Creative Artists Agency Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to begin a career
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2018
A great place to learn about yourself and network. Lots of opportunities for career advancement. Tough to get ahead, and long hours. The pay could be better.
Pros
Great networking opportunities
Cons
Low pay, long hours
requires thick skin
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 5, 2018
job sucks if you have a terrible boss
not your regular "corporate culture"
agents are not always great mentors
you're better off knowing someone if you want to get ahead
Terrible Management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2018
This is only for ops departments: Managers and executives don’t care about the employees below them. They are too busy jockeying for power to communicate with employees, hire poorly skilled people in supervisor positions, and in general treat their employees badly in a high blame culture creating low morale.
Pros
Snacks, drinks, some fun events
Cons
Lack of management vision and morale
Perfect Introduction To World of Entertainment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2018
CAA is a very demanding company, but it gives you incredible experience and amazing opportunities. I worked first-hand with A-list clients on a variety of projects.
Pros
First-Hand Experience
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent place to work for career advancement in entertainment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2018
It is definitely a challenging job. I was lucky enough to work for an amazing superior. Some are not so lucky. My job was demanding, but I enjoyed it. I think a lot of your success at this place is dependent on who you work for. But most agents and supervisors are great.
Pros
2 weeks off in the winter for the holidays, paid vacation, prestigious, respected in the industry so you can work anywhere once you have put in your time here.
Cons
High turnover, can be cliquey.
Fun Culture
Assistant to Music Touring Agent, Music Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2018
My favorite place to work. The culture was the best. There were so many unique benefits like watching movies in their movie theater, concert tickets, musical show-cases on sight, etc.
Hassle, but perks
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Good benefits, you see a celebrity every once in a while, and there are some perks around town when people hear you work at CAA. You pay for that with brutal hours and low pay (unless you're an agent). That's the bargain.
Pros
Rubbing elbows with Hollywood elite
Cons
Punishing hours and low pay
Cut-throat
Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
There were many negative personalities at CAA which contributed to a negative outlook on the company. I don't have anything against the type of work done at CAA however I am not the type of person who enjoys sitting at the same desk, every day of the week at the same times every day.
TV Scripted Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2017
Great place to work. Collaborative work environment. Young, hungry industry professionals. Room for growth and so much to learn in this hub for knowledge.
exciting, fast-paced, lower pay, great place to be to network
Executive Coordinator - Music Events & Touring (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
I love the subject matter of my job at CAA and the building and culture is so exciting, but the long hours and low pay get can be really draining... unless you want to be an agent, saying for more than 2-3 years just doesn't' make sense to me
I work with a very respobsible team members.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2017
Typical day is varied, hectic, and I report to various managers and supervisors. I like the daily personal interaction with the agents, department heads and the assistants. Additionally special projects are always a positive and welcome challenge for me.
Pros
Year-end time off
Cons
I'm thinking about my response.
Great comapny, great benefits and amazing pay
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
It is an excellent company to work for as field market manager or as a brand ambassador. Company houses major clients in sports, retail and wireless. Excellent pay for field market managers and job culture was always pleasant as long as you did the assigned job.
Pros
Awesome venues to work at and amazing events
Cons
Extensive weekend work.
Best Place to Learn the Entertainment Industry
Agent Trainee (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAOctober 4, 2017
If you are interested in a career in the entertainment industry, CAA is where you want to cut your teeth. I learned more in my two years at this company than I would have in grad school. Aside from the top tier talent and infrastructure that they represent, the relationships you build with your peers while working here will last you a lifetime.
Pros
Unparalleled industry access
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Creative workplace
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 21, 2017
Long hours and poor compensation. However, wonderful managers who will teach you the ropes. If you are a quick learner and want a solid jump start to your career I would recommend giving it a try.
Educational, but limited career advancement in my capacity
Staff Reader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
I worked from home, so a typical work day would be reading books/screenplays/TV pilots and writing synopses, character breakdowns, and comments. It's a flexible job by nature, but can often take up more time than anticipated.

I learned that not all jobs in such a company are created equal and that time served isn't rewarded with advancement or significant pay increases. The hardest part of the job was trying to move on from it. The most enjoyable was the limited commute.
fast paced, innovative entertainment company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
Coordinating w staff to get contracts issued, returned and fully executed. Daily reporting to get clients paid. Interviewing future staff, training new hires. Assisting agents with their staffing and office needs. Reviewed processes to streamline and save money.
As a manager I was not supervised. Company relies on a team effort to compete in the entertainment world. The hardest part of my job was having to terminate personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to hire applicants and help them to advance their careers. Proudest moments were when my hires were promoted to agent.
Pros
The biggest & most successful talent agency in the world
Cons
Big egos, high pressure
Strong company
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
Busy environment, not a large amount of movement to grow. Constantly changing with advanced computer technology. Some perks and has strong benefits. Not a lot of overtime required.
Stepping stone
Account Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 10, 2017
Creative Artists Agency is a great place to gain exposure and have something to add to your resume that will stand out to other employers. It is a good place to start fresh out of college.
Hub of Entertainment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2017
Wide scope of opportunities within the entertainment, media and sports industries. Some amazing, brilliant and talented colleagues. Needs leadership development + more transparency
Great
Intern/Lifestyle Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2017
A great introduction into agency life by shadowing the best of the best. This agency is not for the faint of heart and really have to take initiative and go above and beyond.