Credit Union of Texas Employee Reviews

Good for Someone in School
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75251December 7, 2018
CUTX is sort of like a family. Member’s are very well rounded. But management at Corporate, is terrible (at least my manager was). My management team liked to sugar coat everything, I like people being direct on what they want from the team. My manager procrastinated, and liked to do other people’s jobs beside his... shifts were pretty decent but they like to change it around a lot with no notice. I worked there for a year and they kept “trying new schedules out” almost every quarter...
Pros
Lunch sometimes provided, Pay, flexible but demanding
Cons
Expect you to change your plans (professional/personal) to accommodate them, benefits, hours
Do not work part-time
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2018
There are no health benefits for working part-time, only paid holidays and PTO. The full-time employees constantly point out that you are part-time and make you feel less valued. You must work every Saturday, with only one Saturday off per quarter. You are expected to meet the same sales goals as the full-time employees. I thought this position would be a good step after graduating from college, but I'm quickly realizing that I am not valued at all, despite being the only teller with a degree. And I thought I would be given an opportunity for advancement but you are expected to be in your current position for 8 months as a full time employee. So, I'm in a position to start my job search all over again.
Pros
No pros for part time work.
Cons
No health benefits.Expected to reach same sales goals as a full time employee.
New to the company
Loss Mitigation Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2018
I am still new to the company. Their Core values are strong and they seem to be a strong company. The salary and benefits they offer are competitive to others.
Fun place to work
Loan Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I worked at the Credit Union of Texas for 5 years, and enjoyed my time there. I made a lot of friends, and worked with a great team. I enjoyed the benefits they provided.
Great Company/ Great Atmosphere
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
CUTX is a great company to work for. Great atmosphere, great benefits. If you're a service specialist not so much. Call volumes are crazy. Department needs to get more staff to handle calls.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Upper level management
Assistant Store Leader/Card Services (Former Employee) –  Desoto, TxSeptember 20, 2018
Upper level management tend to be either clueless or just don't care about employees.
I think that busier locations that are short staffed could be helped(moral wise), if upper management showed more interest and maybe rotated their time to have a presence in these areas and help out.
Pros
Training
Cons
They say work life balance- but not so much
Ok to get foot in the door
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2018
I was fortunate to have a very knowledgeable manager in my department, but the higher ups were fixated on profit and outsourced the department to save money.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
lack of communication and direction
Employees are High School
Experienced Expert (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The manager let the employees run the Store. If you don't follow them by not liking a fellow employee your the enemy... The manager didn't like me because she felt like I was after her job but I just wanted to make my monthly bonus and go home
Good Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2018
It was a good job I just got let go for tardiness, they weren't willing to work with my situation but was willing with others. Company is good just allot of favoritism
Not what I expected
Teller (Former Employee) –  IrvingOctober 23, 2013
They start you off at $10.50 hr, regardless of experience or been bilingual. Benefits are poor, they match your 41k after a year of employment for less than 5%. Also the PTO has to be accrued, so don't make any plans for the first year at least. Only 30 min lunches. Management care less about your personal life, don't matter your sick, your kid or whoever, make sure you go to work. PT tellers are required to work EVERY SATURDAY, only at this branch manager is not flexible. Other branches work with your schedule. You just can't have a personal life at this branch. Better benefits at a Bank rather than a Credit Union.
Pros
location, morning hours
Cons
Management, benefits, pay, lunches
Used to be a great place to work
EE (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 9, 2017
The workplace culture over the past few years has shifted from member service oriented to a hard line sales culture. High quotas and consequences for not meeting them are the hardest aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the members and being able to assist them with their needs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Quotas, high stress
Fast paced enviroment with really bad management
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Management is horrible, they do not help you if you ask for help, they are not scared to threaten your job.
managers are never at their desk.

the work place culture is ok, a lot of friendly people.
the job isn't really that hard but they do push you to sell a lot even though it wont benefit the member.

most enjoyable part of the job is that sometimes the buy food
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
everything
The mesquite location
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 29, 2017
This place used to be better. Don't get me wrong I love my job for the most part. The only thing is that co-workers are lazy and manager doesn't care.
Pros
good pay, benefits, paid days, good co-workers
Cons
manager isn't very good, co-workers are lazy
Great Family Environment
Lending Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJanuary 15, 2012
Credit Union of Texas is a great place to work! The work schedule allows for a balance between work and family life. Salary and benefits are competitive. Great advancement opportunities for entry level employees as they are known for promoting from within.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, paid holidays, vacations, 401 k, good health & dental benefits
We have fun
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
I'm not exactly sure why this is necessary at all when searching for a new job but to put it as shortly as possible, CUTX was a decent place to work and very friendly environment. My only issue was the pay and advancement opportunities.
Fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Typically a great environment and enjoyable place to work, great upper management, retirement benefits, PTO, Bank holidays that are paid is a nice perk.
Pros
free lunches on occassion, Pto
Cons
Saturday hours on occassion
Great place to work, advance, and learn about industry.
Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2013
Great credit union. Started at the bottom and moved up to supervisor of a branch within five years. Management was very driven, and friendly, helpful advancing your career.
Pros
Good salary, good benfits, fun place to work
Cons
Some turnover in senior magangement
Fast past environment-high turn over rate-
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 14, 2017
The company is not a bad company to work for but they have a couple of issues that I believe need to be resolved. The turn over rate for this company is mighty high, from management and staff. The base pay is low, incentives are required through weekly and overall monthly goals. This could lead to end of the month bonuses which is great. Corporate is very knowledgeable on how to provide a great customer services and how they want their brand viewed. This job can become difficult because its understaffed, busy, and the times can conflict. This company has the potential to be better.
Pros
Staff is enjoyable, team oriented, bonuses, Holiday pay
Cons
high turn over rate, under-payed, incentives requirement, work hours change
Dba
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJuly 7, 2015
Load the data in the Data warehouse from various sources. Meet deadlines on new projects. Worked to create a very robust Data Warehouse that included data from over 8 different source systems.
Pros
401K
Cons
Healthcare
Productive work environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 16, 2012
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and reward programs. It's a company that values it's employees and recognizes their hard work.