Crate and Barrel
72Above average

Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Crate and Barrel is a great place for those who want to advance their design library regardless of practice.
Working at Crate and Barrel is a great place to work if you're looking to expand your design library. Crate is always on the cutting edge of design creating new pallets for every season. They focus on the inside of the house, the garden, patio and beyond. With the right crew and leadership the day moves swiftly and logically. There are plenty of opportunities to advance and HR and upper management are always willing to lend an ear.
October 15, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re so happy to hear you love Crate!
Productive and fun work environment with good people
One of my better experiences working in retail. Beautiful store that's nice and fun to work in with good employees and lots of benefits. I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Breaks, Break room, Free food
February 10, 2020
The merchandising team is awesome
I feel the merch team is the driving force and heartbeat of the store. Yet they are not motivated like the sales team. really dont get much incentive. The store could use some of that praise on the back of house team. Without the people in the stock room sales floor definitely would not know what to do or where to find product. Merchandise team has a vast set of skills that covers more than just picking stock out of the warehouse
A Typical 9 to 5
It's not something meant for long term. The job works best as a part time gig, but there is room for advancement if that's what your looking for. FYI, Management is highly selective on who they hire, and who they give opportunities to for advancement. Only management can be full time, so you won't be able to take advantage of the work benefits like health, vision, or dental care. Management also doesn't really hold people responsible for their duties. It's often times very short staffed, so you can be easily over worked.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management, Short Staffed
review
working for a retail company that was downsizing is hard to advance from within the company. My recommendation is to get experience and try get hired from the outside, internal.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great environment and work place
Although work place environment is above and beyond, it's hard to make a living off of wages in Northern Virginia without spending your entire day at work.
Excellent place of work
I had a phenomenal work experience at this location and would highly recommend it to a fellow colleague. The atmosphere was wonderful. The customers and employees were high spirited and fantastic to work with. I would have liked to work full time but the position was unavailable.
February 6, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We’re so happy to hear you love Crate!
Good pace
This is my second year with them and they are great place to work. I love the atmosphere, the fans and the work crew. The way they make you feel like family.
Fun place to work
Great managers. I had a blast working here. One of my favorite retail places to work at. It is a great place for college students to work for extra money.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
no healthcare
Great Company culture
Fun and inspiring place to work with a focus on passion for product, people and customer service. Great team environment and company culture built through the years.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare benefits and opportunity for growth.
Cons
Low work/life balance
looking for a new beginning
maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills and teamwork and customer service in order to deliver an engaged experince to every customer , every time
Pros
Cons
don"t have a personal life, not great hours, schedule is all over the place, weekends are require, on my feet for the last 14 years
Productive and fun
Working at Crate and Barrel was a great experience. My co-workers were phenomenal and we became a family. Every day there was a smile on my face because I was happy to go to work. I thoroughly enjoyed clocking in and getting to work along side some of the amazing people I worked with.
One of the best places
The company is a wonderful place, I have the best boss ever!! every one is so loving and caring.
Gives customers the great WOW experience training.
Great training experience.
Management is friendly.

Allows educate the staff about the products.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no paid lunch break, and schedule is not fixed
You take the good, you take the bad..
When i started it was before the company "realignment". Before it was a great place! Everyone enjoyed their duties, came to work was willing to help out in divisions of responsibilities that were not their own and customers saw a more seamless flow. After, there was a clear division and people were told that "..that's not your job anymore". This was supposed to invigorate sales and streamline the stores. It may have worked if the scheduling was done correctly by the GM. It wasn't. This created a rippling effect that degraded the stores morale and lead to many important and key people leaving. The GM stayed locked away in her office all day she was "working" and always slipped out on the day she posted the schedule. This is a good place to work, i say. The customers are always engaging. The non-mangagement associates do their best and enjoy it as much as they can. I loved the product diversity.. Just not my management. There was no assurance or help or direction. Oh wait, there was a direction; down.
great co-workers games
great co-worker. like alot of great products. fun games to keep moral up. when you are short hand and it the busy day its could be a great or the worst day, but when you leave for the day and your tired but you feel good.
Pros
good discount
Cons
half hour lunch and no breaks