Cracker Barrel
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Cracker Barrel:

Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA37 reviews
Love working here and all my fellow coworkers. Its rare to find managers who actually care for their staff but at CB they do. However, we were always so short staffed which required us to do a huge amount of work in the small shifts we were giving which made our pay seem less than what we should've been getting for the amount of work being put in. Other than that, amazing company to work for!
The staff is amazing. The company is very dishonest. They care only about the bottom line. The welfare and well being of their employees and managers are never a factor. Very shady General Managers and district managers. General manager will black ball you if you do not agree with her. She only provides shifts to employees she likes. Takes away from servers (money and other items).. Stay away!
Management is horrible here!!! I was asked multiple times to clock out and keep working by a specific manager but all the managers knew it was happening. As a minor they would not give you breaks so they would schedule you for 4 hour shifts because you can only work 5 hours without getting a break as a minor. But you do not stop getting served tables till you shift was over. So you technically have a mother hour or so of work to do. Which is when I was asked multiple times to clock out so they wouldn’t get fined for me working over 5 hours. All in all do not work here unless you 18 or over. Which you don’t get a break unless you’ve worked 8 hours.
A typical day at work consists of attending to the customers and their orders, and anything that they would like with their meals. I learned to multitask and handle stress, at times it can be a stressful environment. Sometimes the toughest thing about the job is when the food takes some time to cook. The most enjoyable part is finding your groove in the work and satisfying the client.
It was a good community with the workers, but dishwashing was not a fun job. The managers didn’t let me take off the time I needed for football and school and later let me go because I missed, even though I told them I would.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A day at work can be very fast or very very slow you need it to be fast if you can manage the rush because that's the only way you making your money.
What I learned is that you need to be fast but also smooth with the guest and understanding.

Hardest part of the job is the getting to know how everything works and dealing wth people
Know the foods, if you have any questions ask you manager, follow instructions, smile, don’t be afraid, your first day won’t be bad unless you make it bad
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Decent serving job. Be prepared to work every holiday besides Christmas day. Long hours on Sunday especially as well. Takes a toll on your body, not the best job for anyone with back or joint pain.
Pros
discount on meals
This was my first serving job, and I think I had a good experience.There is typically "drama"in most of these environments but I found it for the most part "Drama Free". People where nice to work with, and customers are also friendly. I recommend this job to others looking for a serving job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
hard work, being on your feet alot
It's a hard job, but if you show that you care about it, and are willing to put in the work ethic, management will express gratitude. They have a promotional system, however it does not feel like it is taken seriously by co-workers, nor management.
I worked there for six months and for the first three months everything was going good but the last three months I was in getting paid much and I wasn’t given enough hours even asking repeatedly if I can be able to work more in they Just ignored my wishes
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Opportunities and discounts based on job rankings
Have to seat customers to seats , wherever they want . Give our menu and silverwear . Servers request a lot of customers so it becomes a lot sometimes cause you can’t seat to many customers to one section.
Cracker Barrel pays low and does not make up for it with any decent discounts or incentives. The work pace is fast and you have to run your own food and drink, take orders, and do clean up jobs as well as roll silverware after your shift; keeping you there at least an hour after your shift if not longer. Most customers tipped poorly and there was no way to make up for it, because the restaurant was constantly overstaffed giving one server two tables or three (if they're lucky) . Managers were nice but it was a bit chaotic and many managers change in short time periods. The managers rarely have time for you seeing as how they have to try to deal with the customers who are unhappy at the servers who understandably cant always get to them when there is 30 other things to do at any given time. I would not recommend working here if you want good pay and a good work environment with ample room for advancement.
I don' t have a lot to say about working at Cracker Barrel, mostly because I worked about 5 hours a week during the summer. It probably would have been fine if I worked more and got to know the staff a little better.
Pros
Manageable job
Cons
Not a lot of hours worked
Official response from Cracker Barrel
February 23, 2018
Thanks for leaving a review. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.
table touch with every guest, some what a lace of family life which was not expected could have changed focus on guest needs leave that wow feeling to every on you incounter
Other than the people that I met while working at Cracker Barrel, I did not really enjoy working there. Most of the management was decent. My direct manager was great.
Official response from Cracker Barrel
January 8, 2018
We're sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience. We would love to hear more from you regarding ways we can improve. Please reach out to the Field HR team or the Employee Relations team.
I’ve pretty much had a good work experience with working with Cracker Barrel. You have a lot of room to grow within the company. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends and family.
I love the people that I work with. All ages can work here. Cracker Barrel really taught me my communication skills, being very attentive towards not only my guess needs but my coworkers as well. When i say team work I mean team work from the retail store to the host, severs, grill cook, prep, back up to management ! I do love this place. I do recommend Cracker barrel for all ages as well as those that have never worked before great place to start. I could keep going but you just have to find out for your self!
Pros
Discounts depending on how long you have been there, 50% employee meals(always do contest so a lot is free), great atmosphere, very flexible with the schedule
Cons
Can get real crazy when busy, not everyone is a happy camper( comes with any job), servers hourly only get 2.15 tips are great !
Nowhere else do you see a company strive for excellence more then at Cracker Barrel. It is evident through their training, service, and employees. From the friendly hosts that are there to greet guests with a smile every time. To the quick and diligent servers, and the folks in retail. Everyone works together to make sure the guests are comfortable and satisfied when they leave. In the hosts position its their job to make sure the guests feel welcome, are seated as quickly as possible, and are happy with the service. The managers are always moving from the kitchen to the dining room to the store, making sure all the employees are pleasant and the guests are pleased. The country theme definitely attracts people from all lifestyles, languages, and customs. The food, music, decorations, and even the people demonstrate the best of American society.
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible work schedule
Cons
uniform
good place to work love it and good people there moved to a new place and they give you good hours to work nice people that a nice food and hard workers
At first, I enjoyed Cracker Barrel a lot but then the management started declining. I would ask for time off many days in advance but still be scheduled. This happened to a lot of my coworkers as well.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Long shifts even when you're not scheduled to work all day. They'll keep you there for awhile.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight