Credit Union of Colorado Employee Reviews

Was lucky to have worked here!!! EXCELLENT
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2018
The Credit Union of Colorado offers so many opportunities to grow professionally and personally. If you are willing to take the initiative and work hard, you can get to where you want to be. Employees are empowered to speak their minds without fear of reprisals and are encouraged to offer honest feedback on a regular basis. If an employee raises a concern or issue, they will address it and find a solution that works best for the situation. The Credit Union truly cares about its employees and their families. While I was there I was able to develop a career in a field I love and had an amazing group of people to work with. Even during difficult times in my personal life, I never felt that I needed to keep it to myself and go at it alone. I would not have left if I didn’t move out of state. I will always recommended the Credit Union of Colorado as a great place to work! It will be hard to find better.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Credit Union of Colorado.
We are happy to hear that your needs were met while you were here and that you enjoyed your time working with us.
We wish you the best in your future growth and success.

Fairly stressful environment with a good amount of favoritism
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2018
Office politics were, unfortunately, a distinct factor in the workplace which created an environment of unease, distrust and fear. There was an extremely high turnover rate and job dissatisfaction was the number one reason for people leaving.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your time at the Credit Union of Colorado was not what you were hoping for.

Trust is the greatest determinant of success for Credit Union of Colorado and our members. We feel that trust is built by developing relationships and finding the right solutions for our team and our members.

Culture is a large part of who we are and we continuously strive to find innovative ways we can improve our organization and encourage the development of our employees.

Payment Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
Upper management is good at getting to know employees. Some departments are good at recognizing and appreciating their employees. Pay is above higher than other financial institutions. Culture is caring and collaborative and the "Here to Help" logo is sincere. Great focus on employee development.
Benefits
November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Credit Union of Colorado.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us and will strive to continue to build a caring and collaborative culture for all.

Amazing Culture/Poor Management
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 24, 2018
The CEO knows everyone by name. Work/life balance is amazing and they have a lot of opportunities to grow. The problem is in the management and lack of leadership. You can advance but the process is rigorous and don't count on the managers helping with growth. Development is based on your own personal drive as well as making the right connections. Make the wrong impression with a seasoned employee and the politics will take over.
Small-town feel
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 12, 2018
My time at the Credit Union was a constant struggle between my likes and dislikes. The people were friendly and helpful but systems were always crashing which lead to severe frustration when assisting members. The environment is great to grow your career but if your 5-year plan doesn't involve staying there then advancing is out of the question.
Pros
good pay, Sundays off, friendly work environment
Cons
longer hours, unorganized management, poor functionality of systems/equipment
Amazing job, great work environment
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 27, 2018
The Credit Union of Colorado is the best place I've worked at. I learned a numerous amount of valuable information for my position in order to fulfill my duties.
May 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working at the credit union and wish you continued success in your growth and development.

Very fun place to work
Member Advocate/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 5, 2018
I am very blessed to have been able to work at this wonderful organization! I was able to go and learn from different departments, and also able to go back to school and get tuition from the company.
January 8, 2018

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Credit Union of Colorado and we thank you for your contributions.

May 4, 2018

Thank you so much for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working at the credit union and can take advantage of the learning and development that we offer.
We support your growth and hope you continue to enjoy working with us.

Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
Good place to work; great for entry level. Too many significant projects to handle and be successful at. Benefits are some of the best; including vacation and sick time and the 401k is out of this world!
Pros
Friendly Employees
Cons
Stressfull Environment
September 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments and your concerns. We are very pleased that you feel you work in a good place and that you feel supported by our benefits.

We encourage you to share your concerns with your director.

Thank You again for your contributions to our credit union.

Not much to say
Member Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
Seems like all the black people end up hitting the highway not by choice. Actually aren't very many black people working for the company maybe a handful.
Pros
decent pay, great co workers, great members
Cons
breaks not within guidelines of state, no room for advancement, way behind in technology
June 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

The Credit Union is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity for all protected classes. We work to ensure that we source candidates from diverse backgrounds.

If you would like to share more about your experience and how we can improve please email us at HumanResources@cuofco.org

Great Place to work for!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 15, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. The CEO is beyond amazing, the employees are awesome. Definitely a place that truly cares about its employees.
June 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one.

Worst CU I ever worked for
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver AreaApril 4, 2017
Don't waste your time. If you are looking for career opportunities, this is not place for you unless you want to be universal banker doing car loans and opening accounts only. You won't learn anything except dealing with horrible management without managing experience.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience at the Credit Union of Colorado.

We are sorry that your experience was not as you had hoped.

The Member Advocate role is varied and all encompassing and does a variety of duties in assisting our members with their financial growth.

We support the growth and development of all of our staff and to that end have a Learning and Development department that focuses on this.

Thank you again for your comments and we wish you the best of luck.

Great Environment/Advancement is limited
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 8, 2017
The culture of the Credit Union is great. Great leadership and great staff. Plenty of learning opportunities however advancement in other areas are far few between. Many departments hire externally rather than internally. However great team of people to work with and great experience to add to a resume.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
No advancement
June 6, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We work hard to find the candidates with the best fit for the hiring department.

We are happy that your experience with us was positive.

Productive work enviroment
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Union, COJanuary 6, 2017
Fun, supportive place to work. Encourages self-growth and empowerment. Good place to gain leadership knowledge and skills. Learn teller and banker duties.
June 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that your experience working at the credit union was a positive one.

Great Workplace, but needs some work
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 14, 2016
High turnover makes it difficult to work due to always training people in-branch. Learned a lot in regards to lending. Position is combined teller and lending position, little room for growth unless you don't mind moving to downtown Denver where there is a lot of potential. Enjoy the members!
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No breaks
Worst CU I've worked for!
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 27, 2016
The pay is great but the stress and office politics are not worth it. Training is a joke! Member Advocate is basically a "universal banker" type position but nobody has time to train you any further than basic tellering. Management is so terrible. During the interview process they say they empower their employees to make decisions but after you start they micromanage. Stay far away! Not worth it!!!
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Benefits, management, training
room for improvement
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
The member advocate role is great entry level position that teaches you quite a bit of useful knowledge. Unfortunately, the implementation of this role is a bit broken. Some weeks you'll be working in an office working on loans, and face to face interactions with members which are often challenging an rewarding. Then the next week you'll be on a teller line. It gets difficult to follow up with members you've been working with because you'll be too busy on the other side. It hurts the member experience overall. My location in particular was a bit frustrating because of my direct supervisors. Micromanagement was a big problem in my branch which lead to an unusually high turnover rate. It became a toxic environment where people would be reading your emails, and constant interference with your workflow. Senior level leadership is completely different. The CEO and COO are both excellent leaders with great vision. I've never worked anywhere before where somebody of that level knew my name and would frequently make a point to speak to me.
Pros
senior leadership, rewarding face to face interactions
Cons
healthcare, micromanagement, staying late often
Great place to work and advance your career
Mortgage Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2016
Credit Union of Colorado is a great place to work and advance your career. The culture is very member and employee focused with excellent leadership.
Great work place
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2016
Cuofco is a wonderful company to work for, great workers and strong leader at the top of the board. Some of the branch managers supervisors could be a little inexperienced but that can be worked around.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
supervisors could be a little rough around the edges.
Credit Union of Colorado
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place, supportive management and no need to worry about your numbers. Only do what is best for the members, don't have to worry about selling or up selling. Very SLOW is most locations.
Pros
Easy, relaxed environment. No stress.
Cons
Management will not have your back.
Great Organization, You are Empowered, You have a Voice
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 8, 2015
I was given the privilege to work for this organization over the last seven years. The credit union has a family mentality, I always felt supported and cared for. My leadership team was supportive, charismatic and willing to listen to my concerns. They encouraged me to grow and recognized my accomplishments along the way. This organization remains true to its mission and core values, its not about numbers, it's about doing what is right for the Membership and employees. They are truly here to help!
Pros
Fun work environment, Always willing to think outside the box

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Union of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

Credit Union of Colorado Reviews by Location