anonymous online system is posted publically at all of our facilities.

July 9, 2018

CPI is committed to creating a collaborative environment. We value all feedback and strive to improve each day. CPI has established multiple channels for addressing concerns including direct supervisor, human resources and an anonymous on-line system. We encourage our employees to use one of these options so that we can further explore these areas of concern and continuously improve. We appreciate you for rating our time off plan as very favorable. We have worked to enhance the benefits to deliver a competitive time off plan for all employees including vacation, personal and floating holidays.

Stressful
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2018
Management is ineffective. Good training is not provided. The morale is poor company wide. There is a lot of favoritism, and workload not distributed fairly.
Pros
Co-workers
Unstable
supervisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 18, 2018
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Lots of micro managaging. Opinions of the operators and staff who do the work are not taken into account. Many people unsure of the stability of the company
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
Management was not really good at doing there job. There was alot of favoritism and at of stuff people shouldnt have been doing there. But now its changed
poor place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 2, 2018
If you are a Machine Operator you are supposed to make the quota for the day and no- one will talk to you that day. They are unprofessional, if the machine breaks down they make it your responsibility to fix it even though you aren't even qualified to operate on those machines. It is a very poor place to work for the amount of work you have to put dosn't pay well either. Management and HR are by far the worst they cover them self instead of fixing the problem. Management is a bit racist too.
Company has good ideas,bad poor management and worker by suppervisor looked as lower person
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colchester,ukApril 22, 2018
The company it self has good ideas,but not all of them fullfiled as its envisioned. Some supervisors shouldnt be working there because they dont respect workers,shout on you some humiliate you because you are immigrant. It should be paid more for such job.
Pros
Free coffee
Es muy bueno
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2018
Es muy buena compañía pero necesito mi trabajo medio tiempo gracias
Pros
Si hay seguro
Poor Management
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2018
There is a lack of communication and management. Certain members of our team are shown favoritism and nothing is done when you complain about it. After completing a company survey and acknowledging that the team supervisor was showing favoritism, nothing was done. If you want a job where you are not recognized for your hard work but the ones that lie and don’t talk to peers get promotions then you can go work for CPI.
If something doesn't look right speak up
Shift Lead & Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 11, 2018
Work is priority. Quality come first , friendly area of work , clean and save place to work , open overtime , flexible scheduled and the pay is good,
Company was good but lost focus
Operations (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 10, 2018
Just a few years ago was a leader in it's market with strong sales and quality. As they experienced the same quality issues other manufacturers experienced going to the new EMV chip, they reduced the quality group and instead hired a ton of HR and Finance people. As leadership became more and more driven by the finance team, they lost support of the quality needs, both formal and in the peoples needs.
Pros
Good middle managers
Cons
Poor top leadership in a dying company
Fair, Solid Work
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Show up on time and do your job and you'll do fine. The best employees enjoy privileges that others do not receive, Poor communication over four different shifts, often expected to know things on weekend shifts that weren't included in e-mails.
Pros
Lots of overtime available, good benefits
Cons
Stressful workday, especially for newbies. You are expected to know your job almost immediately.
Freedom to build the business based on experience.
Director of Card Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
My career has been characterized by introducing new products such as American Express Blue and introducing smart cards into Brazil, and by opening new sites such as the JP Morgan site in Dallas, and the CPI Card Group site in Denver. I specialize in building and training new organizations through training, networking, and industry experience. It has always been gratifying to be able to utilize state of the art equipment to leap frog the competition and to ensure that quality was the focus through training and the utilization of LEAN processes.

At this point in my career, I would like to contribute to growth and maturity in a young organization through the use of my experience and my financial and operational management skills.
Pros
The trust and confidence of the management team.
Cons
Financial constraints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPI Card Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight