Cree Inc Employee Reviews

cree
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 15, 2018
loved my job hated to leave. Had a good manager that looked out for me and my family. People there were always helpful and understanding. There always someone ther to help
dealing with metal and iron creating street light.
Metal Handler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 12, 2018
i got paid 13.00 and alot of overtime was offered.making beautiful street lights.working together on a asembly line, the benifits was a A+.paid-time lunches
Pros
paid over 13 dollars
Cons
was only a temporary job
Clean Room Experience
Wafer FAB Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2018
Worked in the manufacturing floor, wearing a fully covered gown to protect product from contamination. Rotational basis workday, blue and red teams, 12 hour day/night shifts.
Very environmental- and health-concious company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work in the growing technology field. Opportunities for advancement as long as you have a degree. Onsite café and gym for the convenience of employees.
Pros
On site cafe and gym
Cons
Frequent lay-offs
Great place to work, with excellent mangment.
Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I loved the job, it as hard on me because i lived two hours away and was not able to relocate at the time. Amazing place pool, cafe, gym, family days.
Its a laid back place that values their employees
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 17, 2018
Cree is all about the point system. Simply follow the guidelines with in the system and there should be no problems to come. Cree was one of my favorite jobs. You meet a lot of different people. there are various assembly lines with different kind of light fixtures.
Pros
they care about their employees
Cons
Once you hit the negitives in the point system its wrap.
Decent place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 14, 2018
No room to grow. You never knew if you would have a full paycheck due to inconsistent working hours. They had slow periods of the year, which would be hard to find work. Management was overall good. Benefits were nice.
Good Place to Work
Sander (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 12, 2018
Cant complain liked what I did paycheck was always nice and who I worked with really made a difference supervisors were also a reason I stayed around.
Long Distance
Semiconductor/ Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Its an alright job but the driving distance from home to the work place is too long for me. I still continue the drive because it is a nice hourly wage.
Cree needs to stop changing leaders.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 8, 2018
Cree has a long way to go before it will be a work place that everyone will want to work for. Leadership changeover also needs to stop as we continue to get new leadership that must learn their position and company, as well as understand and analyze how production runs before changing processes. We continue to go two steps backwards and one step forward.
Pros
Increased pay for the assemblers has helped those employees.
Cons
Company puts their employees third in line behind stockholders and customers.
On site fitness center
Sander / parts loader (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 6, 2018
Besides the end of the quarter mandatory OT and weekends, not a horrible place to work. Friendly employees.
Free coffee. Tons of vending machines.
On site security, secured campus.
Waste of time
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  RTPSeptember 4, 2018
Poor management, racists coworkers and a lot of discrimination that gets overlooked.Compensation is poor and advancement is d*mn near impossible. Would not recommend
Pros
55 min lunch break and 20 min break
Cons
Unhealthy (Graphite and quali powder in the air;can be very deadly if inhaled)
Very Productive
Semi Conductor Operator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2018
If you apply at Cree just know there are opportunities to grow within the company. Just have to want to advance is a decision you make. Cree is solid and have a good community atmosphere vibe at the company.
Pros
Weeky meetings sometime occassional free meals, cree tee shirts, ect...
Cons
Breaks could be better, but ok.
produtive hard and stressful.
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2018
It was too much favortism. Some could falsefy time others coudn't. At the beginning of the shift. Always inspect the tools to make sure they were ready to start probably. Management came in to see if we needed anything before we started. It was alot of diffrent culture. Some we could understand, most of the time we could not. the hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake for 12 hrs. Especially if you worked from 12pm-12am. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the shift when it was time to go home.
Production Analyst
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 28, 2018
Semi-conductor environments are extremely demanding and fast paced. However, the corporate culture at Cree is a notch up and very unhealthy and unforgiving. Stress levels are high and working hours are long. Certainly not a work-life balance.
No money after bills
Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 27, 2018
Nothing good couldn't make ends meat, no home work life, managers wanted to much attention from women in order to be promoted. I hated it. Blacks were treated unfairly because they spoke English and foreigners were able to do what they wanted because the language they spoke.
Produtive, alot to learn.
Semi-Conductor Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 18, 2018
Cree has 12 hour's shift,with two working teams. you get every other weekend off.I learned alot like handling chemicals operating various tools,automation. coworkers are very friendly and helpful. management is alright. hard part of job is wearing a clean room suite from top to bottom. you get all holiday's lunches,cookies.you have to punch in and out for all your breaks. break rooms are far from working area.
Pros
Holiday's lunches, cookies, extra time for lunches on all holiday's
Cons
punch for all your breaks. and break rooms are far.
Job Seeker Beware.
Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 15, 2018
Cree definitely has a gray cloud over it. I started off as a contractor pay $12/hr after I was hired my pay dropped to $11.75/hr and for the next 2 years I did not receive one raise even though I had great employee reviews. I did get a quarterly bonus once, after that they claimed they missed company targets and therefore no bonuses for the duration of my employment. Although it did seem like it was more gossiping and drama than work, targets were met fortunately I know how to read a financial statement.
Pros
If things get tough and you need a job, good place to start. Clean room experience can help you find something better.
Cons
Low pay, low morale.
Fast paced
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 9, 2018
Pretty much everyone starts on the night shift. Techs are always running around so the job is never boring. There is a lot to learn but not a lot of room to grow
Good Job but not much advancement
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2018
If you come in as a production worker that is most likely where you will stay. Advancement opportunities for low end workers is nonexistent.
Otherwise management are just worried about keeping their own jobs.
Pros
stable company
Cons
disjointed upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cree Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight