Cradle Beach Camp Employee Reviews

Best Summer Nursing Experience Ever
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYAugust 27, 2018
As an RN, I did not know what I was in for when I accepted a role as a residential nurse at this camp. I did three sessions of ten days each with one full 24 hour period where I could physically leave camp. I was paid a great wage considering I was working on the lake with a gorgeous view in a fun atmosphere and that I had three other nurses assigned to each session with me. Food and housing are included in the salary. Yes, it can be stressful at times, but working with these kids is just such a fantastic experience it is worth any hassle -- and there are hassles everywhere you work.
I highly recommend this experience if you are considering working at a camp and/or you have a passion for special needs kids. You will not regret it.
Pros
Good food, supported by management, several nurses working at once, the physical location, pay is good for a camp job
Cons
Being away from home for ten days straight, the culture takes some getting used to
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 16, 2018
Very stressful and very demanding work wise for little pay . Would not recommend this to someone for a summer job. The management is very poorly run and very unorganized. They treat your like a 2 year old and have little to no manners towards you .Isn't worth the hassle or the stress.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
Management, pay
Okay for Extra Money
RESPITE WEEKEND COOK (Former Employee) –  Angola, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Easy work, but random scheduling. Simple meals like grilled cheese, cut vegetables and soup. Start early and then go home after lunch clean up. Not real bad, but not steady.
Nice place to work
Young Staff (Former Employee) –  Angola, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Typical day was varied and never boring. Working with the campers was fun, and my superiors were great to work for. Working in a camp-like setting made this job even better.
A very fun and rewarding place to work for the summer
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYAugust 25, 2013
Work with kids, ages ranging from 8-16 for a 10 day session (5 sessions a summer). The job, though is low pay, is very rewarding and fulfilling. I dare you to find a better place to spend your summer. The co-workers are the greatest, some of the best people you will ever find.
Pros
The kids, the people, the overall experience
Cons
low pay, low time off
Pleasant place to work
Office Assistant and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYOctober 14, 2015
I like working here because my co-workers are friendly and helpful. I also get to see how we help the developmentally handicapped children and their families.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
it's only part time
Nice place to work
Office Assistant and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYOctober 15, 2015
A very nice place to work. I am helping children who are developmentally/physically handicapped. Working here is very rewarding for me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
it's only part time
Productive and fun work place
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYMarch 1, 2014
Great Company to be a part of!
Wonderful co-workers
Hardest part is saying good-bye to the kids after 10 days.
Most enjoyable: allowing children's spirits to soar.