Crane Currency

Crane Currency Employee Reviews

It used to be great
Everyone would band together to solve problems, everyone cared about the product going out the door and did their best. New ownership destroyed the positive problem-solving culture and now people can't wait to punch out and go home.
Declining Since Crane Co Acquisition
Crane Currency has been declining over the past couple of years since Crane Co bought the business. Forced time off, 2019 layoffs, no profit sharing, significant talent leaving including the company president, declining medical benefits and major lack of concern from remaining upper leadership to reassure associates. What used to be an exciting top notch company is now corporate survivor by the numbers.

sense
Pros
Skilled production staff, modern facility
Cons
Benefit cuts, talent leaving in high numbers, now a very cold corporate atmosphere
Good pay
Great paying job. You’re able to work lots of overtime and the starting pay is very admirable. Usually you can get up to your pay grade in a short amount of time.
Relaxed and friendly work environment.
The people are exalt to work with, I rarely felt rushed or pressured while we produced. However there are few truths in the company that are set in stone, work hours can change almost over night, the strict guidelines for employment can lead to confusion, but it is more the fault of the system than any person.
Good job - Poor benefits
I liked the HR Dir., but he left the company earlier this year. People are great at Crane and very helpful. Local management is good too, but the parent company is not that good. Benefits are terrible!!!! I mean really bad.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good Team
Some benefits and culture changes after the buyout, but the people are still great.

Strong financial focus since the corporate buyout. Very numbers focused.
IT management team is great to work for.
IT management team is great to work for. They treat their team members very fairly. There is a genuine appreciation for the work performed. It is a very welcoming environment.
Decent Company
At first Crane was a great place to work but management changes and ultimately a corporate acquisition really hurt the environment. Benefits went into the toilet and Crane Co. like to berate you with the Ethics statement when it reality all the really care about are shareholders.
Overall a good company
Overall a good company. It's tough to advance past a certain level, unless you possess a degree (at least a bachelors) for anything that isn't production
Pros
Competitive pay for production
Cons
tough to advance
Great people make this a great place
Great people to work with in a collaborative environment. High expectations for attention to detail and leadership to be engaged in the day to day work.
Top Heavy
Recently purchased by CraneCo. No relation to the Crane family that started Crane Currency. Gone is the family oriented company and atmosphere that has been in business for over 200 years. Gone are the great benefits that made Crane Currency a great place to work. Today, there are too many bosses, which make for ineffective management with staff doing redundant tasks. Employees are considered expendable and just another number. I think the Crane family would be embarrassed to see what has come of their family business.
Cons
poor management
Great Company Until Bought By Crane Co.
Crane Currency used to have a genuine feeling that Mgt cared for its employees, but Crane Co. has come in and made it clear that they care about numbers and money. The Sr. VP, Louis something even said to a group of us in a communication meeting that if we didn't want to work for Crane Co., then we could leave. Not very inspiring. Also, they have made many promises to the employees and then didn't deliver. Again, not very inspiring. I miss the old Crane Currency, but I also enjoy everyone I work with at the local office.
Pros
Great Culture, Caring local Management, good job w good pay
Cons
Lots of instability by new company, Crane Co.
A storied company utilizing skilled craftsmen and cutting edge designers.
The best run company I've worked for. All levels of the management team are accessible. Little to no politics and a collaborative culture where everyone contributes to producing the best, most secure banknotes on the planet.

My supervisor gives me a lot of freedom to make decisions and to direct my team without any micromanagement. I'm able to do this because I know my supervisor will always have my back and is available to coach or assist me.
Fun work place
Fun environment love the coworkers the employees as far as the manager the way the job set up .you definitely will learn new things an you will definitely love the work that you do .
Pros
Lunch, breaks, vacation an personal days paid days off
Cons
No cons
Roller Coaster of Ups and Downs
Very good group of hard working fellow employees. Upper management is sub-par. Most managers are just number jockeys that have no clue whats going on out on the production floor but yet when something goes wrong they are quick to point the finger.
Pros
People