Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Crate And Barrel
Stocker/Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2018
Great flexible job. Good for people who are first starting out for there first job. Also great for students who are still going to school and need little extra cash
Accuracy is top priority, there are management staff available for assistance. The hardest part of the job is hours, weekends and nights every week.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 13, 2018
Management is very approachable and willing to assist with any issues. Fellow employees are great team workers.
It is a very busy position that includes problem solving, communication, efficiency and accuracy skills.
It is a position where you are independant worker but assistance is available when it is needed.
Pros
Environment and Benefits
Cons
Working day, nights and weekends every week.
Wonderful work enviorment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 12, 2018
I love working at Crate. It is such a wonderful company. Scheduling is flexible and the mangers are understanding. They are always asking for ways to improve their work experience.
Pros
flexible
Cons
n/a
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re so happy to hear you love Crate!

Great Employees
Seasonal/Part-Time Merchandising Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
great fun workplace - seasonal pay is great - its a great first time retail job - store always kept clean - hire seasonal employee and could become full-time
July 16, 2018

The entire store is beautifully maintained and welcoming
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 10, 2018
Head store manager has great a positive attitude and very respectful to everyone working under her leadership. A Great location, discounts, and sales!
Pros
decent pay, always get breaks, no personal sales goal
Cons
opening new credit cards
Sad Turn of Events
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 9, 2018
Was a good place to work until new management arrived. The team managers and store managers used to focus on the associates and the customers while providing excellent customer service and goods. almost 90% of the people working at the store I was at left after 6 months including people who have been working there for over 10 years when the new management was implemented. Less focus on teamwork and teaching the associates about the product they are selling and more emphasis on selling the store credit cards. Push sales instead of focus on customer needs. The back of house is understaffed now and they are cutting hours leading to major shortages in labor even on critical high traffic hours. I used to love working here, now things have changed potentially for the worse.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Stressful
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experiences. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your experiences with you. Please contact our corporate offices at 847-272-2888 and ask to speak to a member of the Associate Relations team where we can find out more details and follow up with the appropriate senior level management.

review
Designer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 9, 2018
working for a retail company that was downsizing is hard to advance from within the company. My recommendation is to get experience and try get hired from the outside, internal.
Pleasant co-workers.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 8, 2018
Overall I liked the work environment. The staff was fun and hard working. The customers were pleasant and I felt comfortable performing the duties of my position. My issue, however is with the store Manager and Assistant Manager. They created a very hostile and punitive work environment. Because of this, the morale was very low and this is the reason I left after working there for three years. Even after providing this feedback to upper management at the corporate level, the situation did not change.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Store Manager and Assistant Manger lacked people skills.
Productive and wonderful staff
Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2018
Many areas to learn. from stockroom, visual, sales. Store Manager is great with employees and customers. Area Managment is also great when they come to visit. They are always friendly and cheerful and take a moment to say hi and see how you are. Enjoy working with and seeing the associates that I work with. Always learning new product that rotates into the store and online for the change of seasons.
Pros
family enviroment (crate family), wonderful and energetic employee to work with. great discount. extra benifits with longevity.
July 9, 2018

great place to work
Sales and Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128July 2, 2018
a great company culture/ the employees are fun and bring interesting pasts with them/ many backgrounds and beliefs/ there always seems to be food for the employees/ good benefits
July 9, 2018

great at first, then went downhill
Area Designer - Mid-Atlantic Region (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2018
the company restructured, which led to a steady decline in a positive, energetic work environment. i left feeling like the years i had invested had been in vain.
Lots of fun products
Floor Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
Lots if room for growth. The bridal registry is fun to work with expecting couples. Merchandising prod it's and learning different designs and layouts can be fun.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work long shifts
Great people, great environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 21, 2018
Overall a good retailer with European management approach. Lots of management control-associates could be allowed more responsibility. Only 1 break in the day . Lots of resource material on company drive, but no guide to let you know whats out there...you need to search and find it for yourself.
Pros
great people, bright and well kept work environment
Cons
low salaries and poor PTO compared to other national retailers
The team felt like family
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 17, 2018
But unfortunately family has favorites and therefore career advancement wasn't a reflection of your job performance but your relationships there. I left to advance elsewhere.
Great Place, Great Environment, lovely people, lovely company
Merchendiser (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 14, 2018
One of the best job experiences I had while I was in college. The rest of the staff was amazing, job requirements were easy enough, and there were no real negative surprises, I found out once I was hired. I would highly recommend.
Cons
No Cons
Quick pace and good hours
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 11, 2018
Starting at Crate and Barrel I'd have to stretch then start work by moving merchandise to the trucks and loading them. The best thing about this place was the hours they gave me.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
June 18, 2018

Not a good place to work
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 10, 2018
The owners of this company are only using people with this numbers system, it is set up for you to fail and they know it They use their customers by sells cheap products at extremely high prices with a fancy name. Create & Barrel is a bad company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
June 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience and feedback. Please contact our Associate Relations team as we welcome an opportunity to discuss further with you.

Nice Store to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
I worked at the Michigan Ave store. It was a beautiful store to be in. I learned basic customer service skills. Management was great. The most enjoyable was when the seasonal time would come around and the store was nicely decorated.
Crate and Barrel is AMAZING
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2018
I absolutely love Crate and Barrel. Working for them has genuinely made my work life so much better and it is RARE that I ever have a bad day at work. The one fit I can throw about this place is the management can get pretty catty, one manager in specific who I will not name, however, I wouldn't say that the job as a whole is any less than awesome.
Pros
Breaks, Decent Pay, Flexible Hours
Cons
Manager Drama, Slow at times
June 11, 2018

An overall bland experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 30, 2018
Crate and Barrel isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. I'd say the rules were a bit strict and the pay was debatable for the amount of work expected. But you'll feel that way at any entry level job. Overall I have no complaints , but nothing to praise either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crate and Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

57out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Crate and Barrel.