Creative Circle

Creative Circle insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Not enough follow-up, poor communication

Short notice on the renewal of contracts. Poor communication between contractors on assignment. No vacation time or holiday pay until 1500 hours worked for them.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Poor communication, endless contract renewals with little notice.

Good when there's work

Hard to get assignments sometimes, took a really long time to get in even though I applied to a bunch of jobs. Once I got in it seems like I was getting offered lots of positions all the time.

Pros

Nice hourly pay, lots of jobs were remote

Cons

No job security, benefits, paid time off, holiday pay

Unbeatable Culture!

I absolutely love being part of the Creative Circle team. The culture is so important, and management is supportive, thoughtful, and helps you push toward and exceed your goals.

Fast Paced and exciting place to work!

Creative Circle is an incredible company with amazing people. It is very fast paced and stressful at times but that is what makes it fun! The culture and overall communication on the team is amazing! I would highly recommend working here to anyone!

Pros

Snacks! Benefits! Culture!

Great Contract Agency

I enjoyed my time working on the contract they helped me get. They were always available to answer my questions and helped me work through all of the concerns I had. Excellent team of people.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

A Cattle Call for Talent after wasting your time

Here is how CC wants you think they operate...you apply, they call and ask you to come downtown and interview you. They spend about an hour really getting to know you and your talents. You walk away thinking they totally know your skillsets and will present you with the right opportunities. And here's what really happens. After you waste your time meeting with them in person, you get an email along with thousands of others presenting an opportunity. The emails are always the same...they ask you to provide 3 bullet points as to why you're the right person for the position. If you're lucky enough to be one of the first 5, 10 and maybe 15 people to respond you'll get a call. If you're not - and may even be the most qualified- you're out of luck. Forget the time and effort you not only spent in their offices, but also the time they spent with you. Instead it's a cattle call with the quickest to respond getting the opportunity. If I were an employer hiring CC, I'd be disappointed in their process of not sending the most qualified candidates, but the fastest to reply.

Pros

They send a lot of emails

Cons

Lazy way to recruit, the fastest to respond get the opportunities, not the most qualified

low pay for hard work

Its good contract work, but for low wages so it is not something you would like to do for a long span of time. No payed Vacation, no payed sick time. You work you get paid.

Pros

Cons

poor healthcare

I love Creative Circle

I know a lot of people who have said "Creative Circle never found work for me", but that's not the case for me. They've found me at least six jobs/projects. A few were several days, two lasted for over a year, and my most recent was contract to full time, which I just left because I wasn't happy with my job (NOT CC's FAULT). I love all of the girls there and I don't just apply to jobs, but they call me about positions that seem like they'd be a good fit. I Just hope that they can help me find my next job very soon! I did find out that they were taking 1/3 of what the client was paying for me at one of my contract positions which is kind of a bummer, but then you have to think about the fact that they worked to find a job and they need to make money too! Oh and they sent me a box of the most delicious brownies in the world when I transitioned to my full time job as a congratulations.

Pros

Fantastic, hard working recruiters, have found me multiple freelance/contract/full-time gigs

Cons

Nothing really!

Hard to get assignments.

The agents were very accomadating at the start. But everything works through emails. There is so many entrles that I can never get a responce.

Creative Circle is amazing

I relocated from DFW to Chicagoland about five years ago and Creative Circle has always been my go to company for freelance and full time. Not only have they placed me in great paying contract positions as a designer, they have also sucessfully found me two full time positions in my field with remarkable companies, handling the negotiating process for me and gaining me the salary I requested. I cannot say enough good things for the women who recruit the Chicago area and subburbs. They always answered all my questions, helped me navigate which contract to choose and represented me very well. I must say this: being a designer is tough in a saturated marketplace. If you have a strong book and the right set of skills, they will call you and place you. And these days, using a recruiter betters your chances at job placement. Yes, they get a percentage from you, but it's well-deserved for all the legwork they do to place good, qualified workers. I see there are a lot of bad reviews out there, but my experience has always been really wonderful with CC. I worked onsite, from my home office, teamed with a writer, and now in a full time position with a company that had everything I was looking for. Thank you Caitlin, Hope and Amy for being simply awesome and professional to me over the years.

