Creative Breakthroughs, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Academy Intern (Former Employee) –  DetroitJuly 29, 2018
Avoid, especially the "academy" program. It's a predatory method CBI uses to get low paid interns locked in to labor contracts. Academy pay is really low when you calculate how many hours you will work. The trade off is supposed to be that they will train you and you will make entry level pay. They will not train you. Often interns in the academy are sent out to customer sites as staff augmentation for companies they support.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Pros
Some of the people outside of managementl.
Cons
Management, the owner, just aweful. Pay is not competative.
Great people / Poor Culture & Management
Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Tremendous people working as individual contributors and middle management.

Executive team needed some character and ethics. CEO dated and married saleswoman working for him. CFO paid subcontractors 9+ months late and represented partners material as his own.

Zero work / life balance
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor Executive Management
Great culture, big growth, amazing career opportunity!
Director of Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 2, 2018
I have been at CBI for 5 years, and I'm even more passionate/excited about our future than ever before. I started at CBI as an Inside Sales Representative and have advanced my career to a Director level in less than 4 years. If you are a competitive, driven, and willing to put in the work; there is plenty of potential for growth. CBI is a great opportunity for talented people to come find a home for a long, fruitful career.
Pros
Performance Based, Culture of Speed, Great People, Surrounded by Talent
Cons
Goals are aggressive and you are held accountable, Very competitive you need to be too
Fast-Paced, Challenging Company with Room for Advancement
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, MIJanuary 2, 2018
CBI is not a company for everyone. We have a fast-paced, challenging work culture that rewards a blue-collar work ethic and passion for the industry. For the right candidate, CBI is a career changer or starter. With comprehensive training both on-the-job and classroom based, CBI opportunity and upward mobility is plentiful for those that are willing to work hard and grow fast with us.
Pros
Training, Upward Mobility, Great People, Mentorship
Cons
Fast-paced culture that might not be best for everyone.
Unethical, Inconsistent, NO SECURITY
Administration (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 22, 2015
My experience at CBI was similar to that of the over 50% of employees who were turned-over in the last year- chaotic.
There were no management best practices implemented at this organization. It simply seemed that senior management was expected to agree with what the CEO wanted- and that changed FREQUENTLY. Chaotic work environment. No internal communication.

I would suggest avoiding if a long-term career move is what you are looking for.
Executive Leadership is Dishonest and Unethical
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 11, 2013
Advice to potential customers and employees: STAY AWAY FROM CREATIVE BREAKTHROUGHS!!

Leadership treats employees like dirt, make false claims to customers about their capabilities and, as someone who values honesty, I am very uncomfortable working for them.

I will be leaving as soon as I can find another position.
Pros
Rank & file employees are friendly.
Cons
Unethical Executive Leadership, employees treated like "property", lack of loyalty, false promises
A company without honor or integrity
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 22, 2012
They want you to give and give and give but don't care about you past what you can do for them.

The handbook ask you to give a two week notice but the HR manager told me the company doesn't honor any notice so don't give them a notice and expect them to keep you on.
Cons
focus is how much you can make them, cbi can't be trusted, even if it is in writing.
Get it in writing!
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 6, 2012
I was supposed to be a Technical Lead but instead they put me on a consulting compensation plan where it is impossible for me to make any bonus. It's been 6 months and I have yet to see a job description or bonus plan in a written format.
Pros
lots of downtime because sales waits for partners
Cons
lack of respect from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Breakthroughs, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2