Creative Solutions in Healthcare Employee Reviews

Don't work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 3, 2019
Typical work days are very long. No staff and the staff they do have are overworked. Direct care staff are written up for EVERYTHING! Favoritism to certain employees. Benefits are too expensive. Pay is too low for all the work they expect. Management could care less about it's employees. Great residents though. Just a horrible work environment
Pros
Great residents
Cons
short staff all the time, low pay, expensive benefits
March 11, 2019

We're very sorry to see your review. We value our direct care staff greatly, as we know that they are responsible for the care of our residents. If you have any recommendations on how we can improve the employee experience we ask you to contact our Corporate Hotline at 866-391-6123.

Horrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 12, 2019
Owner of company encourages staff members to not follow chain of command. Administrator is left out of decisions regarding staffing and other important decisions. Will fire you over a disgruntled employees' hotline complaint, without follow-up. Was not told why I was being fired until I discussed with TWC, then it was too late to tell my side of story.
STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible corporate climate
February 25, 2019

Our owner and CEO takes a personal involvement at our facilities because he wants to ensure we are providing the best care possible to our residents. We value our open-door policy. We want all of our staff to have a voice and feel supported by our corporate office. If you have any further questions about your employee file, or ideas on how we can improve, please contact our corporate hotline at 866-391-6123.

Poor employeer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 11, 2019
This not a good place to work. 6000K employees and no direct deposit. Very poor HR guidelines, with a lack of employee trust. CEO would never follow the chain of command and would usurp the Administrators authority all the time.
Pros
Has many locations
Cons
Very poor executive management.
February 13, 2019

We’re sorry to see that you had a poor experience working with our company. Payroll management is a top priority to us. While some of our facilities do not have direct deposit, we take great care to ensure that all of our employees are paid on time. Our owner takes personal responsibility for resident care. His direct involvement in facility operations is a point of pride for us. If you have any recommendations on how we can improve, we invite you to contact our Corporate Hotline at 866-391-6123.

Granbury Care Center
nursing department (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TexasJanuary 22, 2019
Granbury Care Center is not a good place to work if you are a slacker or are looking for a place to "hang out" and get a pay check. But if you take pride in your work, have high expectations of yourself and your coworkers and keep the residents a priority, this is an awesome place to be. The management team expect the best of you for the hours you are at work and encourage you to relax when you are off work. I wouldnt want to work any where else. They not only offer the standard benefits but they also offer tuition reimbursement, discounts on shopping, and uniform allowance that can be debited from your payroll check. The focus is doing the right thing and providing exceptional customer service and the standard is high. If you are exceptional, you will love it. If you are a below average worker, you will not be happy at GCC.
Pros
high expectations and great customer service
Cons
busy, fast paced.
Great place to work and grow
Corporate Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2019
I have worked at Creative Solutions in Healthcare for 8 years now. I am as committed today as I was the first day I arrived. Do we have hard days, yes we do. Do we have busy days, oh yes we do. What makes the hard, busy days work is the team you get to do it with. That is the AWESOME part of Creative Solutions. We have shared values and shared commitment to resident care. Everyone has a shared work ethic and core belief that we need to make it better every day. I look forward to 8 more years with Creative Solutions In Healthcare.
Pros
Teamwork
Horrible place to work
Ex employee / so called department head (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I have never worked in a place so horrible. The pay is horrible
The ADON and the cna transportation aide are horrible to people who r not in their click. The rules only apply to employees who don’t hang out with them. The staff r constantly back stabbing each other. The residents are not a priority by any means. Residents have to beg for help and then the staff talk horribly about them. Corporate are horrible and pick at the staff non stop. The pay is not worth the headache and stress. The only good thing about this place is the residents. They can’t keep staff horrible turn over. The pay is horrible and the so called benefits are a joke. The insurance is so expensive you can’t afford it. I would think long and hard before working here. Don’t let the promises fool you they say anything to get u hired and not stand by their word. Run, run far away
Pros
The residents
Cons
Low wages, benefits r a joke, horrible staff
January 28, 2019

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience working in one of our facilities. Resident care is our number one priority. If there is anything that we can do to improve this, please contact our Corporate Hotline at 866-391-6123.

Dishonest company. Retaliation is the name of the game.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook Residence and Rehabilitation CenterJanuary 4, 2019
Worked three weeks as a DON and was walked out of the building when I discussed with the VP of Nursing about the lack of supplies to take care of a resident and the lack of training for nurses to take care of the trachea resident, lack of pads for defibrillator, filthy floors and resident rooms. The nurses and staff did not have gloves. The list goes on and on! Yes, they walked the DON out of the bldg before me. The administrator micromanages every department and makes nursing decisions. Problem is that she isn't a nurse! She makes age discrimination remarks about me and constantly tried to bring me down in front of her employees. This was allowed by corporate. All was sanctioned by corporate. After 46 years of nursing, I was told I did not do my job, did not teach the staff, etc. In three weeks, I was suppose to do everything not done in 8 months. When I was walked out I was told that I complained so I was terminated. This is without a doubt the poorest excuse of a company I have ever been associated with. I have NEVER been fired nor told I did not do my job. Missed a day of work and was threatened to be terminated. Have pictures of black mold in my office and throughout the building. I asked if someone could bleach the walls in my office as I was staying sick. I was told to remove the wall paper and replace the sheet rock!!!
Everyone must make their own decision as to taking a job offer but I highly encourage you to think about this company. I have documentation and can prove everything in this post. I am not posting this because I am disgruntled. I am posting became of
  more... others that will face the same situation.
PS: You get 2 days a year PTO as a staff nurse and 7 days a year as a DON PTO. They do not inform you of this until after you are hired. I did not get orientation except 35 minutes. I had a consultant come in but the only thing he accomplished was to set up my printer that I bought. In three weeks corporate never called back to connect me to a printer. Never again will I furnish my own office and supplies!
Excuses always readily available.
To end this post, you can terminate employees and retaliate against them but you need to make sure that your facts are accurate when you write your "legal" termination action. The employee may have their own proof as well.
Future employees please review the survey reports and you will have your answer on taking a position.
Pros
None seen
Cons
See long statement
January 28, 2019

We're very sorry that you did not feel supported by your administrator or corporate staff in your time working here. We work to create the best environment for both our residents and our staff. If you would like to elaborate on your experience or give ideas for improvement we encourage you to contact our Corporate Hotline at 866-391-6123.

Horrible, volatile place to work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 17, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE, save yourself the stress and headache, if you take any issues to management they don't do anything about it. They play favorites and will get rid of who they don't want there. If you bring up anything concerning residents care you are retaliated against. Corporate is no help either they retaliate against you for calling the hotline and then after that your a target. Corporate let's your supervisor know that you called. No confidentiality at!!! They do not care about their staff or residents that's why the turnover is so bad. Someone should really investigate this place.
Pros
The residents
January 28, 2019

We're sorry to see that you did not have have a positive experience working at one of our buildings or working with our corporate staff. We take our Corporate Hotline calls very seriously. We complete a full investigation for each call to determine the nature of the complaint and the best course of action. This process typically involves the supervisor to provide more insight on the situation or to make the changes deemed necessary Resident care is our number one priority. If you have any feedback on how we can further improve our care for our residents we urge you to call our Customer Care Line at 866-391-6123.

wonderful place
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 13, 2018
the company is phenominal. i left because i thought the grass was greener but unfortunately i was incorrect in my deduction. the owners are a blessing and work we'll w patients and staff
great job for someone interested in healthcare
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2018
Awesome experience for interns looking for work experience with health care. Learn a lot about medicine, anatomy, and the aging process. Management was okay, things were run pretty tight.
Pros
satisfying career
job very challanging
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXAugust 30, 2018
creative solutions has culture change menus easy to follow and very good to work with it has a lot of good benefits and they pay for your national meetings yearly and also pay for out cdm certification yearly management is very good and helpful the owner is very involved with all his facilities and staff I would highly recommend a position with this company
Pros
they pay for your certifications yearly
Cons
you get qtrly bonuses for staying in budget
I love working here
Director of Social Media (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2018
This company is absolutely amazing. Management cares about all of its employees and gives unparalleled level of support to staff. They give you the tools you need to succeed, and don't micro-manage. I've never had a job with such great work/life balance. Everyone, all the way up to our CEO, cares about the well-being of our residents. I cannot say enough good things about this company.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 19, 2018
I had to move away but I recommend GCC to anyone. It used to be kinda bad but there’s new managers and they’re awesome. People used to be afraid to talk to the administrator and the workers were gossiping and ugly but now there’s a new don that really cares and a administrator that listens.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not close enough to me
My Concerns
Health & Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 27, 2018
I feel that the facility I worked provided the best care in the area. The issue was not the management in the building it was the corporate management. I feel like I was the scapegoat for a business deal with the owner and a bank loan. Someone had to go, so it was me.

Very sad
Pros
Facility Staff & residents
Cons
Corporate
Wonderful culture
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2018
CSNHC is an incredible company with a great culture. You truly feel valued and respected by your superiors and most in the corporate office. Having now worked for another organization for around 2 years, I would return to Creative Solutions in a heart beat if an opportunity in my area came available.
Pros
Great culture, treated well, competitive salary
Fun workplace
Interim Administrator (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 4, 2017
My ADO is the best in the West. No pun intended. Very balanced person. My Compliance Nurse is very focused, detail-oriented, and highly organizational. Second to none!
Pros
Much Corporate support, Paid birthday, staffing with acuity and census
Cons
Holidays not paid
I'd rather be on fire before working here
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 30, 2017
(Whisperwood)This company is a complete joke, they only thing they care about is money, the residents are not of upmost concern. You can complain about an issue and nothing gets done, the pay is horrible for the amount of work done and management is always threatening to write people up for stuff outside of their control. Continuous meetings about the same "issues" but nothing is ever done, employees voice their opinions and concerns but nothing is done about that either. All you'd be is someone to work so they won't have to. Forever short-handed because most people in this industry know to steer clear of this company. Don't let the offer benefits fool you, unless you can afford to have one full check a month go to paying for them.
Pros
Residents and most co-workers
Cons
Unaffordable benefits, unprofessional management staff
Horrible
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
Over-all horrible place to work. Creative is not a good company to work for. Turn over is high and very little support from administration. The orientation was horrible and you are basically thrown on the floor regardless of what you know or don’t know
Inexperianced admin
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasAugust 18, 2017
Corporate is helpful but admin is unprofessional. Department heads are polite and try their best to work as an efficient team. Hr is very productive and successful.
Non-caring Company/Hostile Work Enviroment
Staff (Former Employee) –  texasAugust 4, 2017
During orientation, they say they place the resident first. Not true. The management refers to residents as "heads in the beds".
Administrator is friends with the owner so is allowed to do as she pleases. Recommendations to administrator go unanswered even when it would better the residents and employees.
Workplace culture is not good. No employees appreciation program even when suggested. High turnover all departments.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, poor benefits, not enough staff, get fired for no reason

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Solutions in Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.