Creative Bus Sales Employee Reviews

Admin Department
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 30, 2018
I have worked at Creative over a year and I enjoy the flexibility with work/life balance. I do not ever feel micromanaged and I am trusted to complete tasks on my own and giving free range to develop plans/ideas alone. My opinions are taken into consideration.
Pros
Time off, flexibility, work/life balance
Cons
Expensive healthcare, PTO accrues very slowly
I loved Working for Creative Bus Sales
Service Writer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working from Creative Bus Sales! The work could be a bit stressful but the people and environment made it easy to cope with. My manager was probably one of the best managers I've ever worked for and his way of running the shop reflected positively throughout the shop and work quality of the mechanics.
Pros
Fun environment to work in, good health care
Great Place to Work!
PARTS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
Creative Bus offers room for advancement. Great Managers, Competitive wages and awesome employees. If your looking to get into this industry, look no farther!
Pros
Managers are flexible and understanding
Do. It apply here
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 3, 2018
Bad management . Not a good place to work benefits suck parts department sucks whole place ran backwards . Vacation time benefits are bad. There is no room to grow here

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We have recently revised our benefit packages to better fit the needs of our employees. We take your feedback seriously and will continue to work hard on providing the best for our employees.

work. work, work
assembler (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 28, 2018
associates, are helpful and good to work with, but they do not give increases, no 90 day review. just lot of work many hours no time for family to spend
Pros
everyone is a team player
Cons
no increases

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We currently have an annual review process in place. Should you have any questions before your review, we highly recommend speaking with your direct supervisor. Thank you for your hard work and being a part of Creative Bus Sales!

Management is messy
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
When things are going well it's great, when there are delays, every department blames and bickers with each other.

My manager did not know too much about his department so I was not properly trained. When I finished my workload, I would ask my co-workers if they needed help but they would not give me anything because they did not want to take their time to train me on their duties.

Hello,

We have recently updated several of our policies and procedures. We are sorry to hear about your less than great experience with Creative Bus Sales. We will be sure to take your feedback into consideration and find more effective training methods.

Thank you!

No accountability No communication
Warranty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 26, 2018
New management often.
Always firing people.
Not diverse at all.
Horrible communication.
Horrible pay once they wanted to hire me
Does not make you feel grounded in employment.
Other Employees complain ALL the time about management, benefits and cost of it and aura of building. Its annoying and doesn't make it a positive work environment.

Worked since mid 2017 they lacked on hiring me on a permanent bases due to firing a manager. Was told cause I was a temp I could NOT attend a Christmas party in December 2017 and was not paid for time off either- I missed out on pay as they told me and 2 other temps a day before the party after we were invited already. People who were hired in November attended. That is not how you treat employees, Work ethics decline and makes it a unhappy environment to work in.

Managers are so boggled down due to lack of upper management - I could not get work done timely. Always waiting on a manager to approve or set up a user account. Then asked what is taking so long.

Company was getting audited.
Pros
was not micro managed, was given time off to handle unexpected emergency.
Cons
pay, turnaround, communication, management

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working for Creative Bus Sales. We have made several changes to help all departments run more effectively, and are continuing to take all feedback into consideration as we look forward to growing. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

Just dont do it
got the raw deal here (Current Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 6, 2017
Not a place i would recommend for advancement. This is a clique type of atmosphere. You have to fit in to be in. Pay level is what it is, the more you have the same pay you'll make.
Any good reviews are written by the marketing manager :)
Hamster Wheel Runner (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 17, 2017
Financial favoritism and accountability issues: You can get a raise, based not on your work, but on your ability to keep your head down and act like you don't see any games being played.

High-pressure, cliquey environment: Heavy politics intereferes with daily operations, manufacturer and vendor relations. It's kinda hard to focus on your work when there are so many people whispering!

Refusal to accept that they control the environment: HR is good people, but thier hands are tied, and they will just pinpoint you to senior management for future removal. Even if you are telling them your boss is doing something against thier own policies and handbook.

Zero communication/transparancy: Very little training, support for your role, or resources. Inventory and assets are frequently lost or damaged without care.

Low benefits, unreasonable pay, and awful employee morale.

Good managers are afraid to speak up, and are unable to manage thier team (or even apply thier own solutions) properly. They eventually become the manipulators (that must do the work as they are ordered) in order to collect a check. This company is the definition of micromanaged, from the top down.

They are now making thier own employee reviews in an attempt to fill thier open positions.
Pros
If you're willing to step on others, (or watch them get stepped on without reason)- You can get ahead here...
Cons
Zero accountability. Mom-and-pop shop processes, but with an attitude like they own the industry and you.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you were affected by the rapid growth of Creative Bus Sales. We have made several changes to many departments to benefit our employees. As we continue to expand, we are taking all feedback into consideration so that we may provide the best environment for our employees. Thank you for your feedback and Creative Bus Sales wishes you the best of luck!

Fun environment with growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 14, 2017
Been working at CBS for years. Really enjoy the people and culture. Management is flexible and doesn't micromanage employees. Great place to work if you enjoy coming to the office and putting your head down and working. Company is in a major growth mode, so opportunities for advancement are frequent.
Pros
Friendly staff, growth opportunities, experienced management with industry knowledge.
Cons
Growth challenges, need for more structured policies and procedures. Working through that process.
passive/aggressive work environment
Bus Technician, Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040October 26, 2017
If you want to work at this place, you better be a master fabricator, be willing to be talked down to, have every obscure tool, and know what your coworkers are thinking when they scream at you and they will often. And with no consistency or backing from management. And then be prepared to look busy when the work runs dry, then they don't lay you off, they just fire you for some BS reason.
Pros
friendly at first
Cons
the whole culture is a wreak inside
BEWARE of the Warranty Department
Service (Former Employee) –  Chino, CA 91710October 26, 2017
Beware of the warranty department. The manager has little man syndrome and will fire you if he doesn't like you. He especially hates opinionated women. Turnover rate is extremely high!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
Good Work Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 5, 2017
It is good to be in an environment where the direction makes sense. There is great work-life balance and a dedicated team.

Benefits are on the low side. Other than that, its a very good environment and i would recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance, general environment
Cons
Benefits are weak
Busy and Stressful, poor management.
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 4, 2017
This place is a good stepping stone, you can acquire some knowledge about the Bus/RV industry. Some of the management are bad, Communicating and the way they treat employees.
Pros
Good place to Learn, Co-Workers. Traveling if your title allows it.
Cons
Poor management, Poor Pay
would not recommend this company
production assembler (Former Employee) –  Chino caSeptember 29, 2017
I work here for 4 months work in the GAS Department was hire as a production assembly, department had no drawing to go by, everything had to be custom made and they have the lead person in this department that makes you do all the hard work and he takes credit for it and he only does the easy stuff. The lead guy in this department doesn't like any one, beware if you apply to this company, the people working in this department are really nice, work environment would be great if they got did not have this guys as a supervisor.
Pros
overtime and health benefits
Cons
bad managment
The customer is always wrong
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 16, 2017
This is a large corporate entity, and the individual does not matter. Only profits.

If you are just looking for a steady job, they will probably be around for a while.
Depends on department
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 18, 2016
Things to know before getting into the company:

1. This is a family-owned business that has grown quickly from a Mom and Pop type of business to a countrywide corporation and the management has not kept on par with the rate of growth. There is a lot of disfunction the closer your department operates to the corporate management. It's actually the owners that are the problem. A lot of the managers for the different departments are actually really great at managing but the owners don't let the managers operate well.

2. Because of the inadequate owner-management, MANY employees are given ridiculous amounts of work. The owners want to squeeze as much work out of the office workers as possible. When they should hire another employee, they instead split that workload into a couple pieces and make their current employees do it (a lot of times the work isn't even for the same department as the employee they push it on). The "additional duties as needed" clause in your job description will be abused.

3. If you are a salesman, the above issues don't apply. The salesmen are the only employees that the owners are fair to. They're practically treated like royalty.

4. It takes a long time before you can use vacation or sick days.

5. There are currently 17 office locations in over 10 states. There are multiple departments at most offices i.e. shipping/receiving, office clerk, management, service, parts. Therefore, most of the other reviews may not accurately describe the type of working environment of the particular department of the particular location you're thinking about
  more... applying to. I corresponded with employees of multiple states and departments when I was an employee and some of the departments are run very well while others aren't. The closer your department works with the corporate end of the business and the owners, the worse things are.  less
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Owners severely lack management skills which can lead to a lot of unnecessary work stress
Work
Purchasing/ Transportation (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
It's a good company but the benefits and pay aren't competitive by any means. You have to wait 6 months before any days off can be earned and before you get paid for holidays.
Great entry level job
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 3, 2016
I worked here about a year. I took a higher position but the controller didn't want to give my a pay increase and blamed it on the owners saying they wouldn't approve it. The accounting manager was very helpful and understanding of having children but the controller is another story.
Pros
helpful manager
Cons
low pay
Fast pace and free food (from customers and vendors)
Back Counter Parts & Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 5, 2016
workload were mainly a rush more toward the end of day, but overall it was busy, with room to breath, work day

co-workers were fun and dedicated

management and dept heads were always willing to work with you and give their time for any advice or pointers to help one move up within
Pros
Great place to work, good people, room for opportunities
Cons
Short lived - dept had to relocate to AZ

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Bus Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7