Creative Circle Employee Reviews

"Safe to fail" sales mentality
City Manager & Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2018
60-80 cold calls/day
Coaching on how to manage difficult conversations
Very fast paced environment
Slightly high turnover rate in regional managers
Pros
Free meals sometimes, excellent healthcare
Cons
Heavy workload
I work through Creative Circle, not within the company
Contract Graphic Designer and Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
Creative Circle has been my best go-to Agency for freelance work in the Atlanta Metro Area. I give it five stars for communication and representative professionalism. They offer benefits to freelancers as well.
Pros
Regular e-mail listings and calls.
fun workplace
Agent Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job and I hope agent more forces in to the candidate to get a lot of make a working experience.
that way to more candidate interest of creative circle
A Cattle Call for Talent after wasting your time
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Here is how CC wants you think they operate...you apply, they call and ask you to come downtown and interview you. They spend about an hour really getting to know you and your talents. You walk away thinking they totally know your skillsets and will present you with the right opportunities.

And here's what really happens. After you waste your time meeting with them in person, you get an email along with thousands of others presenting an opportunity. The emails are always the same...they ask you to provide 3 bullet points as to why you're the right person for the position.

If you're lucky enough to be one of the first 5, 10 and maybe 15 people to respond you'll get a call. If you're not - and may even be the most qualified- you're out of luck.

Forget the time and effort you not only spent in their offices, but also the time they spent with you. Instead it's a cattle call with the quickest to respond getting the opportunity.

If I were an employer hiring CC, I'd be disappointed in their process of not sending the most qualified candidates, but the fastest to reply.
Pros
They send a lot of emails
Cons
Lazy way to recruit, the fastest to respond get the opportunities, not the most qualified
Creative Circle sucks
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
They suck because they completely lost a sense of respect and professionalism. They treat people like cage animals, no respect, no response most of the time, just waste of lots of talent and energy. Not creative at all.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Disrespectful, unprofessional. They do not care about people.
Production Artist (Contract/Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
CC has been a pleasure to work with! I am grateful for all of the opportunities that they have provided. They allowed me to grow as a Production Artist.
Pros
Great placements.
Cons
None.
great place to work
Administrative Assistance rep (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work, good staff and great working relationship with everyone who there. The gym in the building is good and it's was just a good place for me to work. I wish I could have been there still but left only for a solid position.
Nice Experience
Contractor and Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2018
I appreciated the placement and support I received during this short-term contract. I was happy with each encounter that I had with the staff and would be happy to work with them in the future.
Creative Circle Is a Great Contract Engagement Recruiting Firm
Digital Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 7, 2018
Creative Circle has provided me with numerous contract engagement opportunities. They always pay at the top of the scale and provide good information about the forthcoming clients so contractors can be well prepared.
Pros
Competitive income
Post Buy Out Changes
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 10, 2018
Creative Circle has many great attributes and like all companies some that are not so great. After being acquired by ASGN a few years ago many things changed. Lots of quality people were let go or resigned including C and V level life long employees which has taken the company in a new direction. For better or worse that is the reality and my experience
Great opportunities to grow
Freelance Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
Creative Circle has offered me great opportunities to grow as a communications professional. I have been able to work with several successful companies and I look forward to continuing my relationship with the hiring team.
Good
Senior Production Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Creative Circle is a temporary work agency for creatives.
They have sent me on most of my jobs. I have found my representatives really great. The longer I work an assignment, the more I can receive perks, insurance, time off, etc.
Useful talent scouting agency
Freelance Copywriter and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 1, 2018
Creative circle has been great helping me find writing positions in the Detroit metro area. While looking for a fulltime job, they have helped me find a decent amout of part-time work that helps to pay the bills.
Sad example of creative recruiting...
Art Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2018
I know that not all stories are the same for everyone in the CC roster and I had my share of decent experiences early on in my career. But my most recent experience may have been the worst experience I have ever had in my life. I worked for almost two years for Creative Circle STL as an art director for a almost 3 billion dollar company also in STL. I had no benefits, no time off for the first half and only three days after 1500 hours of consecutive work. The company that I was contracted into had no intention of ever filling the role I was working 40 hours a week to fulfill. I was lied to in the interview process and left a decent job to take this one. That is on me. I am posting this review not out of spite or anger, but more as a warning to new designers and folks that are making the leap to freelance. Use another service. Read the fine print on your contract and do your research.
Pros
8 hour day, decent pay for my experience level
Cons
The whole experience.
Learning Opportunity
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 5, 2018
My time with Creative Circle was not at all what I'd anticipated. The interview process was amazing and everybody I met with had a ton of positive things to say about the company. It seemed like everyone had a lot of tenure, which was important to me. Unfortunately, my priority was the money - which, if given enough time, is achievable - but once hired and in the seat, the six-figures discussed in all the interviews was quickly reduced to "being lucky to make $58-62k in the first year," and combined with a few other factors, it just wasn't a fit.
temp work
Compliance Software Technical Writer / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
this is mostly a company that offers supplemental work for writers; some is remote and most is onsite and most is part time or very short term. Nice people, realistic in the job market and what they have to offer.
Transparent staffing agency with great opportunities
Web Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Transparent staffing agency with great opportunities. Great to work with. Fun. Paid lunch. Great staff. Communication is awesome. I would recommend Creative Circle.
Entery Level
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great place for people who are new to the market. The staff is friendly but they are not going to work very hard to find you a position. Communication is fair at best.
Pros
Access to several job openings
Cons
Staff doesn't communicate well
Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City could because of the cut that CC takes on the top. The agents are nice and get back to you when they say they will. Agents have asked me technical advice. That is fine.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Drives down pay rate for all workers.
Fast paced working environment, with a lot of talented people
Payroll & Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2018
When I worked there it was very fast paced. I worked with a lot of quality & talented people. Although my career growth was limited, there was plenty of growth for the recruiters.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of talented people, good management
Cons
Career growth was limited in some departments, work-life balance could improve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight