Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

42.3K
31.8K
Found 7,336 reviews matching the search See all 7,345 reviews
Featured review
Cracker Barrel selected this as a representative review
Cracker Barrel
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 18, 2018
Cracker Barrel has provided an excellent part time position that pays well and provides good benefits for a part time position . Also very flexible hours and work schedule for students and were willing to transfer me around Texas. If you are a good employee that is willing to work they will work with you and your schedule.
Pros
flexible hours and employee discounts. Good workplace culture.
Cons
few breaks and sometimes limited hours.
Busy Fast-paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 24, 2018
very fast paced and high demand
no brakes or benefits
no room for advancement or upward movement
poor compensation
overall poor pay depending on location
old fashioned but fun!
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2018
Its a little old fashioned considering the genre of people the service industry tends to attract but they manage to pull it off well! all around fun place to work
Good Morning Job.
Kitchen/Front Staff (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I would recommend working at Cracker Barrel if you had the morning breakfast shift that's when they do about ninety percent of their business. But it's a decent place.
Not worth it
Server (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALSeptember 24, 2018
While cracker barrel paid the bills, working there was miserable. Management was bias and favored certain employees, they did NOT follow Alabama state laws regarding breaks.
busy store, good money
Closing Server/ Togo Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Very busy location, you will make good (serving) money if you are a team player and do your job. Management is about what you expect from most restaurants, everyone is trying their best.
Pros
50% employee meals
Cons
Saturday and Sunday morning shifts are a NIGHTMARE.
Fast paced
Host (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLSeptember 24, 2018
• Greeted customers with a friendly smile and communicated with servers to get the seated in a timely manner
• Worked the cash register in the gift shop when there was a lack of coverage
• Worked side by side with expo manager to make sure all sections were covered and guests were being attended.
• Answered phone calls and booked big party reservations to prevent congestion in the front of the restaurant
• Promoted promptly to lead the host team and conducted small team meeting to enhance communication between servers and hosts
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
short breaks
I would just love to be apart of the barrel family.
Cook/Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 24, 2018
I really need this job cause I really never worked at a place of business before so I'm really trying to work on that so that i can be come better at it.
Pros
idm
Cons
idm
Fast pace, team oriented
Waitress/Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Very fast pace and busy work place. Lots of money to be made if you are willing to put in the work, always music playing, over all great work place. Very friendly staff and management
Very faced paced with little organization and high demands
Restaraunt associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 23, 2018
The place was fun to work at because of the people. Management cares only about how they can get there hands on that bonus, even if it means working there people to death. They expected waaay too much out of me due to the fact that they knew I would get in and get stuff done no matter where I worked. I was strongly take. Advantage of. We seemed like we would be understaffed forever so that’s when I decided to leave
Pros
Discounts. Half off meals on shift
Cons
Short breaks, high work load, busy peak points
A cult or something
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lavonia GASeptember 23, 2018
Whole family loves CB so a brand new one opened up close by so I start working in the retail side & I haven't been able to eat at CB since quitting! Company has a "RED SHIRT TEAM" that travels goes to every new store opening & trains everyone for months! The word customers is not allowed it is GUESTS if your heard saying it they make u turn in a circle 3 times! They have crazy chants/songs. Have open menu counts every 2 mins! Still owed money from work. Your told one thing but mgmt does another. When they go to the bank they say going to grandmas lol.. in retail u have hourly sales & if u don't make it mgmt starts sending people home. U have to sell $300-$1000 every hour! & ive saw it done then the retail mgr gets a fat gift card for making projections. Mgmt literally yells at u through walkie talkys LOOKING FOR $400 in30 MINS!.. that red shirt team is insane literally. K I'm done lol
Pros
Cons
Everything (see above)
stressful environment, poor management.
Retail server host togo dish prep backup cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 22, 2018
High potential, they offer a 1week paid vacation after 1 year of employment, several benefits including discounts in store, movie and theme park passes, car rental discounts, and more. However the atmosphere is terrible, and management is uncaring and typically unavailable.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Great Management
Cracker Barrel Host (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 22, 2018
Great management and overall place to work at. I would have stayed if I didn't live so far away and was in college. The servers were rude at times but that is made aware when you get the job.
Pros
Management, Room for advancement
Cons
Pay is too low
fun, fast paced, maange a lot of employees.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 22, 2018
very fast paced and demanding restaurant a challenge for sure. you do put in lot of hours but it goes by fast on a daily basis you will find yourself working from the dining room to the kitchen,cooking,baking and helping out in all areas of the restaurant.
Great team
Cook (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 21, 2018
I think this is a great place to work at just wished they paid more money and gives you more hours great people to work with and a great management team
Quickly while smiling
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 20, 2018
This was a very fast paced job, and it required synchronicity of the whole team to make sure we accomplished each task. I worked closely with the servers to make sure that everyone was seated in the most efficient and fair manner possible.
Pros
Free meal
fun work enviroment
Host (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
awesome had a great experience love the way operation is ran enjoy staff and the upper management. wouldn't mind working another cracker barrel again awesome place to eat and work!
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
short breaks
work work work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day consisted of cooking, cleaning and prepping food for the next day. I learned to not rely on the managers at all. I would never see them unless we ran out of food for the customers or they needed me to do someone else work. The work place was very demanding and stressful because not only did you have to make sure you had enough food for your shift but you also had to do the next shifts work otherwise you would come into no prep the next day.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No breaks and the managers did not help
Job description
Grill Cook Trainer, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 20, 2018
Cracker Barrel is a very flexible place to work if you have a limited availability. Its labor oriented. There is quite a bit of favoritism involved when schedules are made or making cuts to manage labor. They use the phrase "Aces in their places" however that is not always the case.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too many to mention.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, PASeptember 20, 2018
I love working for cracker barrel it's very family oriented, a lot of team work it's very satisfying working for the company. Benefits all depend on the hours you put full time hours are available
cracker barrel
Back of the house cook all positions (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 20, 2018
i dont think this is relevent to trying to find a job, the job was miserable to strick not fun at all, management was lacking never involved and sometimes to much work for one oerson

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight