Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Why do we need this?
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 7, 2018
start at 9am and leave at ?, most of the time we do not have quitting hours, it all depends of the urgency of assigment given that day.

Management is almos null, no support in any way, form or shape.

we us employees try to work as a team even when management are not.

coping with all the politcs among managers and top level executives

lunch with my peers
Pros
experience
Cons
micro management
Good Job
Tax and Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
Great Paid time off and medical benefits. Easy going environment. Opportunities for overtime. Paid Holidays off. Fun Times, great people, great office.
Company has a good management team.
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2018
The company has a good management team and provides support and has an open door policy. Management is responsive and understanding of employee needs and addresses any and all concerns.
Positive and productive work environment.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Open door management style for the Global Divisions Unit. Positive team members, interesting and challenging work. Normal 40 hour work week posted; however, job duties often require more than 40 hours to be successful in this role.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed by time with Crawford C0. I learned how to provide excellent customer service pertaining to medical bill review. I provided information to a variety of providers from many different ethnic groups. The hardest part of my job was understanding those with strong accents. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the kind of customer service that I was hired and trained for-excellent.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Sweat Shop
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Long hours and little cooperation among fellow employees. Management didn't seem to care if you worked through the weekend to try and keep up when claims would snowball. We were told by claims director that there were no weekends.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Long hours with no overtime, isolation
I was a supervising adjuster
Supervising Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2018
It was an interesting job with lots of variety. It could be challenge to get in your required amount of billable hours. I would recommend this company to others
Had to learn on your own. Not sufficient training.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
The company is a good company, however this specific project needed stronger leaders at the corporate level. Opportunity to stay on with the company as long as you were willing to move for each project.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Training.
Change in management AND JOB
COMMODITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GASeptember 11, 2018
Excellent job and great coworkers initially but a number of management changes led to a complete change in the job, manager and also brought on an unsupportive work environment.
Pros
coworkers, peers, benefits, salary, work
Cons
it all changed, new management, new job role/tasks
Enjoyed Working At Crawford & Company
Manager-Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Manager-Senior Accountant (Accounting Consultant for collecting data and building sub-ledgers between Oracle GL accounts and claims management systems). Implemented PeopleSoft & Blackline (Financial System Analyst).
• Combined knowledge of accounting, finance and business acumen to review, validate, manage, and manipulate $16 billion (55 million transactions) of data in support of root cause analyses, Oracle GL corrective actions, and decisions support. Reported opportunities for improvements, problem issues to management and recommended appropriate solutions. Cleared reconciling items and improved legacy reconciling processes (monthly close also)
• Analyzed Oracle GL accounts process flows, built accounting procedures and provided Blackline training.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Driving To Work.
Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
A bit conservative in approach but the culture is not competitive at the cost of values.Everyone gets opportunity to learn and grow. There is freedom to choose the work that suits you best
Productive and fun work environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2018
Employees have a real team spirit. Everyone worked together to accomplish quarterly goals. Work/life balance was important to management. Benefits package was awesome!
Pros
Teamwork
Fast Paced - Catastrophe work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 20, 2018
Whether working a CAT deployment or day claims, the management is very supportive and works with you. This is a fast paced business and you a re expected to put forth your best at all times. The work environment is busy, but with a lot of comradery.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
You never know how long an assigment will last.
High paced
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Being on Crawford's staff is great. Staff is super friendly and always helpful. My last deployment with Crawford, we worked six days at ten hours a day. Hardest part of the job is that working that much leaves very little time for yourself. The job is tough but its the staff that makes it worth while.
Pros
High Pay with great team members
Cons
Long hours and deployments end without much notice.
There is nothing interesting about this job who is
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 5, 2018
When I first started to work at Crawford I believe that I would enjoy it but as time went by I saw that it wasn’t what I expected and also the pay was not enough for me to maintain my home.
Pros
Cons
The customers were happy most of the time, the customers tips good most of the time, and the hours were easy.No overtime was allowed, no benefits were provided, and there was not enough pay.
Very Strong and large company
ctastrophe adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2018
Crawford is worldwide yet treat you like family. This company is a very good company to do business with and the people who run it are great people. The best part of the job was the trust they have in you and the expertise you bring with you. Crawford takes care of their adjusters and their clients.
Pros
great work
Cons
not enough work
Crawford
Manager of Financial Controls (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Crawford allowed me the opportunity to develop my skill set and grow into the manager I am today. The day to day work was constant, full of research and reconciliations.
Relaxed work atmosphere.
CAT Field Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 24, 2018
The people and management at Crawford were helpful, and supportive. Reasonable expectations that met both the insureds carriers needs/expectations.Pay was balanced with requirement of information for claims submitted.
Pros
Relaxed people, fun environment
Cons
Slow in getting out information.
The salary was too low and management constantly changing
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Along with management changing, so were the philosophies also constantly changing. The things that did not change, however, were the salary (which remained the same in six years), company attitude and unrealistic expectations of the field investigators of which I was one.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Hours, salary, treatment of employees.
Good company to work for
IT Director/Medical Management Program Director (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 16, 2018
Good company to work for and learn about the insurance industry if your into this industry. Very knowledgeable people and looking to make a mark in the market today.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight