Credit Management Services Employee Reviews

Horrible environment to work in. Worthless bonuses for hitting goal. No room for advancement after you reach highest grade. High pressure to collect
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJune 27, 2018
High pressure, worthless bonuses for reaching goal and collecting. High pressure to reach call number minimums. High expectations for minimal client contacts.
Pros
Hard to think of one
Cons
High pressure, uncomfortable, dismal environment
place was not worth working for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHDecember 12, 2017
The company was operating under a different company name and changed management leadership roles is all. They were finally bought out. Managers were very unorganized and unprofessional
Pros
it was a paycheck
Cons
coworkers were no classy at all
I don't thing this is the same company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure the credit management services i worked for no longer is in business. It was a collection agency and at that time you had a three demand structure. It is not like that anymore
job
Collections Representative II/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2017
My manager was the best thing in the world
enjoyed working with her loved her accent
helping the patients with their concerns
making goal took extra funds home in bonus
Fun environment, family atmosphere
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 29, 2017
It is a quick pace environment, but everyday is different. I learned how to multi task, communicate effectively over the phone, negotiate payments and time management.

There are plenty of incentives along the way to keep things relaxed.

For the 2017 Solar Eclipse, the company closed the street for two hours. They hired a DJ, grilled hot dogs, made slushies and had games to play. They also provided eclipse glasses to observe the event.
Pros
family atmosphere and the events
Many different rolls to play
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 30, 2017
I loved that I worked in a competitive environment, people were nice but not so nice of the phone when you are trying to collect. You have to remember they are mad at the situation and not at you. The culture was good and the pay and commission where good.
I didn't think I'd ever be in collections...
Account Associate - Collections (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 19, 2017
Once I was interviewed I had my doubts on if collections was right for me since I had an all admin background. But I loved working for them. Bryan was my boss & he trained very well......(sometimes could put us to sleep) but 15 days out of training I had hit goal. Derrick is also a really great manager. He had listened in on a few of my calls & gave me advice when I needed it. I really loved working there. I had to move due to family issues. But if I could live in Lincoln again...I'd def reapply.
Pros
Competitive and fun
Cons
Expensive health insurance plans
An exceptional place to work
PreLegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 3, 2015
Day to day life in this office was always the same. You receive a file with a name and you check information to make sure it's following codes of conduct and to be sure we have all the information we need when the case goes to court. I learned to be very detail oriented and specific in this job. You need a lot of information for each file so it's important that you stay organized and have all the information required. Management was very nice and always helpful and willing to work with us. This was an independent working environment for the most part but everyone in the department was always very nice and always willing to help in any way they could if you needed them for any reason. The hardest part of the job was making sure I had every single little piece of information on each file. The most enjoyable part of the job is that once you really get used to it, the skills come easily and it's easy to fall into the pattern of work.
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
repetitve work
Commission
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2014
Debt collection is a stressful job. Nobody likes the debt collector calling, and they aren't afraid to tell you. If you can't separate yourself from the debt collector, then this job isn't for you.

This is a commission based job. The harder and smarter you work, the more money you make.

When I worked there in the 1990's the company was technologically backward. All the accounts were still on paper files. There was one computer available for all 12 collectors.
Pros
Commission - you could make lots of money
Cons
Commission - you could starve
This agency had excellent benfits, commision and compensation.
Front end collections (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 17, 2014
desk job
flex time
personal accounts
self management
great co- workers
Pros
pay
Cons
desk job, phone work
Productive.
Accounting Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FlJanuary 4, 2012
Productive and great learning experience working in the Finance Department, while assisting clients with Debt Settlements as well as managing the Office's Accounting.
Pros
good hourly pay.
Cons
no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.