Credit Suisse

Found 826 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,583 reviews

Credit Suisse insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

A very delightful and positive atmosphere

In Credit Suisse, they gave me the tools to become very independent in my job. Also they helped me move up to the next level in my career. I went from working in a omelette station to a grill station to working beside a chef. They help me strive to reach my goals.

Pros

Union and medical benefits

Cons

No place for advancement

Loved working for this bank

I have worked as a consultant for many banks and Credit Suisse is one of the best. If you perform well then team will keep you as long as they can. Every one was nice and very respectful to each other.

Cons

pay

Was good while it lasted

Good pay and benefits, but management was a mixed bag. Promotions impossible. Even lateral moves were difficult. Eventually our entire dept was outsourced

Pros

Salary, benefits, balance

Cons

few opportunities for movement

Great wlb

Interned as a summer tech analyst in Raleigh and the intern experience was great. Good culture on the tech division and I had a great work-life balance. The technology is somewhat outdated and the compensation is relatively low.

Group Finance

Nice campus. Ability to work from home especially now with the pandmic. Tight deadlines make it for long stressful days. Downtime is rare. You will learn a lot.

Pros

Parental leave

Cons

Long hours, high stress

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Financial analyst

Mon-Friday; Learn a lot; good team to work with.Management has been helpful. Nice new buildings in area. Stay very busy from start of day until the finish.

Be aware

Management in the RDU location sucks. Global departments management was better. There is no room for growth here. Most of the managers in RDU are very toxic. I am only still here due to the pay and officer title. Everything is production based. Hardly no work life balance. You will be forced to work late late evening and told to work/eat through your lunch. I hate it but until something else comes along.

Cons

Management especially in COLM.

High stress job

Interview underplayed how stressful this job is and was not transparent about the holidays. Basically, you don’t get holidays off. There is a lot of turnover because they keep adding more work to the employees causing a lot of burnout.

Pros

Overtime pay, work from home availability

Cons

High stress, no paid holidays, have to find someone to cover you if you want to take a day off

Changes abound

CS is undergoing massive change following recent public blow-ups. No clear communication on compensation or strategy going forward. Non revenue generating employees constantly under cost pressure with layoff programs abound.

Pros

Scrappy culture, hard working people

Cons

Bad management and communication w employees. Constant public blow ups and strategy shifts.

Job Stability

If you are good at what you are doing and performing even average there is no threat to your job unlike other major banks e.g. GS/Nomura or even DB.Perks and compensation are low compared to other major Banks.

Good benefits and job security. Miserable work life balance

This place is for you if you don’t have any other activities in life. You work to get paid and support your family but the work load keeps on piling on and there is expectation to work on weekends and evenings. Performance quality of people below you is sketchy with no time built for their development or for you to grow. You are working on 4-5 things at the same time switching through out the day to meet tight deadline with not enough quality staff. I have to work 5-7 hours on weekends just to get my job done. This makes it inefficient and your life miserable.

Pros

If you want more responsibility, you’ll get it.

Cons

Poor team structure on projects, partially performing staff at junior level, expect highest quality within unrealistic deadlines

Productive Work Environment

I became a jack of all trades employee. I was originally working in the mail room but then they moved me to reception. This would have been fine if I wasn’t then expected to do both simultaneously. There were new hires often and they rarely lasted long. Manager was a joke as he’d been there long enough to just coast through and leave quite a bit for me. If your willing to be stepped on, you will be. As long as you know your limits you’ll be fine!

Pros

Cafeteria is awesome!

Cons

Non existent teamwork

No promotions

Even with great performance reviews the annual bonuses are very low when compared to other new york banks. If i could work for an american bank that pays more i would leave in a heartbeat

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

No ability to get promotions in some teams

Fast paced with room for growth

Great company to work at. Fast paced environment with room for growth. Management is there to help you if needed. Company provides you with tool to succeed. Plenty of resources

Pros

Free lunch taxi after 10pm, free dinner after 7pm, great benefits like healthcare, wellness, 401K

Cons

Fast paced, not for the weak, long hours

Collaboration across all businesses. Global opportunities

Credit Susie was an outstanding place to work. The people are amazing and I loved working in a global environment. I was promoted in a very difficult year so it can happen. But you must find your own path and push to get there. High performance and job excellence is required at all times.

Cons

Stressful work environment. High demand fast paced. 24/7

Workplace

Great place to work. Friendly people and staff. Flexible with time off and working remotely. Good pay compensation. Management is good and available to assist

Paid decently, prepare for beuracracy

You will work in a team that is quite knowledgeable about what they do, and has lots of bright ideas. However management meddeling can get in the way of what you need to do

Great people and lots of flexibility

Great people and lots of flexibility and good benefits. It takes a lot to be promoted and its a process. Pay is below market and bonuses in my departments were very little.

To Many egos

Ridiculous the # of re-orgs this company goes through, does not allow anyone to build working relationships with anyone. When you do they change your reporting line

Decent place to work

The company is overall a decent place to work, with smart and friendly people. Office politics is generally at a minimum and they treat contractors well, with a decent chance of conversion if they work well.

Pros

Great benefits, collaborative atmosphere

Cons

Bureaucratic promotion process, coffee costs as much as Starbucks

Sub par

Management was so disconnected that it felt as though there was not a single team unit that was working toward common goals. Nobody was quite sure what the other was doing at slant given moment in time

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Starting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Suisse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Credit Suisse.
Powered byComparably

Compare Credit Suisse with

• Credit Suisse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?