Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

Found 8,825 reviews matching the search See all 8,839 reviews
Featured review
Cracker Barrel selected this as a representative review
Cracker barrel is a blast!!!!!
Cracker Barrel Server (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILNovember 5, 2018
Its a nice place to work shifts are short. Customers are nice. There is a lot of teamwork that fosters a fun work environment.Management treats employees fair and honest.
Crackerbarrel
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2019
Crackerbarrel, you make great tips, even on slow days if your a great server you'll still make great tips. I'm not sure about all the other locations, but there was poor management at the Craig and Losee location, don't let that be the reason to not apply & get a job there though, they don't pay enough attention for you to move up, it takes forever.
Apply anywhere but here
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 23, 2019
I worked at the Lakeville MN location for 3 months. Very fast paced in a scorching hot room that’s so small it’s practically a tin can, management rarely cares for any issues you have, they’ll call you so much it’s practically harassment, they’ll change your entire week schedule by the hour (you are never up-to-date with when you work it’s always changing depending on the managers on shift), they’ll drop food on the floor and pick it back up like nothing happened, etc. just an overall hellish place to work. Sure you get paid around 11.50 starting- which raises by .25 for every par you go up, but it is NOT worth the wages I can tell you that. As a dishwasher you are constantly burning your hands on plates/dishes in general, to the point I needed to go to my doctor. received my fair share of chemical splashes in my eyes and burns on my skin, and you’re treated like garbage by practically every server that comes back and throws plates at you or complains and says they need something that you don’t have nor can help them with. Towards the end of my job here I was then told I needed to “replace the drink fountain dispensers” which was not in my application nor disclosed to me during my first 2 months working here. I quit because they kept scheduling me in the mornings when I specifically stated I CANNOT do morning shifts. They don’t listen to you and then reprimand you for their own ignorance. When I came in to get my last check the manager acted like I was a criminal and quote on quote said to me “excuse me you don’t work here get out”.
Would never recommend this place to anyone.
Great coworkers and wonderful guests.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 23, 2019
At times you could become overwhelmed with projects but once you know what to do its doesn't take you more than a hour or two. You get good hours and they work around your school or other job schedules.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice coworkers, pleasant work environment
Cons
Lose hours when students are on break, short breaks, poor benefits.
Eh
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 22, 2019
It’s a decent job at first til you grow tired of the same setting everyday for the retail position. It’s easy to move up in the company by taking test to get more stars on apron. Get paid weekly and I believe full timer employees receive many benefits
Great first time job!!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 22, 2019
I loved this job just because I got to meet new people every-day. I love to see the regulars come in and talk to you!! Co- workers are friendly and show a lot of teamwork!!!
Fun and easy place to work, nice people to work with.
Host/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 22, 2019
Fun and easy place to work, nice people to work with, and good customer service. Great communication skills, and you gotta make sure you put people at the right table.
I like it
Cook/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2019
I would recommend this to anyone who wanted a better way to living and working. It changed my life and I mean that, with the promotion and traveling it really pushes me forward
average work place
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 22, 2019
Very strict but a fulfilling job for temporary. Kitchen was small. Its a fast place environment. It is always very busy all hours of the day. No breaks or smoke breaks aloud for part-time workers.
Pros
discount food
Cons
fast pace environment not enough hours
Very poor and uncooperative management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYJune 22, 2019
The managers there treat their employees like they don’t matter. The managers don’t like to cooperate with school events and family matters. I definitely would never suggest working at Cracker Barrel to anyone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Good for students and people only supporting themselves
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 22, 2019
The work environment at Cracker Barrel is extremely high paced. You are almost constantly moving and always on your feet. Management is hit and miss. Some will help when things get tense, others don't care and let you drown. All employees are just numbers and warm bodies. Managements only cares about their bottom line. Don't expect sympathy or care beyond general courtesy. Be careful about volunteering to work a shift on a different position. Each position pays differently but they won't mention that. Moving from grill to prep was a loss of $3/Hour. Coworkers are generally caring and laid back. At the location I worked at as long as you didn't insult other employees or customers you were free to do and say whatever. Decent enough for college students or a summer job.
Pros
Rare occasions of free food, Half priced meals, Discount in retail
Cons
Breaks aren't guaranteed even if scheduled, Inconsistent management, Extremely high stress on all positions
Cracker Barrel is overrated and don’t know how they have been around as long as they have , especially in Montgomery Alabama
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 22, 2019
Upper Management in the district ranks was very poor - they use their employees and get rid of them without a blink of an eye - So the ones who give it their all are left hanging . Don’t plan to be a long term employee there at any of their restaurants that they consider broken !!!!!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Awful environment, long hours, poor work conditions
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 21, 2019
Fun place to work, managers are great, easy money. Days can get crazy but as a team we get through them with no problems everyone leaves with great $$
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 21, 2019
It is pretty slow during the week. On weekends it is high paced with rude people every where. The retail manager is the best thing about the job other than that it is just average. Do not give many hours so you can not make much money
It was pretty fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 21, 2019
It was fine working there, my coworkers were friendly, but the retail manager caused many problems for all of the staff, not just the retail side. She was rude to her employees, sometimes in front of guests.
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJune 21, 2019
Cracker Barrel give you good hours , good people good work environment. I just need more money. Some days are slower than others. But other than that it’s good.
It was okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2019
Cracker Barrel wasn’t the worst but it wasn’t the best in terms of management but that could’ve been the one i worked at. They do pay fairly and I would work there again if needed
Productive and fun workplace.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the people I met. I was frustrated at times with the management bc they seemed to be poorly organized. I also didn't like that the majority of my co workers were anywhere from 16 to 19 yrs old. Cracker Barrel as a whole is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor organization
Bad management
Server (Current Employee) –  Cadiz, KYJune 21, 2019
I enjoy working here but the management SUCKS. Unorganized and rude. They don’t make you feel appreciated as an employee. They gave new hires all of the hours this week. The general manager is good and one of the assistants but the other two think they’re above everyone and that they run everything also the servers that have been there for a while treat you like you’re stupid.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Bad management.
Fast paced company with genuine concern for guest satisfaction
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 21, 2019
Financially strong company. Lots of moving parts and challenging because it is a store attached to a restaurant. Never a lack of traffic coming into your store as compared to the mall.
Teamwork and facepaced job
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJune 21, 2019
It's really a great place to work at if you enjoy a business where teamwork is a major factor, you will be treated like family and will also get chances to get more money by ranking up to other positions. For example, food prep, chef, assistant manager, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.7K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight