Creative Dining Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun Environment!
Cashier, Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 13, 2018
Love the management. They are very friendly and are very favorable toward a work-school schedule. The people I've worked with are very professional, organized and helpful in carrying out tasks.
Very unprofessional environment
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 5, 2018
The management is very unprofessional. Would be a wonderful job if they was more organized and was on a more professional level. Besides the management great company
Good job, good company
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 20, 2018
It is an good company to work for. Management at this particular account could use some improvement. The hours are not long and the job is an easy one, but does require some physical work.
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, good pay.
Cons
Management at this account needs to improve.
Expanding company with lots of opportunity
Cook/Prep Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 17, 2018
Our workday is fast-paced and productive. We handle problems as they arise and generally don't run into trouble. We have weekends and holidays off which I really love and we basically eat for free.
Pros
Free food and paid time off
Cons
Facility maintenance can be an issue sometimes.
Great Vibe
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 16, 2018
The people that I worked within the company were very friendly and always willing to teach. The job at times was stressful but as long as you can adjust on the fly to customer's new requests then you will do great.
Not very fair
Front Line Server (Current Employee) –  Upland, INJune 3, 2018
A typical day would be a little busy, but not so busy that we're overwhelmed and each line is able to stay relatively full with 1 or 2 workers each. Since I started I've learned how to better communicate with the people that I worked with. Management started off decently, but keep to themselves and often different information from each supervisor gets mixed up with other staff, and aren't always positive, which motivates workers, and tend to do the easy jobs instead of helping a line that gets behind schedule.
Great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMay 14, 2018
The people you work with are some of the best around. It is like having another family. The students are the best part of the job. Being able to interact with them on a daily basis is what made the job special
Pros
Free meal
Great job for College Students!
STUDENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chadron, NEApril 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Creative Dining. I never planned to quit until I received an unexpected paid internship. When I went to put in my two weeks, they wanted to leave me on the payroll and two years later I continue to work here part time (not because I need the money, I just love the job)! It is very fast paced and a fun work environment.
Pros
Free lunch, great staff, fast paced
Cons
Long hours on your feet all day
It was a good temp.job
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2018
It was good for the short term, while I was in school. I enjoyed working with the chef who was my direct supervisor. I felt that upper management left a lot to be desired.
Pros
Free lunches
Great core values and good company to work for
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha MarketMarch 11, 2018
Great company to work for, kind of question motives of HR at times. Gave a lot of blood, sweat and tears for little recognition. Good support from Vp of operations. Loved this possition and loved the clients. Very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Great benefits with Creative. Fun work environment depending on the leadership.
Pros
Excellent Benifits, Good Pay, Mostly great people to work with.
Cons
Hr, not much work life balance
Creative Dining Services Inc,is a great Company for future Accomplishments.
Front Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMarch 9, 2018
Like on any job,go to work due your job.I promise you hard work brings great opportunity.If you can't work for this Company and have stability. It's you.
Pros
Great Benefits, Team work A+, Great Leadership
Cons
Need more over time workers, less workers that don't want to work.
Great place to work, and excell even more room to improve with in the job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MI 49464February 12, 2018
It is a Fun place to work, people are very nice, great atmosphere
the culture environment is great. I was able to learn a great deal about the job, people in general, especially the organization & company.
Amazing Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 29, 2018
As in any hospitality environment some days are more fast paced and stressful and others are slower pace and relaxed. The company has strong and valuable mission and value statements. The company strives daily to give employees the support, benefits, and quality life they deserve! Great benefits for the size of company! Not many companies offer bonus programs for hourly full time employees most just give bonus to upper management. 401K for all full time employees WITH employer match, that is unheard of these days! Paid sick, vacation, and holidays!!! Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for full time employees!!! While the insurance is pricey, it is still great that is offered and for the size of company with the risks that come with working in a kitchen environment benefits are going to be more expensive than other work environments with less risk. What a blessing to employees. Opportunities for advancement are always available, although relocation may be required. But, if an employee desires to move up there are definitely opportunities!
Pros
For my location working with our students is amazing!
Cons
None!
management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2018
I was getting yelled at and having my events go out late all the time because the chef didn't read her sheets correctly. They have gotten rid of that person since then but it just wasn't a nice place to work.
January 30, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience working for Creative Dining Services. We aim to have our services run smoothly, but unfortunately things do not always go as planned. We appreciate your feedback and will be bringing this information to our managers.

Ok company to work for, big lack of support for field managers
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at work includes a lot of stress and a lot of travel. There is not enough time in most days to complete required tasks as there is not much corporate support. Upper management have good ideas but not very good follow through. The company is very supportive of their employees in times of need. The hardest part of the position was the lack of support and the expectations of items to do. The most enjoyable part of the position was the clients and customers worked with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
low salary for expectations, lack of support from corporate team
January 30, 2018

We are disappointed to hear you do not feel corporate provides enough support. Our employees are of utmost importance to us. We will make sure to bring this to management’s attention. Thank you for your feedback.

worse place i ever worked
In charge of student workers (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2018
i was supposed to be in charge of the staff and when the job ws given i was told all the sudden the students were the same level as me and because of this it caused problems.
February 20, 2018

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working with us. We will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Fun place
Restaurant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 11, 2018
No longer in business. But I did enjoy the environment. I would go back if they offered more money. We had vacations just unpaid during school breaks. Met alot of people I still associate with today.
Pros
Free meal with 8 hour shift
Cons
Healthcare way too expensive
Wonderful atmosphere
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 8, 2018
I absolutely love my job and put all that i have into it. The most important thing i have learned from this job is patience. I love everyone that works for me, it feels like family.
January 30, 2018

We are so happy to hear you love your job! We have awesome employees and love to hear they feel like family. Thank you for your feedback.

Great Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 28, 2017
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow in this industry, Creative provides lots of options and locations. Benefits are great; health insurance is expensive but it is expensive everywhere. There are three health insurance options including a Health Savings Account. Quarterly bonuses are great!
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, opportunities to grow
Cons
Like all jobs in hospitality, it can be fast-paced and stressful at times
Pretty laid back enjoyable position.
Line Lead, First-Line Supervisors (Former Employee) –  Upland, INDecember 20, 2017
Typically this position involved serving meals in a college campus environment. Interacting with the students was enjoyable as well as other staff members. Very clean environment and low stress.
Pros
Free meals while on the clock.
Cons
Low wages and lack of benefits.