Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Fast Paced But Enjoyable Environment
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Good place to work, the management team is nice, the pay is fair, and the workplace culture is enjoyable. Depending on the account that you are on, claims can get repetitive and dull.
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Work becomes repetitive fast.
Productive work place
Insurance Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Loved working here would highly recommend. No micromanaging very relaxed atmosphere with plenty to do it was never a dull moment. Sadly was only a temporary position.
Good workplace
Inside Desk Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. Environment was good to work in at the time. Management and coworkers very knowledgeable in the claims process. Training process was great as well.
Crawford
Utilization Management Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I worked for Crawford and Company several years ago. A lot could have changed since then so I don't feel comfortable leaving a review. Like I said, it was a long time ago.
8 years of my career
PGA then Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 21, 2018
As I studied Insurance and Risk Management in college and summers working for Crawford and Company as a temp I learned a lot and made a good wage. I would work here again.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
Home Office overhead impact on the branchs
Incompetent Managers
Tic-Tac-Toe Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2018
Everyone there is so incompetent! The manager's are very rude and not very knowledgeable. The Job was VERY challenging. I would say the work is at about high school level of difficulty. Do NOT recommend for anyone who didn't graduate high school as you will just be disappointed
Pros
n/a
Cons
incompetency
My job is okay
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2018
Hard working company just be there to work your shift and you dont leave to your shift is completely done and over I learn something new everday I will always be there to learn and do my job for the company
Pros
There r none
Cons
The company is Outsources a lot of our jobs
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2018
Crawford is outsourcing most of the finance dept of the company to International . Putting a lot of us out to look for jobs. That is the reason I am leaving to company
Great Company
Catastrophe Property Field Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 26, 2018
Enjoyed my time with the company. Great group of people. Typical day consist of organizing your day by severity of claims, making first contacts with customers, then completing inspections. I learned how past paced a hurricane setting can be working in New Jersey. The hardest of getting people on the phone to schedule appointment right after a storm.
Pros
Great orginzation
Cons
productive and fun work place
Claims Specialist/Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
This to is a great company to work for. There was a lot of room to grow and there were several accounts to work with from the Exxon Valdez project to the Auto/Home Owners Insurance. The benefits were fantastic.
Pros
great area...Atlanta
Cons
Not enought paid vacation time
Why do we need this?
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 7, 2018
start at 9am and leave at ?, most of the time we do not have quitting hours, it all depends of the urgency of assigment given that day.

Management is almos null, no support in any way, form or shape.

we us employees try to work as a team even when management are not.

coping with all the politcs among managers and top level executives

lunch with my peers
Pros
experience
Cons
micro management
Good Job
Tax and Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
Great Paid time off and medical benefits. Easy going environment. Opportunities for overtime. Paid Holidays off. Fun Times, great people, great office.
Company has a good management team.
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2018
The company has a good management team and provides support and has an open door policy. Management is responsive and understanding of employee needs and addresses any and all concerns.
Positive and productive work environment.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Open door management style for the Global Divisions Unit. Positive team members, interesting and challenging work. Normal 40 hour work week posted; however, job duties often require more than 40 hours to be successful in this role.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed by time with Crawford C0. I learned how to provide excellent customer service pertaining to medical bill review. I provided information to a variety of providers from many different ethnic groups. The hardest part of my job was understanding those with strong accents. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the kind of customer service that I was hired and trained for-excellent.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Mco
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 26, 2018
As a starter job, this was a wonderful place to work and learn the ropes as a young person just getting out in to the workforce. I was grateful for the opportunity.
Sweat Shop
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Long hours and little cooperation among fellow employees. Management didn't seem to care if you worked through the weekend to try and keep up when claims would snowball. We were told by claims director that there were no weekends.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Long hours with no overtime, isolation
I was a supervising adjuster
Supervising Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2018
It was an interesting job with lots of variety. It could be challenge to get in your required amount of billable hours. I would recommend this company to others
Had to learn on your own. Not sufficient training.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
The company is a good company, however this specific project needed stronger leaders at the corporate level. Opportunity to stay on with the company as long as you were willing to move for each project.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Training.
Change in management AND JOB
COMMODITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GASeptember 11, 2018
Excellent job and great coworkers initially but a number of management changes led to a complete change in the job, manager and also brought on an unsupportive work environment.
Pros
coworkers, peers, benefits, salary, work
Cons
it all changed, new management, new job role/tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight