Credit Union of Texas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company/ Great Atmosphere
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
CUTX is a great company to work for. Great atmosphere, great benefits. If you're a service specialist not so much. Call volumes are crazy. Department needs to get more staff to handle calls.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Ok to get foot in the door
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2018
I was fortunate to have a very knowledgeable manager in my department, but the higher ups were fixated on profit and outsourced the department to save money.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
lack of communication and direction
Fast paced enviroment with really bad management
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Management is horrible, they do not help you if you ask for help, they are not scared to threaten your job.
managers are never at their desk.

the work place culture is ok, a lot of friendly people.
the job isn't really that hard but they do push you to sell a lot even though it wont benefit the member.

most enjoyable part of the job is that sometimes the buy food
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
everything
Atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75251February 12, 2018
The working atmosphere is very opening and inviting. Employees are challenged and given tasks that are achievable. This is a very interesting and positive place to work.
Overall good company
Bilingual Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75204December 12, 2017
Good company but overall does not meet or guarantee your role to specifically limit itself to only your job requirements. The culture and environment overall is great.
Fast past environment-high turn over rate-
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 14, 2017
The company is not a bad company to work for but they have a couple of issues that I believe need to be resolved. The turn over rate for this company is mighty high, from management and staff. The base pay is low, incentives are required through weekly and overall monthly goals. This could lead to end of the month bonuses which is great. Corporate is very knowledgeable on how to provide a great customer services and how they want their brand viewed. This job can become difficult because its understaffed, busy, and the times can conflict. This company has the potential to be better.
Pros
Staff is enjoyable, team oriented, bonuses, Holiday pay
Cons
high turn over rate, under-payed, incentives requirement, work hours change
serves costumers by completing account transactions
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 29, 2017
Completing a fast and accurate transaction for members and learning a little bit about them each day. The goal was to learn your members so when they would come in it wasn't just a deposit/withdrawal. We would personalize the members experience.
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Cons
Repetitive
It is a good place to work
Data Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
Credit Union of Texas has been a good place to work.

There are some awesome supportive people there.

They have a lot of employee activities to take part in and bring in food on a regular basis to boost morale
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Not enough home/work life balance
One of a kind customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX 75149October 4, 2017
Everyday was a different day. You learned quickly that not always is an individual having a good day, we are all faced with bad days. Being able to make a difference in someones day by smiling and showing them the best customer service possible, could turn their day around quickly.
The mesquite location
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 29, 2017
This place used to be better. Don't get me wrong I love my job for the most part. The only thing is that co-workers are lazy and manager doesn't care.
Pros
good pay, benefits, paid days, good co-workers
Cons
manager isn't very good, co-workers are lazy

Want to know more about Credit Union of Texas?

Ask a question
Used to be a great place to work
EE (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 9, 2017
The workplace culture over the past few years has shifted from member service oriented to a hard line sales culture. High quotas and consequences for not meeting them are the hardest aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the members and being able to assist them with their needs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Quotas, high stress
We have fun
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
The company is great! As a personal banker you get to do many different tasks. There are very supportive about offering transfers so that you can learn about different departments. Fast paced at times with long days. Is a sales driven company so make sure you are comfortable with sales and meeting goals.
Fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Typically a great environment and enjoyable place to work, great upper management, retirement benefits, PTO, Bank holidays that are paid is a nice perk.
Pros
free lunches on occassion, Pto
Cons
Saturday hours on occassion
It's an okay place, but it could be better
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2017
My typical day consists of managing calls, processing transactions, providing balances, and up-selling to customers. I learned how to manage a high volume of calls, patience, maintaining professionalism, and proper communication. Management knee jerks over the smallest of details and micromanages our daily routine.
Pros
free lunch, free checking account, discounts, gift cards, etc
Cons
the pay is low
Credit Union of Texas
Financial Education Officer - Department (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2016
Working for CUTX has been very rewarding and has enabled me to research and understand the world of finance and how it is every changing. I am part of the Business Development team in which we create, manage and implement events that are lead generating and support our functions here at the Credit Union of Texas.
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
Understanding roles.
Dba
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJuly 7, 2015
Load the data in the Data warehouse from various sources. Meet deadlines on new projects. Worked to create a very robust Data Warehouse that included data from over 8 different source systems.
Pros
401K
Cons
Healthcare
fun workplace
Member Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 16, 2015
Credit Union Of Texas is a fun workplace we are all one big family and willing to help one another. Like all jobs there is pros and cons but other than that it is a good place to work.
Accounting
Accounting Dept (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
I love accounting. My favorite was working on account reconciliations.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Too far from home, missed my kids
Nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 22, 2014
Great Customer Service.Good communication. Awesome team.
Pros
schedules, vacations, good training.
Cons
healthcare
Not what I expected
Teller (Former Employee) –  IrvingOctober 23, 2013
They start you off at $10.50 hr, regardless of experience or been bilingual. Benefits are poor, they match your 41k after a year of employment for less than 5%. Also the PTO has to be accrued, so don't make any plans for the first year at least. Only 30 min lunches. Management care less about your personal life, don't matter your sick, your kid or whoever, make sure you go to work. PT tellers are required to work EVERY SATURDAY, only at this branch manager is not flexible. Other branches work with your schedule. You just can't have a personal life at this branch. Better benefits at a Bank rather than a Credit Union.
Pros
location, morning hours
Cons
Management, benefits, pay, lunches