CPI Card Group Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 12, 2018
Fast pace production environment. It is a culture that demands excellence and precision in every aspect of the job. Management is very supportive and gives you the room necessary to make good decisions for the business. The hardest part of the job was having to leave it due to my wife's relocation to Phoenix. The people were the funnest part of the job.
Machine Operator,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Ave, Roseville, MNNovember 8, 2018
Hired for 3rd Shift, trained with Temp worker who himself only been on job 2 months, he stated he shadowed a operator 1 day and day 2 he was left to run machine alone, he spend the next few months learning on his own. this guy was not a trainer and after spending a few shifts with him it was clear there were no set training plan, no training records kept or structure.
Mandatory 10hr x 5 days were required and all this location had was 1 vending machine with 6 types of soda pop choices, thats it, you spend 40-50 hrs at a place and not snack selection? no energy drinks? worst breakroom Ive seen.
Actually job is light duty, but machines go down every other minute which leads to frustration for people who are focused to be near perfect.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Clean well lit enviroment.
Cons
Break room, Lack of onboarding and training structure, Lack of experience trainers.
Despite hiring and firing, excellent place to work!
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 7, 2018
I will recommend working with CPI but be careful you could get fire any time and any moment. If you do your best and impress your boss, you might stay longer with the Company.
Pros
Frendly
Cons
No guaranty of firing.
high turn over bad management
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 7, 2018
many temp workers high turnover of regular employees much gossip among employees just look at the job postings for the last year for this company if you are looking to learn or to find inspiration look elsewhere once gift cards go digital this company is done
Pros
some positions pays well
Cons
mindless work no advancement bad management high turnover boring
N/a
Fabricator/Quality (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 19, 2018
I don’t have much to say CPI but they did not allow room for advancement, it was my first job out of high school and I appreciate them opportunity that they made for me.
N/a
Smart card (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 19, 2018
There is not very much I have to state about CPI CARD GROUP. I worked there for about 6 months and it gave me a jump start into manufacturing. For that I’m thankful. It was my first job experience.
Good
Engineering Techician I (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind working on the weekends,
Troubleshoot keyence sensors,
conveyors,
halos machines
nice place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 9, 2018
Some of the employees talk about every ones business to much but for the most part the rest of the people are great co-workers. fun to work at and compensation is ok.
Pros
over time, nice engaged co-works
Cons
moving up in the company, some people talk about everything.
Stressful working environment
Pressman operator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
This company was sold to PLI Marketing solutions and it has been a stressful place to work, but salaries through the years where good enough to make a living in the Las Vegas area.
Pros
good salaries
Cons
stressful environment
Great company with a good environment to work.
Cost Analyst / Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 5, 2018
At CPI you can work with peace of mind and it is a good place to work with possibilities to excel within the company.
People have opportunities to get a better position and there is a good environment to work.
Pros
Good environment and comunication.
Productive and fun workplace.
Data Management Technician (DMT) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be prepping incoming data, and covert text file to other text format. Prepping completed folder for production to run on.
Pros
Great company invent, Team Work
Cons
Short breaks, PTO and Vacation
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 16, 2018
Continuous production, supervisor was a good communicator.

Pay was very low, could not sustain cost of living.

Unable to go on a planned trip, though I received good reviews.
Pros
Unforgiving on taking leave
productive and fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NV 89030July 10, 2018
company no longer exist, it was bought out by a similar company, do not recall the name of it. I've been told that the pay is better and so are the benefits
attitudes
Project/Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2018
Management at CPI has the worst attitude I have ever encountered.
Company restructuring has begun and older managers refuse to embrace change, causing client disruption and mass complaints
Cons
no checks and balances
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees.

Not pleased with this company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
I have worked here for only a few months, but I can tell you that it has been awful. They make you come in 5 days a week and if overtime is needed it's mandatory no matter what. We have been working 7 days a week. On top of that the management shows absolutely no concern for you. They don't care that most of their employees have families that they need to see. The management is also very lazy. They are always putting stuff they are supposed to be doing on to other people. They don't take responsibility for their actions and they honestly aren't responsible in their role period. There are no real opportunities to advance my career with this company. Overall this job has been an awful experience. The best part about it is the people I met while working here.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Business at the Nashville site has increased. We have been working higher than normal production hours. We are working diligently to hire additional people at the TN facility to address the increased production demands. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees. We believe that work / life balance is important and will continue to do all that we can in the areas of staffing and pay to help employees balance their outside responsibilities while being rewarded for supporting our customers.

good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2018
long hours of work but it is a nice place to work. I love what I was doing just the hours was too long 5am to 5pm it is easy specially if you have family.
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. CPI Card Group takes these reviews very seriously We value all feedback and continue to find ways to continuously improve. CPI does offer a variety of shifts from 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts so that employees can work a schedule which works best for their life.

Depressing
Production (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2018
This place has to be the worst! The people who work hard are overlooked while the lazy managers and their lazy employees get all the praise . If you don’t kiss someone’s behind or are friends with certain people then beware you’re a target. Human Resource doesn’t care about the employees it’s the managers against the workers basically and let me tell you management are full of liars smh. There is no room for advancement here so don’t even think to take the place seriously. There is no real guidance the managers don’t even know how to do there own jobs and no matter how many surveys we take and they claim to hear us nothing is done about it. This place is filled with a bunch of leads with egos.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time
Cons
Poor management /no advancement
July 30, 2018

Thank for taking the time to leave your feedback. CPI Card Group takes these reviews very seriously and reviews our account every week. We value all feedback and continue to find ways to continuously improve. We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees.
As mentioned in prior responses, CPI has multiple channels for addressing concerns including direct supervisor, human resources and an anonymous on-line system. Information on accessing the anonymous online system is posted publically at all of our facilities.

July 9, 2018

CPI is committed to creating a collaborative environment. We value all feedback and strive to improve each day. CPI has established multiple channels for addressing concerns including direct supervisor, human resources and an anonymous on-line system. We encourage our employees to use one of these options so that we can further explore these areas of concern and continuously improve. We appreciate you for rating our time off plan as very favorable. We have worked to enhance the benefits to deliver a competitive time off plan for all employees including vacation, personal and floating holidays.

Stressful
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2018
Management is ineffective. Good training is not provided. The morale is poor company wide. There is a lot of favoritism, and workload not distributed fairly.
Pros
Co-workers
Unstable
supervisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 18, 2018
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Lots of micro managaging. Opinions of the operators and staff who do the work are not taken into account. Many people unsure of the stability of the company
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
Management was not really good at doing there job. There was alot of favoritism and at of stuff people shouldnt have been doing there. But now its changed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPI Card Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight