Credit Adjustments, Inc Employee Reviews

Stressful and Not Worth It
Student Loan Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 23, 2018
The money is good, but policies are always changing. Which is fine, but they way they treat their employees is not; especially those who have mental issues.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Healthcare, the way they treat everyone
It's okay
ED Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHFebruary 11, 2018
An okay job to get experience with dealing with customers and negotiating. Pay is good, two ten minute breaks and an hour lunch, other collectors are fun to work with.
Pros
Pay, Hour lunch
Cons
Poor training, unreasonable goals
Family Feel
Subcontractor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 3, 2018
Privately owned company. Small business appeal with large growth. Work hard, follow the rules and you will be rewarded. Superb management team and ownership group.
Personal experience
Onbase administrator (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHDecember 16, 2017
Didn't agree with management on multiple things which lead to me walking out. Biggest issue that wasn't with management was my salary pay as a skilled trade where general collectors using a program i managed by soley was lower.
Decent job
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHNovember 14, 2017
Company takes pride in collecting with respect. Good hours and benefits. Friendly and clean environment, staff willing to help. Constant changes making inconsistencies.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Constant changes
Fun place to work
Rehabilitation Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA1October 12, 2017
The company closed its location in Georgia otherwise i would still be there. I cant speak to the environment at the other office locations. I was responsible for outbound and inbound calls, providing guidance and switch calls to employees. Verifying payment information and processing payments. Assist in ongoing training opportunities.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
getting laid off
Friendly Staff
Bi-Lingual Student Loan Debt Collector/Operations (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 28, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Great people in management. They had great benefits and my overall experience there was positive. It got stressful at times but then again what job doesn't?
Pros
Benefits, Friendly Staff
Run! Don't do It!
Other (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 30, 2017
Management is about making sure their family has a job at any cost. Pay is low, even after you have been there. Benefits are subpar, you have to pay for your own Short term disability, and no 401k match. Open environment, and high turnover. Nothing you do is ever good enough. Rules apply to some, not all. Stay away!
Pros
8-5 Only
Cons
Benefits, Restrictions, Working Conditions
Stable pay and hours
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHMay 18, 2017
Job was fun because of who was in my dept. You don't move up much in pay or position. Our dept had a position open up and a new person was hired from outside our department. It had a lot of turn around.
Pros
stable hours
Cons
Didn't consider employees from the same dept for moving up. Managers played favorites.
Great pay, great friends, but let's be real.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 4, 2017
$20.25 an hour at the Manchester, NH office! No great health/dental/401k benefits. No tuition reimbursement. Job security not so great, but they haven't laid off anyone yet. Hour lunches are a plus. Shifts are usually two nights (12pm-9pm) ,
3 days (8am-5pm) 2 weeks vacation time after a year of employment.
Pros
1hr lunches, $20.25hr, full time only
Cons
no flexibility, no benefits.
Seemed to try to get ride of employees fast.
Dept of Education Collector (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2017
After about 6 months of working there the staff seemed to try and get ride of employees in a sketchy way. Saying one thing and doing another, trying to be secretive about things.
Poor work environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OhioDecember 11, 2016
Terrible management. I would suggest avoiding this job. The managers are more concerned with being liked by their friends than they are about doing their job. Dont be fooled by the allure of decent pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Credit Adjustments Inc nightmare
indeed (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 20, 2016
I worked at the Kennesaw GA location. As a student loan collector. The pay is good 19hr($14.73 from credit adjustment and department of ed pays $4.27 which also can be used to pay for health benefits). Anyway the manager who was training us was abruptly fired and we were basically thrown to the wolves. They didn't train us good at all. The executives that work at the Kennesaw GA location get a thrill out of making you feel unsure about your job also. They love to nitpick. There is no job security here. They fired all of us because they said they don't have a manager to train us properly. I think the company is sketchy -something about them isn't right. I found out later that before us they fired their whole staff like 40 people. So be careful because they do not care about people who work for the.
Pros
pay
Cons
job culture
Great place to work just remain positive!
Account Manager/Skip tracer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 8, 2016
Management was excellent. I learned a culmination of life skills from my everyday tasks at CAI. The CEO was very friendly and engaging. The hardest part of the job was mostly remaining positive in a negative environment (mostly other coworkers). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work alone and reap the benefits of hard work via bonuses.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Awesome bonus structure, Thoughtful management
Cons
Facility Location
A collaboratively fun and productive place to work!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHMay 23, 2016
A typical day regarding workload can vary depending on the business needs at the time. Though when things get busy, the people have an innate ability to either step up independently or rally together to get the job done and done right. If things slow down, attitudes hinge toward care and motivation of finding tasks that need done and maintaining merit and usefulness. Being able to work in both independent and team functions is key to being adaptable and successful - which is why I think Credit Adjustments, Inc. as a company culture is doing so well in the financial recovery market, and thus has been growing at a steady rate from about 5 employees back in 1977 - to over 150 employees as of now.

Mike Osborne, the current CEO of Credit Adjustments, Inc., is a leading force to be reckoned with. As the driver and chief officer of all operations, he has a capacity and vision to sharpen the minds and move the hearts of the people within the company. He believes that each employee contributes to the direct growth and success of Credit Adjustments, Inc.
Pros
Competative pay, benefits, vacation time, work/life balance, friendly culture, a smart pick for anyone looking for new employment opportunities.
Cons
Days where I forget my lunch at home.
Wonderful Co-Workers and environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHMarch 6, 2016
I loved working at Credit Adjustments for the summer. It provided me with experience and an opportunity to grow and make connections.
Pleasant work atmosphere
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Everyone seemed willing to help if you had a question or disgruntled client. Supervisor was always near by to lend a helping hand, You are well trained before you are set free to take or make calls.
Collections is hard, might as well work for a good company
collector (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 10, 2015
Collections is hard, so you might as well work for a good company. My experience here has been beyond fair. Some people seem to forget that collecting debt is the actual job, and it is. CAI does a very good job of recognizing and rewarding the people who get the job done and those who can collect cleanly and honestly.

If you can't collect dust, this is not the place for you. If you want to work at a fair place with great training and above average pay/benefits ... they are well worth a look.
Pros
environment, training, pay
Cons
collections is hard sometimes
Last place in collections you want to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 27, 2015
This place has a bad reputation for how they treat their employees out of the Manchester, NH office. It's rare to see people getting such a high hourly willing to quite their job in this industry but that's what happens here. Co-workers on the floor level are fun and energetic when management doesn't suck the air out of the room. Managers are clueless and are more then willing to criticize but unwilling to help employees unless there is a side deal. Doing your daily work can get frustrating with computers consistently breaking down or locking up. Managers will openly disrespect people by talking negatively about their marriage or life outside of work.

The head floor manager is completely clueless and beyond forgetful. You can tell him something one second and it's ok but minutes later he'll act like it was never discussed. This same manager is mentioned in another review. This might not be so bad if he helped people collect but he doesn't. He has no problem lieing to people's face and stabbing their back on the way out the door. The g.m. has a pretty bad reputation in this industry. This person consistently talks about a couple people they're trying to bring in but none of them ever show up for training because they know better. Recently multiple collectors ended up fired with management not being completely honest about the reason for the firing. That lead to issues with their unemployment until they where caught lieing.

The hours are very good for collections. One night a week and no weekends if you work as a collector. Bonus money is low when comparing to other collection
  more... companies in the area. You can have a monster month and only get a 3rd of what other companies would pay. The hourly is good but it's the same for every company on the DOE contract. They don't drug test and after being there for a short period it was easy to figure out why. Collectors are drinking in the parking lot and come back from lunch with bloodshot eyes, managers too. Parking can be tricky as they share a building with a methadone clinic. Cars are getting hit all the time or police getting called over some drama. Then there is the bowling alley and H.S. baseball stadium that share the parking lot at night.

I can't speak on the other offices but the NH office is not a good place to work.
Pros
Work hours, good hourly, no drug screen
Cons
Management, parking, bonus pay, computers, phones
work enviroment poor no chance for advancement micro management comissions and pay scales are above average
Student Loans (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNOctober 16, 2014
Credit adjustments is a micro managed family owned business. There is little to no opportunity for advancement. The company does not value or care about there collection staff. High turnover of collection staff. .

on the phone all day

I learned nothing from them I came with experience

management is micro manage by family members or owners. Some are incompetent

hardest part of job dealing with management

getting commission checks
Pros
You can make money if you can handle the management
Cons
dead end job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Adjustments, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Credit Adjustments, Inc Reviews by Location