Creative Solutions in Healthcare

Creative Solutions in Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States111 reviews
Featured review
Creative Solutions in Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I have worked for Creative Solutions for over 4 years and I love this company!!! They are successfully growing by leaps and bounds but still operate like a small company.

Creative Solutions offers their facilities a wide range of support, ensuring their facilities are successful and can provide a high quality of care to all residents. Creative Solutions is an innovator in the skilled nursing home industry. The nursing home industry is constantly changing with new regulations and processes and Creative Solutions ensure that we are ahead of the game and train all of their employees on any changes that are coming so we are never operating from behind and trying to catch up to the standard. We set the standard for all nursing homes and nursing home companies. Creative Solutions other initiatives include a high standard of cleanliness with corporate support to achieve and maintain the standard. Our dietary departments cannot be beat. Most facilities under Creative Solutions are licensed to offer certified angus beef and have a higher raw food budget to provide high quality meals to our residents.

Creative Solutions has provided me the training, mentorship and support to help grow me into the employee I am today and I look forward to the opportunity to continue to grow with them.
This company was not always a bad place to work, however, when management changed so did my career choice. They targeted you, was mean and hateful to you if they did not like you. I know the place can be ran better than that! I have seen it! Get rid of that management team and start fresh!
Pros
The aides and nurses are amazing
Cons
Attitude received by management/no one to go to
Consistently understaffed. Low pay for experienced staff. Concerns regarding patient safety not addressed. Communication regarding important issues not given in a consistent and dependable manner.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Poor communication
Started with a different company until Creative bought them out. This company doesn’t truly care about their staff or residents. They only care about making money. Always understaffed, & the little staff they do have are unappreciated. Pay & benefits aren’t enough for all of the work you do. The corporate nurses are lazy. They would rather hire hospitality aides to do CNA work because it’s cheaper. When you start there, they ask you to go leave a good review to try to drown out the real reviews. Stay away from this place!
Pros
Differential pay
Cons
Understaffed, bad management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Our hours got cut due to low resident census. Company expects you to do 2x as much work in less than 1/2 time. Pay is awful. The residents are great though! Corporate MGT treats you badly if you're at the bottom. If you're currently working here, look for a better job!!! If you're looking for a job, avoid this place!!! Benefits are a joke!!! A dead cockroach is too good for this place!!!
Pros
Residents.
Cons
Disrespectful management, lousy pay, fill in the blanks
Terrible company to work for they dont care about their employees.
Management is the buildings is a nightmare staff fight and dont get along.

Staff do what they want in the building no one holds them accountable for their actions NO respect at all. Turn over is Big in this company no one wants to stay .. management only follows policy and procedures when it is to their benefit, . Favoritism is allowed and encouraged. Don't be a whistleblower, you will be terminated!
Cons
This company took over a facility I was working at, and right away it was very rocky. Their overall attitude was "this is the Creative Solutions way, get on board or get out", which I can understand to a certain extent " Until paychecks were either missing, completely wrong reflecting no overtime and incorrect hours worked, or bounced. The employees sent from Cooper to assist HR is transitioning all employees to Creative Solutions employees began rated everyone and making a list of who needed to be conveniently "not carried over" aka fired right away. Cooperate micromanages to the extent that the in house management looks like complete jokes and nothing more than glorified babysitters. They expect their nurse managers to cover all open shifts even if that means that manager will be awake for well over 24 hours. If said manger voices concern about being one person caring for approximately 40+ residents with one or no CNA, then their job is threatened and/or the regional nurse will find any little reason such as a missed teleconference (missed because the manager was covering the floor) or an unread email to start the write up process with the end goal of termination. The benefits......its an insult to even call them benefits. They are ridiculously overpriced and you have to wait one full year until any coverage kicks in. I have never written a bad review in my entire life until now. I can not say or describe enough what a horrible, inhumane, degrading, disgusting abomination this company truly is.
Pros
No one single pro
Cons
Every aspect of this company can be labeled a con at least, and thats being generous
I have worked with a facility for this company for a year. Though they have good benefits they are a hard bender of rules. When I was a hospitality aid I was asked constantly to change people. We began classes the first time and where ended half way due to “our grades not being satisfactory” even though I was making 80’s-90’s . We did classes again and finally finished them. I am just overall not happy with the management or the fact I did CNA things for not CNA pay.
Pros
Comes with insurance, a benefit of paying for a portion of med school, learn so many things
Cons
Is kind of a hard job, back pain all the time, loved the residents.
I enjoy working with my staff they are the best, Creative Solutions is the best company I have worked for the corporate staff are always there when needed
.They dont care about employees. This place discriminates. When you bring things to their attention you get blown off. Not a good place to work. Only good thing is sweet residents
Pros
Sometimes you get good help
Cons
Everything about that place
My time with this company was something I never repeat. Severely short staffed. The workers are over worked and under paid. The staff are wrote up for everything. But yet they wonder why they have no staff. The benefits are way too expensive. Totally unaffordable. Corporate is a joke. You can voice your concerns to them, but nothing is ever done!! This job and experience was a struggle.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Short staff, low pay, expensive insurance
This company as a whole is not supportive of their employees. The training is horrible if any at all. There is no compassion towards the families or residents. The management team is horribly unprofessional, the most being the administrator. Just ask the floor staff. This place does not care.
Pros
Some nurses
Cons
Graham Oaks doesn't care about their employees at all. Corporate ran off all the good employees and more are quitting everyday. DONT WORK HERE. They are constantly admitting new residents and dont have the staff to care for them. Agency is in the building daily and they don't chart or pass their meds. HR picks on people she does not like and her maintenance husband is trying to sleep with everything that walks. Marketing director only cares about herself and forgets that she is a nurse unless she is trying to get into your business. Nobody listens to the issues on the floor and we are ignored constantly. Zero appreciation to the employees who work hard for the residents.
Pros
Cons
Hateful staff, No consequences, Staff ignored, Residents not cared for
FRANKLIN NURSING HOME IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK!!
I have been in long term care all my life and hope that this message will at least get you to take a look at this company. They are doing amazing work building new state of the art assisted livings and skilled nursing homes. During the last few months many people have asked me how I have kept doing this job? The answer is pretty simple; I am blessed enough to work at Franklin Nursing Home with an outstanding team managed by Creative Solutions in Healthcare. Franklin Nursing Home is a great place for those who want to be apart of an experienced group of employees. We have CNAs and Nurses who have been working here over 30 years. As for the rest of the department head leadership seniority range more than 25 years.
Pros
LVN to RN Bridge Program, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Ad&d, Std, Critical Illness, Hospital Confinement, Whole and Term Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Immediate 401(k)
Cons
Pay scale
Infighting and backstabbing was a daily obstacle course. Department heads are decent people with some exceptions. Management was POOR! Very political and threatening.
This company prides themselves in being the best in texas. And I'm sure that in certain areas they are. However the regional and interim staff that I have encountered are always looking for the negative. Everyone of us has room to grow if the environment is a positive one. The companies model is based on the Christian belief " do onto others" a far cry from what I've witnessed.
If following strict rules is something you can’t do don’t work here. It’s a good job people are friendly and work is always needed. The residents are mostly happy to talk to you makes you feel like home.
I enjoyed my co workers and my salary was great. But the benefits were horrible. The medical insurance was expensive. Most employees don’t get a pto until a year. Administration staff have to work holidays. And they do not offer direct deposit. In order to receive your check you have to go to a mandatory meeting at 2pm bi weekly.
Official response from Creative Solutions in Healthcare
March 24, 2020
We're so glad to hear that you did enjoy your employment at one of our facilities! We disappointed that you did not feel our benefits were substantial enough. Some facilities, though not all, do offer direct deposit. We are always looking for ways to improve, if you have any other recommendations please contact our corporate hotline at 866-391-6123.
The location in graham, Tx is the WORST company I have ever worked for. The DON & ADON is a joke!! The staff is encouraged to bully and the ADON thinks it’s funny and calls one particular LVN GHETTO for her behavior. No one is reprimanded for anything. The corporate office is never available to take complaints and the administer doesn’t take action against the DON or ADON EITHER
Official response from Creative Solutions in Healthcare
March 24, 2020
We're sorry to see that you did not have a positive experience working in one of our facilities. We understand that not all team members will always work well together. We appreciate your honest feedback. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, we ask that you call our Corporate Hotline at 866-391-6123.
Great corporate support for any needs. Good reputation in the community. Promotes from within. Excellent training given, and continued support for any additional needed and ongoing.
A day at sunflower park is very exciting. I love the residence. The first thing I do is make the coffee. They get so happy when I bring they coffee out. Then I cook them breakfast . Then lunch.