CPR Cell Phone Repair Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Learning Environment, but no advancement
Assistant Manager / Head Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 6, 2018
Loved my time at this job. I learned so many things about electronics. Turkey Creek was a great location for the best customers as well. The owners also teaches selling techniques.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Lunch breaks while working
Decent
Technician (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 4, 2018
Got paid off in October than got bought out by genius phone repair. But it's a nice place, you get to work on phones and do sales, before we got bought out CPR wasn't too involved, and now they still haven't sent us our w2s
Failing industry
District Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2018
This is a failing industry that no one is succeeding in. I would fear for job security. It is a fun job with a lot of cool people. Unfortunately carriers are repairing devices or offering easier, and cheaper solutions. Hours are gravy. No benefits. Most stores are privately owned franchises with little or no room for growth.
Pros
Easy hours, Easy job
Cons
No growth, No benefits, No margins so raises are minimal
Being a Cellphone Technician
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Working at CPR Cellphone Repair is fun. The Staff is small so it become tight knit and everyone has each others back. Everyone is friendly and easy going to work with.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no healthcare
Working with CPR
IT Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Everything seemed great, however, the pay in comparison to other repair shops does not match. Way underpaid techs that are very smart and deserve to be getting paid at least 14 dollars an HR.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 19, 2018
I really enjoy doing this job. I have acquired new skills and enjoy actually seeing the progress of my work. Unfortunately, with CPR being a small company, pay is less than I expected and has not improved much.
Poor training, fast paced, feel expendable
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 18, 2018
According to who owns your store, you could have a decent experience working here. 2/3 times I worked here, I felt underappreciated, like no interest was taken in furthering my abilities, and once I was replaced almost immediately by someone making $1 less an hour than I was. Stressful, fast paced days, split up by slow, nonproductive days. They depend on you to develop and hone your skills entirely on your own, offer you in my opinion very little pay for the level of effort and expertise they require.
Pros
Some owners of this franchise care about their employees and invest in them.
Cons
Some really really don't.
Technology based repair business
Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2017
Great business to work for, however slow growth potential. No room for advancement. Management will acomodate time off request wherever possible. There are no holiday pay or paid time off at this company.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Casual Atire, Great Management
Cons
Lack of competitive pay, no health care, no paid time off
Skilled Technicians
Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 10, 2017
The customer service is perfectly acceptable, the prices are reasonable, and the work performed is both fast and well done. I have had no issues with repairs.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Manager/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOSeptember 8, 2017
Typically day includes talking from anywhere to 20-60 Patrons, working on upwards of twenty electronic devices and diagnosing there problems. Managing the entire budget for the day and each month. The best part of the job is working with new cutting edge technology and being able to diagnose new problems no one has come across before. However you are working on peoples personal devices, so it can be stressfull
No advancement
Technician, sales, and service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
NO room for advancement, no benefits whatsoever. Great atmosphere and great owner, but at my location I have experienced high turnover in under a year.
Pros
Work directly with technology
Cons
No benefits, understaffed, poor communication
Decent work, trash management
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Poulsbo, WAAugust 17, 2017
The work itself is straightforward and non labor intensive but the management is completely incompetent. The owners and manager have absolutely no background in the field and despite high expectations of getting a job right the first time, the management has no idea what they are doing in the tech world. For example I suggested a functional solution to a problem only to be overridden by a clueless manager who took no responsibility for his poorly thought out plan destroying a customers phone even though I explained and was ready to implement a better and safer alternative.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Tight-pursed, out of their element management
Very fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at CPR as well as the people top best job I ever had! Had and awesome manager and and two amazing co-workers and also the location was great you had everything you needed close and near by.
Pros
Free lunch Saturdays!!
Cons
None really.
Great people and a fun place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2017
People there are fun to work with and there is a relaxed atmosphere, however be ready to learn as there is an expectation to be up to date with the repair process of modern phones.
Fun enviorment good people.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 25, 2017
Great place and great people. if you don't know something they will help you and teach you right. The owner is awesome and has lots of respect for her employees and the customer. Anyone can learn how to treat customers from her she is the best. The manager will keep you busy and can teach you anything you want to know. She is great.
Pros
Great people great enviorment well balanced place of work.
Cons
you might have to work weekends but it is well worth it.
Great boss. Not so great compensation.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2017
Had an awesome time learning to repair devices and how to manage a repair shop. Worked under a great franchise owner and was able to learn a lot but the drawback of working under a small business owner was the compensation package.
great first job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78681February 4, 2017
great mangement, good first time job, flexable hours as i was still in high school upon starting this job. only paid minimum wage, but wasnt really an issue at the time seeing i was still in high school. was let go due to budget cuts however still in contact with everyone there and still go there for all my cellphone repair needs
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimum wage
fun productive learning experience
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 24, 2017
this job is great for individuals who are well versed in repairs and
refurbishing cell phones and electronics. 90% of the job is repairing
cell phones, tablets, gaming systems and more the rest is
working the cash register and customer service.
Pros
the job itself is its own reward.
Cons
a job would bounce from tech to tech before it could be repaired correctly
Relaxing place to work
Head Technician (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day can include anything from handling customers and taking phone calls to repairing between 15 and 45 devices within an 8-10 day along with cleaning and ensuring that everything is in place.
Worst company to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 22, 2017
If you want to to work for 2 weeks then get fired this is the place to go
I was working and they called me on a Sunday afternoon and fired me because I wasn't working fast enough but I was in a cast from foot surgery