Cranston Public Schools Employee Reviews

Despite minor issues, a great place to work!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 25, 2018
There are minor issues with Cranston, one being the fact that wages have, in general, not kept pace with inflation; however, this is not new to the city.

Overall, the environment is respectful and collaborative. Teachers and students respect each other, and parents get involved in the process.

I would highly recommend to new teachers that they get a job here.
Pros
professional, collaborative environment
Cons
wages stagnated, and sometimes minor issues of communication between management and rank and file.
Fun place to work as a summer job i would look foward to work for this school system again
Cranston - (seasonal) Janitorial assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 17, 2018
I started working for Cranston Public Schools about 2 and a half years ago in the summer time as a summer job. My experience working here was fun and I learned a lot social and physical skills that I can use later on in life in whatever career I decide to pursue. The hours were manageable for my age at the time . If I had the chance to work for this department again, I definitely would.
Pros
Relaxed enviorment, good hours, nice coworkers
Cons
Short term summer job
It was an outstanding lifetime career!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RI 02910November 2, 2017
Extremely rewarding experience. It was a lifetime career. A most challenging career, with new and exciting programs annually. It was difficult to leave this position, but necessary with the Great Recession. We loved the children, the routine, and the working climate.
Comfortable work place for the fast paced
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 10, 2017
A typical day includes making copies, preparing lessons, working with children individually and helping the teacher. Each day is something new with the kids but always fun.
Great place to teach
Middle School Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 13, 2017
I loved teaching in this district. The students, parents, colleagues were all wonderful. I only left due to personal reasons, and if I could return, I would.
Always a fun easy to work with staff.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 10, 2017
Cranston Public Schools has been a nice place to work. I've had good experiences with co-workers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the improvement with the students from the beginning to the end of the year.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
pay should be more due to the work that you do.
Very classy and professional organization
Science teacher later principal in CT (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 20, 2015
The Cranston School Department was a wonderful experience for my 30 years of teaching. It was always on the cutting edge of educational movements.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Amount of money needed to support our efforts.
Administrative Assistant
Per Diem Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RI 02920March 18, 2015
Typical day included maintaining substitute schedules, excel charts, and data bases within the school department. I currently maintain a position here and balance it with my substitute position.
Fun
Summer School Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 7, 2014
I was a teachers assistant and it was temporary and I would do it again if I were asked.
Is a good place to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 25, 2012
I am a per diem substutute teacher so therefore a typical day at work is a little overwhelming and comfortable at times.
I learned a lot by just talking to the teachers and interacting with the students and other staff members.
The person that calls me every morning is very pleasant and very fair.
My co-workers are for the most part very nice and helpful.
The harderst part of the job is basically dealing with inconsistent students and teachers.
I enjoyed this kind of job because I went to school to become a teacher and I am getting experience by subbing before I become a classroom teacher.
Pros
some free periods.
Cons
the lunch break is too short.