Pros

Flexible, quick to call with right position

Cons

Some contracts are short term

Jobs at Creative Circle

in Chicago, IL
See more jobs

The Creative Circle team is very energetic!

While employed as a contract employee with Creative Circle, I found their team to be pretty flexibility in assigning employees jobs that truly fit their professional experience. Also, everyone in the office; was very enthusiastic and always willing to go the extra mile.

Terrible

I've got 25+ years of experience, and have applied for work/jobs via Creative Circle for years.NOTHING. Who are the hacks they are getting to work for $10 an hour, also? Some of the most horrifyingly low wages I've ever seen. When I was on the other side, hiring freelance talent, my rep was useless. Always sending wordy, annoying emails short on actual content/information and long on personal details about her life that no one cares about. How are they still in business! I've never seen so many bad (and accurate!) reviews.

Cons

Should hand pick and know the people that are applying better

I have over 25 years experience in the design arena and I can not even getting nibble on even a graphic designer position. It seems chaotic and unorganized the way they work. Even after many emails asking why I didn't even get a chance at one of the positions they never reply back. They need some serious management changes...i am game! I will shape that ship up!

Pros

none that I can see

Cons

everything

Highly creative agency

Creative Circle LLC is an agency that specializes in pairing career-driven individuals with freelance/position-ready jobs daily. Jobs typically last anywhere between a day and several weeks, with some jobs offering long-term employment.

Pros

Daily job notifications

Cons

Times of lack of work

Great concept. but really it is CHUM.

I have a broad based background in print and web, big companies, big agencies, 16 years experience. Rather than hand pick candidates and match to positions...they send out a blanket email request. Like throwing chum in the shark waters. They get way too many replies and are unable to follow up. I am consistently placed with their competitors on well matched projects. Long-term, short-term and permanent placement...their competition just does it a LOT better and cares a lot more. They need to evaluate their business model. Companies have told me that they won't use them as placement because the candidates are not well matched.

Don't use Creative Circle if you can help it

Creative Circle is just another recruitment shop with a clever name that tries to sound hip and tries to think of themselves as part of the creative industry, but in reality they are not. It is run by a bunch of recruiter hacks who are at times unprofessional and seem to care very little about the talent they work with. No great surprise. Creative Circle should not be used if you have any brains or talent. Do your own marketing and avoid these leeches at all costs. Don't work with Creative Circle. Don't work with Creative Circle. Don't work with Creative Circle.

Pros

clever name

Cons

unprofessional, unfamiliar with creative industry.

Don't waste your time!

Worst Creative recruiters out there! I have 15 years of experience... very well rounded and good at what I do. I get plenty of repeat jobs through other recruiters, but mainly find work on my own. Been signed up w/ them for 2 yrs and have yet to get an interview or job! I used to apply instantly when I received a perfect job match for me and I would rarely get a real person response back and if I did it was one call and then I would NEVER hear about that job again.I'll get calls from many various CC recruiters for a week straight, they so-called submit me for jobs and then never hear from them again RE: that job. Nothing! I finally realized its complete and utter waste of time to even glance at their posted jobs, so don't! Trust me... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! There are plenty of other, better, smaller Chicago creative recruiters out there that WILL help you find work, follow up and pay you more!

Cons

too many to list :(

Over a year and no work, no interviews

I signed up with Creative Circle in Dec 2011. With over three years of experience in my field, I've only been called by them twice for positions they have never sent me on interviews for. I've answered their job positing emails immediately, particularly the ones I KNOW I'm very qualified for, even included a cover letter. Still I have never been sent on an interview. While I can't prove any thing, I strongly believe the staff discriminates based on age, gender and race. Perhaps not all three all the time, but I'm certain they do factor in those when picking candidates. Wouldn't waste my time with them if you're over 35 for sure, since most of the staff is under that age.

Friendly/Helpful Staffing Agency

The recruiters are always friendly and very helpful. They know me and are consistent in finding me good freelance work. I would definitely recommend them to someone look for work in the design field.

Pros

friendly, helpful

Cons

not always steady work available

Good work, inconsistent work

I understand the process of Creative Circle; employers send their requirements to Creative Circle, they send out emails to all involved, whoever sends their resume quickest and is most qualified gets the job. I had a hard time getting work with lack of experience. I was only able to require work 3 separate times from one company. I enjoyed what I did there, I just wished I was able to gain more experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss