Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews

Walk away
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 20, 2019
When I started this job I loved it! I was told I picked the job up fast and I was confident in my position. Then the department hired a Director and that’s when everything changed.
My supervisor was promoted and the Director came to me and said I’m being moved to a new team. From that point forward I was harassed daily by my new supervisor who smokes with employees. What a professional!! She harassed me to the point I could not perform my job. The Director listened to this manager over the others. It stressed me to the point I couldn’t perform my job at the level I was performing when I was hired in.
I clearly could see what was happening here and it’s disgusting that these are the type of people they want at this company. The Supervisor could not do anything on her own had to go through the Director.
I felt that I could not go to HR or anyone else in this company to discuss what was happening.
Pros
That I’m not there!!!!
Cons
Management changes what they say / want
Asset Procurement (Former Employee) –  SouthfieldMarch 19, 2019
One week it was this, the next week it's that. then out of no where, boom. The job I was hired into felt like it was a dead end, first week there I questioned why they even hired me, and why the person already there needed someone else. Very simple, basic middle school education level job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Boring, corporate BS, doesn't change lives.
Na
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 11, 2019
Not good not good not good not good would recommend at all under any circumstances .. sch was not right. Long tiring hours i would recommend or go back again
Fun and beneficial
Frontend Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 25, 2019
Really a great place to work no complaints, flex time was a plus especially if you have children you can make your own hours as long as you get 8hrs. Management was very knowledgeable and helpful
Pros
Bonuses and profit sharing
Cons
Dealing with rude customers
Company is great
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
I liked working with everyone at this employer however the job at hand was difficult because it felt like you had to take a lot of abuse from the customers and you had to be patient and calm while customers weren't nice to you. The staff and mangers were all very professional and nice and the hours were always flexible and the pay was great.
Terrible Place to Work in Tech
Associate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 29, 2018
NOT a great place to work in tech

The company tries to land itself on all the "great places to work" lists and will promote them endlessly. You end up with gimmicks like ice cream trucks or "popcorn Fridays" but when it comes to real positive features they miss the boat. Also, while these perks might be good for a call center, etc. they are NOT good compared to other tech companies.

Total lack of innovation. Any discussion of new ideas is shot down immediately.

Very, very old technology.

They do not listen to new people. Must be there 5+ years before anyone cares what you have to say.

Extremely opposed to working from home AND flexible schedules. Also rely heavily on meetings.

Stay far, far away if you are a developer .
Pros
Nice facility, good healthcare benefits
Cons
Old fashioned management, no flex time, no work from home, too many meetings, no innovation, outdated technology
Stay away
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 23, 2018
This company do not give new employees the opportunity to meet goals. Stay AWAY as soon as you do not meet your goal in the first 2 months you are FIRED
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
they do not care about their employees
Great company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 6, 2018
I would recommend working here to anyone just wish the pay was higher. The flexibility is amazing and the managers are great listeners. Fun working environment
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Call handle time
Good Place To Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 6, 2018
This is a good place to work with a fair wage, good benefits and plenty of discounts available. Flexible scheduling and they take seriously their Forbes Great Places To Work ranking and constantly looking for ways to improve.
Don’t do it
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 28, 2018
They don’t like when your a good collector making large bonuses! The management team is horrible. . You can be the best collector and they pull pick on you with little things to get your Fired. It’s no one you can go to and talk to about anything . There’s no job security there. They only like people who they can walk over and treat them like bull. If you speak up you get fired
Pros
Pay, schedule
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Front End Collector (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 8, 2018
Great place to work, very cultured environment. Management are very helpful and knowledgeable. Typical workday is receiving income and outgoing calls, taking one time payments and setting up recurring billing. The hardest part about the job is getting a back to back angry caller from the dialer. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make more money on a daily basis.
not for long term
Market Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2018
We worked very independently we had goals to hit unfortunately they were not market specific so the west coast was trying to hit the same goals as the east coast without the population
for the most part this is a good company and they are trying to hit some very big targets
Pros
great bennifits
Cons
unrealistic goal setting
Stressful environment with no managers that can’t manage
Dealer Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2018
People were frequently crying after leaving their personal development meetings. Management doesn’t have a full understanding of what the people under them are actually doing. Lack of communication between departments makes process changes difficult and stressful.
Pros
Work life balance, often times get free food
Cons
Stressful while their, management
Great place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2018
I loved working for Credit Acceptance. There were plenty of incentives to keep the staff interacting with the goals of the Company. They do not tolerate negativity to take control of the Company. They will root is out, so to speak. But I had a great time there and wish they had more opportunities here in Las Vegas, for something other than Customer Service and Collections, such as accounting, HR (more than 2 positions), as well as other positions that are available in the Michigan home office locations.
Pros
Fun, Incentives for reaching goals
Cons
Not much advancment opportunity for someing outside of Collections/ CSRs, Seniors and Sups
credit acceptance is an amazing company to work for they really take care of thier employee's
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work at credit acceptance is handling over 100 calls a day. I also work the escalation line for customers that are upset over what issues they are having with contract's or vehicles. Hardest part of my job is de-escalation our customers complaints but it's also nice to hear how I was able to help them before the call ended, Credit Acceptance has a family type environment work place. I enjoy the people I work with and management is always there to assist when needed.
Pros
credit acceptance has quaterly profit sharing and holiday pay for years worked
Cons
i want to futher my talent in customer sevice
Things have changed
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 21, 2018
Much has changed since I've worked for tis Company. During my time there, they were updating the Corporate office to include Sleep rooms and state of the Art updates.
Handle average 200+ inbound and/or outbound calls per day
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2018
Provide customer service, assist customers with obtaining knowledge about their Auto loan using an auto dialer telephone system and navigated through multiple computer applications to provide the best solution for customers.
Na
Senior Front End Collections (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 21, 2018
typical day consist of coming in for the day checking on your productivity for the week, began taking calls. Calls can either be to make/break/change or cancel arrangements.. Anything above those calls are either supervisor or different department., Some calls come in about INS, Kill switch device on car that may need to be restarted. all call are different. Hardest part of the job is trying to prevent your self from doing more than you are capable of. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your hear a customer actually appreciate and thank you for what you have helped them with . Work environment is by far the most comfortable and loving office i have ever worked for. Great idea for work activities and work fun .
Doesn't value leaders
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 11, 2018
Listening culture however not from leadership. Really concerned with survey results. Very reactive company overall (staffing, bonus, etc) Behind times in regards to technology too much manual work
Flexible schedule/Great environment
FE Collector (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 19, 2018
So far I’m loving it! From the position, (FE Collector).... to the money, benefits, work perks, and work environment.. This company is showing they care about their employees! I would most definitely recommend this job to someone. You have so much to gain & they have so much to offer!
Pros
Schedule Benefits Compensation Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Acceptance. Our community is ready to answer.