CPI Card Group Employee Reviews

Depressing
Production (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2018
This place has to be the worst! The people who work hard are overlooked while the lazy managers and their lazy employees get all the praise . If you don’t kiss someone’s behind or are friends with certain people then beware you’re a target. Human Resource doesn’t care about the employees it’s the managers against the workers basically and let me tell you management are full of liars smh. There is no room for advancement here so don’t even think to take the place seriously. There is no real guidance the managers don’t even know how to do there own jobs and no matter how many surveys we take and they claim to hear us nothing is done about it. This place is filled with a bunch of leads with egos.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time
Cons
Poor management /no advancement
Stressful
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2018
Management is ineffective. Good training is not provided. The morale is poor company wide. There is a lot of favoritism, and workload not distributed fairly.
Pros
Co-workers
Unstable
supervisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 18, 2018
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Lots of micro managaging. Opinions of the operators and staff who do the work are not taken into account. Many people unsure of the stability of the company
poor place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 2, 2018
If you are a Machine Operator you are supposed to make the quota for the day and no- one will talk to you that day. They are unprofessional, if the machine breaks down they make it your responsibility to fix it even though you aren't even qualified to operate on those machines. It is a very poor place to work for the amount of work you have to put dosn't pay well either. Management and HR are by far the worst they cover them self instead of fixing the problem. Management is a bit racist too.
Company has good ideas,bad poor management and worker by suppervisor looked as lower person
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colchester,ukApril 22, 2018
The company it self has good ideas,but not all of them fullfiled as its envisioned. Some supervisors shouldnt be working there because they dont respect workers,shout on you some humiliate you because you are immigrant. It should be paid more for such job.
Pros
Free coffee
Es muy bueno
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2018
Es muy buena compañía pero necesito mi trabajo medio tiempo gracias
Pros
Si hay seguro
Poor Management
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2018
There is a lack of communication and management. Certain members of our team are shown favoritism and nothing is done when you complain about it. After completing a company survey and acknowledging that the team supervisor was showing favoritism, nothing was done. If you want a job where you are not recognized for your hard work but the ones that lie and don’t talk to peers get promotions then you can go work for CPI.
If something doesn't look right speak up
Shift Lead & Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 11, 2018
Work is priority. Quality come first , friendly area of work , clean and save place to work , open overtime , flexible scheduled and the pay is good,
Company was good but lost focus
Operations (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 10, 2018
Just a few years ago was a leader in it's market with strong sales and quality. As they experienced the same quality issues other manufacturers experienced going to the new EMV chip, they reduced the quality group and instead hired a ton of HR and Finance people. As leadership became more and more driven by the finance team, they lost support of the quality needs, both formal and in the peoples needs.
Pros
Good middle managers
Cons
Poor top leadership in a dying company
Fair, Solid Work
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Show up on time and do your job and you'll do fine. The best employees enjoy privileges that others do not receive, Poor communication over four different shifts, often expected to know things on weekend shifts that weren't included in e-mails.
Pros
Lots of overtime available, good benefits
Cons
Stressful workday, especially for newbies. You are expected to know your job almost immediately.

Want to know more about CPI Card Group?

Ask a question
Freedom to build the business based on experience.
Director of Card Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
My career has been characterized by introducing new products such as American Express Blue and introducing smart cards into Brazil, and by opening new sites such as the JP Morgan site in Dallas, and the CPI Card Group site in Denver. I specialize in building and training new organizations through training, networking, and industry experience. It has always been gratifying to be able to utilize state of the art equipment to leap frog the competition and to ensure that quality was the focus through training and the utilization of LEAN processes.

At this point in my career, I would like to contribute to growth and maturity in a young organization through the use of my experience and my financial and operational management skills.
Pros
The trust and confidence of the management team.
Cons
Financial constraints
great people
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 5, 2018
always work to be done
I learned a lot about specifications, requirements, and International Standards
staff/management was very knowledgeable
the people were hard workers I enjoyed spending time with them
Pros
the annual company picnic were fun
Cons
the nepotism within the company
stressed
Implementations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2018
The overall job is stressful. You have many clients that you have to deal with a lot of deadlines to meet. Heaven forbid if you are running behind. The Implementations supervisor is rude and just down right hateful. And plays favorites with certain co workers. Hard work and dedication mean nothing here. Make a mistake and your let go. little to no team work and the moral is terrible. Everyone looks like they hate coming in to the office. if I were you I would stay as far away as I could from this place its not worth the drama or stress.
Pros
Weekends off, good benefits
Cons
Drama and stress
Friendly work place
Manager Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2018
Very competitive work, well compensated good benefits. Travel required,
Sometimes stressful to meet production deadlines.
Good vacation time yearly.
Good hours Saturday sometimes required.

Needs to improve on manufacturing processes, such as Lean Manufacturing, Process Improvement.
Pros
Travel to customers.
Cons
No yearly increase
I enjoyed what I did
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 15, 2017
The people there are wonderful to work with! Although there was a lack of communication between management and production workers, I did learn a lot in my line of work from there, so I can't complain about that. :)
Pros
Great people
Cons
No job security
N/A - if you like this type of job it may be for you.
Uv Operator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 6, 2017
Not much I want to say about this company. Everyone has there own opinion. Mine is just long hours and the way you are treated is different for me. Some may like it.
Pros
Okay place to work
Cons
no vacation really given.
It was a nice atmosphere.
Accounting Clerk (Contract role) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunities received, but the assignment lacked communication to co-workers. I worked and had appts. They were very flexible with my schedule.
productive and fun
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 12, 2017
friendly coworkers, opportunity to learn a new thing, management was good and accepted who I am. had incentive often, human resources people, they are good in solve the problems.
Pros
Learned a new thing
Cons
distance
Fun work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2017
Management not god at all, no wonder the closed down. and got bought out. other than that everyone there was great worker wise. hours where great lots of overtime.
Pros
Cons
management sucked
fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2017
I have worked for Cpi group for 2 years CPI is a great company to work for with strong values and i would recommend CPi to anyone interested in finding challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPI Card Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight