Creative Circle Employee Reviews

Great for Freelance Gigs
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2019
I stay employed full-time, but I used freelance contracts from Creative Circle to supplement my income. It allows me to have a side-hustle that also expands my portfolio. You're paid weekly and they do a good job of sending projects to your inbox so you're never short on projects to apply for.
Pros
Great portfolio work and paid weekly.
Cons
Lots of talent competing for the jobs.
Not enough follow-up, poor communication
DIGITAL CONTENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2019
Short notice on the renewal of contracts. Poor communication between contractors on assignment. No vacation time or holiday pay until 1500 hours worked for them.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Poor communication, endless contract renewals with little notice.
Good for writing contracts
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2019
I was looking for screenwriting opportunities, but all they do is tech writing.

After graduating with a BFA in Visual Communications from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, I moved to San Jose where I worked as an illustrator, drafter, and circuit board designer. I returned to UW-M to study electrical engineering. After receiving my BSEE degree, I designed hardware and coded firmware and software for computer graphics, video, and games. In 1998, while working on games, I started writing screenplays and pitching them.

I have over a dozen now and I'd like to sell them or at least get a gig as a screenwriter for somebody else. I thought that with a name like Creative Circle they could help me do that, but they can't.
Pros
Easy to work with
Cons
no screenwriting
The Best organization to work with and for
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2019
Creative Circle prides themselves on open communication with client and employee. Based your experience, Creative Circle will locate the best suitable position where all involved make the most out of it.
Pros
The finest organization-First class
A great referral resource for Creative Professionals
Senior Art Director/Designer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2019
My experience with Creative Circle has been completely positive from beginning to end. They send me several job postings every day to consider and reach directly out to me with special assignments that they think I would find particularly interesting.
Pros
Great network of employers/opportunities
Cons
I can't think of any cons
Great Contract Agency
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time working on the contract they helped me get. They were always available to answer my questions and helped me work through all of the concerns I had. Excellent team of people.
"Safe to fail" sales mentality
City Manager & Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2018
60-80 cold calls/day
Coaching on how to manage difficult conversations
Very fast paced environment
Slightly high turnover rate in regional managers
Pros
Free meals sometimes, excellent healthcare
Cons
Heavy workload
I work through Creative Circle, not within the company
Contract Graphic Designer and Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
Creative Circle has been my best go-to Agency for freelance work in the Atlanta Metro Area. I give it five stars for communication and representative professionalism. They offer benefits to freelancers as well.
Pros
Regular e-mail listings and calls.
fun workplace
Agent Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job and I hope agent more forces in to the candidate to get a lot of make a working experience.
that way to more candidate interest of creative circle
A Cattle Call for Talent after wasting your time
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Here is how CC wants you think they operate...you apply, they call and ask you to come downtown and interview you. They spend about an hour really getting to know you and your talents. You walk away thinking they totally know your skillsets and will present you with the right opportunities.

And here's what really happens. After you waste your time meeting with them in person, you get an email along with thousands of others presenting an opportunity. The emails are always the same...they ask you to provide 3 bullet points as to why you're the right person for the position.

If you're lucky enough to be one of the first 5, 10 and maybe 15 people to respond you'll get a call. If you're not - and may even be the most qualified- you're out of luck.

Forget the time and effort you not only spent in their offices, but also the time they spent with you. Instead it's a cattle call with the quickest to respond getting the opportunity.

If I were an employer hiring CC, I'd be disappointed in their process of not sending the most qualified candidates, but the fastest to reply.
Pros
They send a lot of emails
Cons
Lazy way to recruit, the fastest to respond get the opportunities, not the most qualified
Creative Circle sucks
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
They suck because they completely lost a sense of respect and professionalism. They treat people like cage animals, no respect, no response most of the time, just waste of lots of talent and energy. Not creative at all.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Disrespectful, unprofessional. They do not care about people.
freelance from home
Photographer and photo editor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2018
overall a good place to work, the only problem is that sometimes they don't send a lot of work and most of my application for new jobs never get a response the only give you 3 pay holidays a year after 1000 hours which suck.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no benefits
Production Artist (Contract/Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
CC has been a pleasure to work with! I am grateful for all of the opportunities that they have provided. They allowed me to grow as a Production Artist.
Pros
Great placements.
Cons
None.
great place to work
Administrative Assistance rep (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work, good staff and great working relationship with everyone who there. The gym in the building is good and it's was just a good place for me to work. I wish I could have been there still but left only for a solid position.
Nice Experience
Contractor and Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2018
I appreciated the placement and support I received during this short-term contract. I was happy with each encounter that I had with the staff and would be happy to work with them in the future.
Creative Circle Is a Great Contract Engagement Recruiting Firm
Digital Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 7, 2018
Creative Circle has provided me with numerous contract engagement opportunities. They always pay at the top of the scale and provide good information about the forthcoming clients so contractors can be well prepared.
Pros
Competitive income
Post Buy Out Changes
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 10, 2018
Creative Circle has many great attributes and like all companies some that are not so great. After being acquired by ASGN a few years ago many things changed. Lots of quality people were let go or resigned including C and V level life long employees which has taken the company in a new direction. For better or worse that is the reality and my experience
Great opportunities to grow
Freelance Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
Creative Circle has offered me great opportunities to grow as a communications professional. I have been able to work with several successful companies and I look forward to continuing my relationship with the hiring team.
Good
Senior Production Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Creative Circle is a temporary work agency for creatives.
They have sent me on most of my jobs. I have found my representatives really great. The longer I work an assignment, the more I can receive perks, insurance, time off, etc.
Useful talent scouting agency
Freelance Copywriter and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 1, 2018
Creative circle has been great helping me find writing positions in the Detroit metro area. While looking for a fulltime job, they have helped me find a decent amout of part-time work that helps to pay the bills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss