Cree Inc Employee Reviews

Clean semi-fast paced environment
Assembler/Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Racine, WI 53406July 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work especially for those re-entering the public work market. Wages are decent although still not up to par for the cost of living in our area. Attendance policy could use a major overhaul. Time is given immediately for unauthorized time off and paid time off is earned in increments per pay period but nothing is in place for sick days. Overall, it's a good place to work. It's clean, semi cool in the summer and the upper management is very hands on with employees. Communications between management and workers is a constant with postings, weekly newsletter and a quarterly meeting to keep us all up to speed on current standings with the company. First place I ever worked where that happened and I've worked for pretty big companies in the past.
Pros
Clean, organized, moderately paced, good communications
Cons
Short breaks, lack of sick days
Some days were ok some we were over worked
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 6, 2018
When I first started the place was great. Then new management came in and picked with the people who had been there until they eventually got pointed out.
Pros
Usually bought food when working overtime on weekends
Cons
Short lunches only 20 min, mandatory overtime sometimes sundays too
Very Professional
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 26, 2018
The management at Cree was always attentive. Was a great place to work. Trainers worked with you every step of the way. Goals were posted and reached easily.
Pros
Breaks were every 2 hours
Cree has a well earned reputation as a sweatshop
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2018
I used to think that at least Cree made quality products, but apparently that has deteriorated. They expect - quite explicitly - that you put the job first and that you work long hours more than 5 days a week.
Pros
The cafeteria is OK
Cons
Too many to list
Not horrible for the salary.
Manufacturing Manager I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2018
I didn't like the higher up management practices. Not a focus on lean manufacturing, its an OEM. It is clearly an R&D company. And the products are great! Not a streamlined manufacturing facility in Durham.
Pros
The gym is amazing!!!
Great place to be
Semiconductor Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 6, 2018
Good pay for the job
great work environment
honest and welcoming employees as well as management and supervisors
not very fast pace but moderate and hands on
Very un organized and stressful
WAREHOUSE WORKER I (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 6, 2018
There is a huge lack of communication throughout and across all departments. Some people are considered more favorable over the more experienced and reliable. Un fair treatment is common
Lerning and productive
Semiconductor Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 4, 2018
A good ceo, learning loot and productive,we learn good managment and also benifit innsurence,401 k, dental and stock plan benifit.It is good work place culture.
Pros
free tea, coffee
Cons
helthcare
assembly
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WI 53406June 4, 2018
punch in. Go to supervisor desk to see what line you are on, go to that line and wait for lead to tell you where to go. Learnt how to make led lights. Different types of people. Hardest part is to work with people that do not want to do their job and expect you to do it for them. The most enjoyable part of job is to work with people that works with you and not goof-off.
Pros
free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
lazy people
Do Not Do It
Forecasting Analyst, Lighting Division (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 22, 2018
They do major lay offs every quarter and wonder why they can't make numbers. The company is extremely top heavy and put to much work on the actual people doing the work. Work/Life balance does not happen at this place. Your life is to work.

Want to know more about Cree Inc?

Ask a question
Great starting company
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2018
I'm a recent college graduate and working at Cree was a great starting point. I was able to learn a lot and try my hand at a few different roles while here. The culture is going through a change that has so far been for the better. Our production focus has also changes which has made our investors happy. All in all Cree is a company with a bright future.
Evoling company.
Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2018
As a long term employee i have seen this company go through changes. the new CEO is trying very hard to turn this ship around! He deserves a lot of credit. The culture is slowly changing toward the positive. Cree now is focusing on the Power and RF division. they want to increase output but we have been under staffed for so long we are stretched to a breaking point! We need more people and equipment to meet demand for our products, however space is limited!
Pros
cafe, gym, people
Cons
Short breaks, overwhelmed with work.
Relaxed place to work.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 8, 2018
This place is very relaxed and laid back to work at. Once you have everything figured out on what the line wants from you on how to build your light your job seems easy.
Great team providining all the necessary support needed to sell their products
Southeast Region Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 5, 2018
Products Brand and marketing team made selling their products easy and a job you can be proud of. The industry respects the brand and Cree was a leader in the industry helping define reliability standards for both the LED and the fixture. They provide sales reference designs which help educate the customer on how to use the products properly.

Great place to work with a great team.
Pros
Products, Brand and Team
Cons
Pressure to return the stock price to it's high
High Variability Between Departments
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 2, 2018
The departments within Cree are not on the same page with respect to expectations and goals. Work/life balance is poor and you have to stay "plugged in" 24/7.
wouldnt recommend
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 1, 2018
Its a who you know place to work. Write ups can happen at any time for one person and the next person nothing happens. There is no set of standard and the 3rd shift lacks alot as far as good supervision. Also they expect the workers to work constantly while they let the lead people just stand and talk which makes for moral problems
benefits
Cons
management
no advancement and lots of drama
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 22, 2018
Assembling lighting fixtures at Cree is usually an easy job. You will work at different speeds depending on the line youre on. The people at the Racine, WI location are very much into drama and interpersonal conflicts are commonplace.
Good company.
Photo Alignment Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 12, 2018
Productive and nice workplace...Some of the leads needed more training as well as the supervisors. You need to know how too talk to people to get good results.
Pros
Stable workplace.
Cons
The pay could be better.
Decent place to work
Equipment Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 2, 2018
I was blessed to have worked there for approximately 4 years. Other than dealing with the very long commute I had there was nothing bad about the job.
The managers and supervisors were all professional and easy going.
Pros
Good compensation, bonuses
Cons
N/a
My time at cree
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at cree it was a relaxed easy going job was there to pick order's to keep the lines running but was only there for a moment of time due to being cut cause of overstaffing once went from 12 hour shifts to 8 hour shifts
Pros
Free lunchs and nice gym
Cons
Not enough time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cree Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight