Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cracker Barrel selected this as a representative review
Fun take on southern cooking with a friendly staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAApril 25, 2018
This job really taught me about discipline and the importance of planning. A typical day at work involves following the set principles to ensure that every guest is pleased. It just so happens that the environment also provides the staff an enjoyable place to work. All parts of the kitchen get a long which is important to communicate efficiently.
Bad work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 24, 2018
It is a very cut throat business. They don’t appreciate their employees. The managers are very rude and only think about theirs elves. I would never work at another Cracker Barrel again
Quick paced, teamwork heavy
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2018
serving here gives great opportunity to gain experience in customer service as well as time management. i’d say it is a good place to learn how to be a server if you’ve never served before.
Pros
50% off employee meals whilst clocked in
Cons
hectic sundays
Terrible place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 23, 2018
Terrible place to work treated terribly don’t get any hours they do not understand family emergencies had to fight for time off when my child was born
This company only cares about their managers!
Server (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 23, 2018
If you have a problem, don't count on a manager here to care. Instead of giving you the hours you need to do your job, they cut hours, overwork you, ignore your issues and just don't care all in the name of greed. Their bonuses are the only thing that matter. You are not allowed to leave the building, have to have your coat searched, wear clear purses and frankly it feels like working in a prison cafeteria. The Managers are highly overpaid and lazy. If you don't want to work, just come to this company and be a manager!
Cons
your lucky if you get a break at this company!
Fun place to work, great people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALMay 23, 2018
Very fun and easy place to work. Gets busy like any other restaurants. Has paid vacation after a year and the paid leave increases with years worked. Great for a first service position.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Busy on holidays, required to work Thanksgiving.
Fun work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 23, 2018
Good place to work, fun people. I would recommend this workplace to others. Hours were good and I had fun interacting with guests. 2 thumbs up!! Good management.
Crackerbarrel
Three-Star Server (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 23, 2018
Wikipedia is a live collaboration differing from paper-based reference sources in important ways. Unlike printed encyclopedias, Wikipedia is continually created and updated, with articles on historic events appearing within minutes, rather than months or years. Because everybody can help improve it, Wikipedia has become more comprehensive than any other encyclopedia. In addition to quantity, its contributors work on improving quality as well.
Fast-Paced Job but overall enjoyable.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
Working at Cracker Barrel was a beneficial experience in that it taught me a great deal about the fast-paced food service industry and customer service. I would recommend this job to someone looking to make some quick cash who doesn't mind a fast environment.
Pros
Good pay, Good co-workers, Good Management
Cons
Stressful, Fast-Paced
never want to work there again
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MSMay 23, 2018
I took the job to get me thru a time that i didnt have any income at all. It got me thru that difficult time and i am grateful for that. I do not forsee myself going back to that work environment.
I absolutely loved this job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 23, 2018
I would still work at Cracker Barrel if they had one near me. I absolutely loved this job like no other. The opportunity for advancement is there and it is so awesome. I could go on all day with good things about this job.
It is a good work place just under paid
Cracker Barrel cook (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 23, 2018
Good work place with good people just under paid. I would recommend a high school student or college student that doesn’t have tons of bills to work there. But if you plan on living on your own it will not pay enough
Fun atmosphere with a great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 23, 2018
I loved working at Cracker Barrel, even if it was only for six months. The staff was always willing to help and offer a laugh when a customer wasn't the most fun to deal with. All three of our managers were great, and were willing to give advice when needed, but allow for space to grow. The people were my favorite, I couldn't have survived without them, and their welcoming arms.
Pros
great staff, family friendly environment
Cons
short breaks, lots of outside work other than job required
loved working there
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 23, 2018
lots of employees so you always had help, i loved the people i worked with, great management, always had breaks, the atmosphere was always nice there.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Cons
minimum wasge
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 22, 2018
A great place to work. Slower paced than most restaurant chains. Not as many standards as other chains, but still very efficient. Many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Slow paced
Fastpaced but no one listens.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALMay 22, 2018
Personally, I expected Cracker Barrel as a top of the line family restaurant. I felt like I was going to be part of something greater. But, as a dishwasher the job is not only overwhelming, its abhorrent. I have to deal with servers who not only stack the dishes in a way where we can have more in the tub, but some never put their trash or silverware in tje proper bins (as part of their job description). They never listen to management or the rest of the dishwasher team, and have left broken plates and glasses in the tubs. The management always excuses servers because its "busy" and mistakes "happen", but I'm not allowed to make the job easier on myself? Furthermore, the most people we have on any 1 time is 3 people, which on some days is understaffed. My hiring manager never pointed out if I was working fulltime or parttime, but noone who works here as a dishwasher ever makes more than 36 hours, average is 30. So...in all I am extremely disappointed in the way this place is managed.
Pros
Discount meal
Cons
Poor Management, Oblivious Servers, Overwhelming
Good family restaurant and great home cooking food.
Server (Former Employee) –  Powdersville, SCMay 22, 2018
A great restaurtant for customers but not for employees. The tips are marginal at best, but if you are a good server there can be money made just like anywhere.
Cracker Barrel review
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSMay 22, 2018
My experience with Cracker Barrel was a lot to be desired. Since I left, management has changed at least 8-10 times. It was lucrative especially on Sundays, but I feel that everyone needs to work in the restaurant industry to better their people skills.
Great Company, Bad Location: Greenwood SC
Cashier/Cook/Prep/Night Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 22, 2018
I know for a fact by trying to get into management that its in the top 15 worst stores in the company. The General Manager could care less about you which henders all job advancement. The managers are hit and miss. Cracker Barrel itself is ran really well and has some of the best food waste mechanics available in the restaraunt business even with a high given "allowable" waste yield.
Pros
Good food, flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, no room for advancement
working art cracker barrel
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2018
It was good at first but after couple months everything went downhill. i made a a lot of friends but as a hostess you get blamed for everything, the servers don't help
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks
Face paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2018
Face paced and organized highly sanitary neat clean and kind people no good enough hours for me got two kids and I need full time at least 8 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight