Credible Behavioral Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

A bad place
Partner Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 7, 2018
Check glassdoor - The place is extremely toxic.

I was worried about getting fired every day. Whether this occurs or not is dependent on the subjective opinion of the EVP. This is not based on anything measurable.

Avoid at all costs.
benefits
Cons
Many things.... check glassdoor
Productive and great software
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 5, 2017
Great place to be and even more rewarding to know you're making a difference. I joined the company 2 years ago hand have had both success and growth that's allowed me to solidify my desire to stay in healthcare.
Unreasonable work demands
Partner Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 24, 2017
Good experience, but not a fit for me. Quality suffered due to unreasonable workload demands. The company needs a significant employee increase before upper management adds even more demands that are not achievable.
High Tech and Explosive Growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 2, 2016
A growing company with leadership that knows where they want to go and how they plan to get there. That means we're driven and questioned and pushed our of our comfort zones more than most places. But the challenges and rewards are great.

With a mix of local and remote employees great effort is made to include and keep everyone on the same page. Twice a year corporate retreats as well as local hosted events make sure there is plenty of interaction and a chance to collaborate and build connections.

Perfect? Nope. Better than most? Absolutely! And making a difference in the behavioral health field for patients and clients is an added bonus you can end the day with.
Pros
Incredible team of people working hard to advance software to serve the Behavioral Health market, Hard work and commitment to results are rewarded, Best benefits ever from health care and gym reimbursements to 401k and stock options
Cons
Just showing up won't cut it. Always evolving and growing so change is a constant.
The Office
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 29, 2016
The most dysfunctional company I have ever worked at. The turnover is crazy. The CEO and his next in command fires employees on a whim, which leaves everyone else wondering who might be next. They tightly control every aspect of the company, leaving seasoned managers feeling un-empowered and un-leveraged. The Maclyn dysfunction is so absurd, it’s almost comical. Like a really entertaining episode of “The Office” on steroids. Except it’s real. And impacts good people.
Pros
Good benefits. I like my team. Nice trips but you share a room.
Cons
Oh so dysfunctional.
Software company going places.
Partner Services (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 6, 2015
Tech companies are not for everyone and Credible is no exception. If you have a strong personality and desire to succeed in an atmosphere of constant change or growth then the rewards are potentially high. If you simply want to punch a clock and have your day defined for you minute by minute then you'll be frustrated and miserable.

Benefits and compensation are some of the best I've ever seen. An incredible staff that looks out for and encourages each other on a regular basis. And an "unreasonable" owner who pushes us to be #1 as individuals and a company.
Pros
Great team mates.
Cons
Always more to do.
Honest review
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 5, 2015
Any reviews about this company that are positive I would take with a grain of salt. This company has to be the worst company I've ever worked for. If your looking to move forward in your career in technology I would stay far away. Due to the limitations of certain managers your skill set will not grow. The turn over rate at Credible is extremely high. You could be called in a morning meeting only to find out that 8 people were let go at once. Leaving you worried about your job, never to find out the truth of what really happened. You attend 2 boring off sites a year, you have to pay for the air fair and hotel stay. The only good thing I can stay about Credible is the compensation and benefits are great. If your looking to get paid this company is the place for it. Other than that look elsewhere if your concerned about Job security.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Fickle management and high turnovers
Credible has been a great place to work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 14, 2015
During my time with Credible, I have seen and experienced myself management promoting from within the company. I see regular evaluation of processes and employees in an attempt to improve the company.

Credible is a growing company, so it is fast-paced and ever changing. Some thrive in that environment (like myself), some don't and move on, which is okay. If you stay, though, you will have fantastic benefits. We have free access to a health and wellness coordinator who will create workouts for you, help with diet, etc. There is also a gym reimbursement if you attend often enough. We can go back to school and be provided with some financial assistance with that depending on the degree, cost and willingness to stay on with Credible post degree. And those are just a few of the great benefits.

With Credible, I have gotten to travel to places that I likely wouldn't have gone otherwise. Because we have remote employees, management has made it a priority to bring us all together at various time to train and meet. Those experiences are very beneficial and a lot of fun.

I have met some amazing people during my tenure with Credible. It is a team atmosphere and a culture where your coworkers are willing to jump in a help you. The synergy here is fantastic.

I highly recommend working at Credible. You will learn. You will have fun. And you will be part of an amazing team.
Pros
company trips, great benefits, health and wellness coordinator, fair salary, amazing coworkers
very similar to other reviews rated under 2 stars on this review page
administration (Former Employee) –  MDFebruary 8, 2015
Very high turn over- both voluntary and involuntary. Directionless and somewhat unprofessional management. Based upon what others have written (with 1 or 2 star) with regard to this company, they are sadly totally correct. Zero regard for life outside of work. No regard for family or personal lives. Very sad.
Pros
good pay
Cons
turnover, favoritism, unprofessionalism, life/work balance
It's better than unemployment
Multiple (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 2, 2014
I was not a person who read reviews when I hired at Credible, and I regretted it the entire time I worked there. The reviews are completely accurate, even though they are up to a year old. The only difference is the "special assistant" is now a VP. The company has a ridiculously high turn over rate (over 25%), and it is largely because they abuse their staff and mismanagement is rife. There is a steady 10-15% looking for jobs while working here, which is not something I had encountered in my previous 10 years of experience. Don't believe the financials or "benefits" touted by the HR and management teams, either. It is better than being unemployed, but that plus the front-level staff having hearts of gold is all that is going for this company.
Pros
Staff care about each other
Cons
Senior management, poor work/life balance, little acknowledgement for efforts
An honest and objective review
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  RockvilleNovember 14, 2014
I started working at Credible almost two years ago and I still have mixed feelings about the company. I think that there are some really nice and smart people there. Salary is decent. Good benefits. Ok work life balance. Great perks.

It's still growing, there is a high turnover rate. I think that management is really trying to improve things and there has been some real improvements within the company and the software, but I honestly think that most of the employees there refuse to see anything past the assumed relationship between the CEO and the "special assistant." (Granted, I do believe that they are right about the relationship.)

Lots of rumours and gossiping can be a distraction and keeps everyone on edge about who is going to leave next. Great distrust of Management - I think this is in part because of the reviews on here and that new employees are immediately cautioned by their new coworkers "don't trust such-and-such." I think also because Management is always very secretive about the different things going on within the company and doesn't like releasing control and allowing the employees hired for a position to actually do their job.

That said, I do think that in time things will continue to improve. Credible is still a relatively young company that has achieved massive growth in a short span of time. There will always be growing pains. It will take some time before Management learns to trust their employees and employees learn to trust Management - no matter what's going on behind closed doors.

I think the issues there are not unique to Credible-
  more... every workplace has its issues. It's just magnified at Credible because of this them v. us attitude that both employees and management has.

Would I advise anyone to accept a position at Credible? It depends on your situation. If you are sitting comfortably at your current job thinking that it's time for a change and a new experience- Credible ain't it for you. The company is still growing and trying to find its way, chances are you will get frustrated and won't be comfortable here for too long.

But if you are out there looking for work maybe because you are currently unemployed or because of issues at your current job, then I would say sure. It's a good job, steady income, benefits, etc. You can't do any worse than you're currently doing. And chances are that wherever you end up you will find similar issues of distrust of management, high turnover rate, etc.

Summary: It's an ok company like most places. There will be days of frustration. There will be days of ease. Just do your job, your part in helping to improve things and if in the end you realize that it's not for you, then it's not - move on.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, company trips
Cons
Distrust of management
Work at home. Corporate is questionable.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 16, 2014
Great work at home if they still have it. Corporate culture is very dysfunctional.
It should be illegal to treat people this way
Employee (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 27, 2014
I realize this may sound like sour grapes from a disgruntled employee. However, please heed this review and, if you do apply for a job at this company, go in with your eyes open.

This company (listed on Indeed under various names including Credible Wireless, Credible Inc, and Credible Behavioral Health) exemplifies abusive management practices. Employee privacy, mental health, worklife balance, and personal respect are ignored completely. Turnover for most positions is rapid, as people are fired without warning and without being given any chance to learn or execute the tasks they were hired to perform.

Simply put, this is a company in crisis. The executive team views the widespread and systematic failings in the company and its software as the fault of the staff. Instead they should look at the one constant in the equation: their incompetent leadership. Employees are hired, given no direction or training, conflicting instruction, abused for failing to follow non-existent policies, and then fired.

Do not take a job with this company. The compensation and benefits package may look appealing, but it is in no way worth the treatment you will be subjected to. You'd be better off working for half the pay at another company.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment, incompetent and cruel leadership, insane work hours, abusive supervisors
Poor Management - Remote or Office Employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 15, 2013
Where should I start? I was hired and quickly began a new search for employment. I was placed in the Maryland office, moved to the second location and hated the office environment from that point on. The special assistant which everyone has a particular review online has gained so much control and oversees mostly all departments even though she's only good at doing one thing which is keeping the CEO happy. Young and nearly unknowing of company structures or management, she demeans and belittles everyone in each department. She is controlling and fails to understand the levels of management. Initially the CEO explains the structure of his company and brags about 10 million dollar profits, yet invest no interest in employees. The special assistant which I might add is certainly special in other ways to the CEO makes mostly all decisions in the company.

The company fails to have a proper human resource department, managers, and shows little to no interest in the partners which they serve. The system is entirely too old and lacks many features needed to assist partners. Everyday work included responding and assisting partners with issues and complaints. The entire department was new and clueless as to how to respond and lacked customer service skills. Be prepared to track every single minute of your day and be counseled if a second of your day is not accounted for. LITERALLY you must track your time for the day and submit this to management by the close of business.

The pay and benefits are ok since they must stay competitive with other companies. Prior to accepting any
  more... offer from this company, review the following reviews from former and current employees. Not to show that they are disgruntle but to reveal the level of mismanagement conducted at the company no matter which department you seek employment. I honestly feel that the company could advance if they slowed down the outrageous updates which they consider to be "releases" since in return they cause a high level of stress to employees to learn and fix the bugs.

If you seek work life balance...RUN!! The company requires you to work long hours (12 hours a day) and dedicate all your life to a insane mission. They have multiple off-sites and partner events. These things are REQUIRED and added events that pop up late in the day are also REQUIRED of you to attend.

Overall, the employees in all departments are stress and overwhelmed. Consider twice no matter which department either if your working remotely from off-site locations/home or at any of the in-office locations.
Pros
Travel events
Cons
pay, benefits, management, instruction, customer service, pto
Good Experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 16, 2013
Solving customer software issues through task tickets and weekly call w/ customers
Learned a very complex software system in a short amount of time (3 months); I'm really good at customer support and enjoyed getting the opportunity to learn this type of work
My direct manager was excellent to work for. He has a lot of knowledge about this software and very flexible and easy going. He really cared about his team.
My co-workers were all really talented people and I enjoyed working w/ all of them. We worked well together and played off each others strengths.
Losing my job although I was doing an excellent job and my customers were happy.
The team I worked w/ made going to work every day enjoyable and I miss all of them.
Pros
flexible hours, annual trips, free lunches, great environment
Cons
ceo didn't believe in his team and has single-handedly destroyed the company