Creative Circle

Creative Circle Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Creative Circle insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

productive

Provided administrative support including phone coverage, organizing meetings, travel & expenses, and calendar management Meet and greet guests Assisted in development process for original nonfiction content; Track pitches, research, generate ideas, and assisted in creating sales presentations

Good place to freelance for

Not bad, but having a one on one person to work with instead of answering mass emails for jobs would be better. Overall better than having no one assisting you in a job search.

they get you great freelance gigis

They are a joy to work with and make sure you are taken care of, they know your skills and only put you up for jobs they know you will do great at. You account reps get to know you and will reach out to you before they make jobs public.

The recruiters really look out for you.

This is a very good staffing agency. I've liked the clients I've worked with through them. The recruiters are very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job has been getting to copy edited for various clients.

Great way to get your feet in the door in creative field

Creative Circle is a recruiting firm that specializes in Advertising and Creative Agency placement. I highly recommend going through them if you are 1 fresh out of school or 2 looking to make a career shift (which was my situation). They can quickly get you experience through placing you in a myriad of work scenarios ie. in house client side or within an agency setting working on a load of different projects in many of the top industry sectors. This can be great if you are certain that you want to work as a creative but not so certain in what arena.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Productive and Fast paced

Truly the top creative staffing agency in the City with access to top clients, extremely fast paced, and very stringent about who they let through the door, great office culture, great team.

Good

Creative Circle is a temporary work agency for creatives. They have sent me on most of my jobs. I have found my representatives really great. The longer I work an assignment, the more I can receive perks, insurance, time off, etc.

Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City

Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City could because of the cut that CC takes on the top. The agents are nice and get back to you when they say they will. Agents have asked me technical advice. That is fine.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Drives down pay rate for all workers.

Productive and Competitive environment.

Creative Circle is a specialized staffing agency that connects innovative advertising, marketing, creative, digital, and interactive professionals with companies seeking talent on a full-time or freelance basis.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Competitive

Independent Contractor

Being an independent contractor/consultant with the Creative Circle, LLC, was a remote position. I worked with companies not based in the cities in which I lived.

Flexible work place

I have had the pleasure of working for Creative Circle for over 5 years. You will not find another bunch of people who balance passion and work performance so well.

Pros

flexible

Great Recruiters!

Very personable and helpful recruiters that are interested in your job placement. They also have a great signup process, convenient automated systems for employee services.

Pros

Great assignment durations

Cons

Recruiters take too long to get back to you

Dreadful rip-off scheme stay away

As many others have said here: this company doesn't deserve to be in business. Every freelancer is just a number to them and they will try to push your hourly rate down to a pittance of what you deserve and the value of your work you provide on a job, this way they can mark up your pay 200-300% and that's what the game is about. If you value yourself and have some self-respect stay away and let them go out of business. There are plenty of decent agencies around who will treat you well.

Pros

Not much at all

Cons

You will be treated with disrespect and paid a pittance

Bottom of market rates huge hacks

They are the worst of the worst as far as creative recruiters. They know next to nothing about the industry and suck a huge amount of the talents salary by charging below market placements. They have negatively impacted the business by expecting all creative talent to reduce their market rate and salaries. This is not the way to do business and if you are a creative do not support their industry destroying practices. They are taking a huge cut of your paycheck.

Pros

Non

Cons

Lower than any other recruiter job salaries and rates. Take talents money.

No Integrity, No Communcation, No Work, No Nothing.

Great start with phone conversation. Yes, we have plenty of work for you! Then they asked me to fill out all the forms on the website and I had to write a 1500 word report about myself. What the Gell is that? They really do nothing for you if your over a certain age. Once they found out that I have 15 years in the industry which my resume reflects, I've never heard from them again. It mucks donkey malls that little kids whom work here have your future in their hands and whom don't even know the industry. Save yourself time and frustration and do the old "Miracle Mile Walk". Plan out all the companies that are in your industry that you would like to work for, Grab your MALLS, and start going door to door and drop off your resume. It's easy, FUN and one could find out a lot about ones SELF while doing it. I just did it and got a Job in 2 days.! Gotta LOVE NYC BABY..!

A harmonious working relationship

It was a productive and creative working environment. I created and edited proposals and presentations in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I also had converted Adobe Illustrator files into presentations.

Pros

Job offers were via email.

Cons

At times projects were too short.

useless predatory business

zero ethics and professionality. wonder how they are still around. hirrible and uneffective communication. zero clue. basically you have people acting busy but doing nothing

Pros

Cons

the list is endless

Waste of time!!!

Applied for literally hundreds of "personalized" emails and not a single answer. Avoid at all cost! Waste of time! Scam!

Decent enough once you pay your dues

It's difficult to start getting booked, but once you have an agency or two that likes you and starts requesting you specifically, work becomes much more regular. (I'm speaking of editing/copywriting here; I can't speak of the graphics side). And while the hourly pay isn't superb, it's on par with what I'd be paid as a FT employee in my field.

Pros

Flexibility to work remotely with established clients

Cons

Agencies who book me can be super flaky

Recruiters and counselors are just using you for their own gain...

Okay, so when you're absolutely desperate and not able to find work on your own and your phone isn't ringing, it's worth banging your head against the wall to stay on top of the zillion emails they send you for jobs that you "might" be qualified for. In the old days, the staff knew you and your skills, and specifically called YOU for an assignment. With everything being automated these days, you are just a number--unless a client you've worked for happens to hate you. Then you have no number...you're a zero. BTW, you're always wrong no matter how right you are. Money is the only thing Creative Circle (NYC) values. It's only about their bottom line. Twenty years experience in a field means nothing to them; they'll still try to get you to work for the bottom of the range of pay so they can get the highest markup. But those of you who say these temp agencies are "stealing" money from you, remember that they are IN BUSINESS to make money. You can either work with them or do it on your own. Sadly, this particular agency has gotten too big for their britches and being professional and nice is a rarity. Go elsewhere. And about those emails to which you reply with your resume: it's a numbers game. This should not be your only resource for work.

Pros

Pay on time through direct deposit

Cons

Can be nasty, underpay you, and they try to fit square pegs into round holes

Waste of time!!!

This agency is a waste of time and the success rate of finding a job is very minimal. Not to mention their pay rate is horrible!! You might be better off looking on your own than wasting your time with this company.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Creative Circle.
Powered byComparably