Crenshaw Community Hospital Employee Reviews

All over good place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALFebruary 27, 2019
The hospital is a cery good place to work and I would tell anybody to fill out an application and work here. Its has it bad apples but what jobs dont, over all good job.
Productive workplace
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALNovember 29, 2018
*Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff or department.
*Assess method of payment for services, initiate processing, may refer to specialist for financial options.
*Perform admitting duties including explaining various forms such as patient rights, medical releases, and insurance.
Small rural hospital where patients get the best care
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work is spent helping nurses and doctors with Emergency Room patients. I learned that teamwork is the best way to get anything done. The hardest part of this job would be the traumas and fatalities. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing patients get the proper care that they need and seeing that they are satisfied with the outcome of their visit.
Good work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJuly 5, 2018
Great work environment. Wonderful nursing staff and great doctors. Fun and clean work environment. Patients are well taken care of and needs are always met.
It was okay
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJune 27, 2018
Its an okay place to work when you are in need of job, cant work there and be a single parent but ifs just you then you will be fine as long as you have no bills for real. The pay sucks, no room for advancement.
high paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALMarch 14, 2018
Working in a high paced environment can be stressful at times but as long as you perform your job properly and make sure all patients are well taken care of, things would be a lot easier.
I was an okay Hospital to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALFebruary 13, 2018
I just didn't like the fact that I was driving from Troy then get there they would send you right back home because census low. I felt they could call.
good place
Psych RN (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 4, 2018
during my employee at Crenshaw I learned much about the psych nursing process. my shift crew was awesome and harmonious but the relief was somewhat hostile d/t differences in opinion about nursing practice.
great job
PRN Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALDecember 17, 2017
it is a very relaxed environment, the co-workers are great. Management is great. I have nothing to say bad about this company. I currently am PRN with this company.
Good place to get a good medical backgrounf
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALNovember 2, 2017
Being a smaller hospital crenshaw community hospital is a great place to being a career because there isnt as much pressure as there would be at bigger hositals. I have learned a lot here and the atmosphere here is wonderful the people here is very caring and dedicated to their jobs.
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALAugust 15, 2017
My experience at Crenshaw Community Hospital can not be put into words. I have learned a lot of things at this facility that will hopefully help me excel in my new journey.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
productive work place.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALJuly 27, 2017
Monitor the patients on the unit. Getting to know the patients. Let them know that you are not there to judge them. But we are there to help them threw whatever they are experiencing.
It was an ok job but not a place to retire from
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJune 5, 2017
Hospital - on a typical at work non-stop, what I learned that I had what it took to multi-task a job and do it well, manage was ok, work culture was ok, the hardest part of my job was the unwell patients especially the children and older patient, losing a patient to death.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
no consistency- as a salaried payed employee my check was never the same, poor healthcare
A friendly environment where you are able to help sick people
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALMay 15, 2017
This is overall a good place to work and is very relaxed. I have learned a lot dealing with insurance and registering patients. My manager is overall a fair person with everyone when it came to scheduling. The culture of the place is not as professional as it needs to be when it comes to the some of the staff. The hardest part is hearing things that are inappropriate and there is no one to report to because they all stick together. The most enjoyable part is I love my patients and being able to help them.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits for part time workers
Up tight work space with controling staff
(PRN) Registration (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALDecember 25, 2015
Starting at the job was a great way to show how responsible and trust worthy I was. Being able to do my job in the correct manner and getting praises about my work was something I was very proud of. On behalf of my job being hard wasn't so much in the categories of being hard. If you only put your mind to succeeding in the right manner and control then the work will fall in play, which is what I did. But on the other hand Within the company that was over the hospital at the time, the staff/ bosses was up tight and went off of he say she say instead of relying on the truth.
Pros
The hours
Horrible Work Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALMarch 19, 2015
Work 7-3 Decent hours Horrible management no promotion no raise even with wonderful yearly evaluations, no benefits, terrible and judgmental co-workers.
Pros
Direct Supervisor Generous and close to home
Cons
Everything else
worrking with my patients
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALNovember 26, 2013
a day at work was good, under staff at times, learned to work with emergency codes, co workers worked as a team, hardest part was getting lab work back in a timely matter.
Pros
furthering your learning ad educations
Cons
under staffing
small hospital with great employees
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALJune 20, 2013
I enjoy working here! Very flexible and a great work environment.
Wonderful place to work with hometown people!
Ward Clerk/ Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 2, 2013
I enjoy working at the hospital, everyone strives to work together and help out. Its more like a family than a job. It has its good and bad days but overall its pretty good. I have learned the value of a smile and good hard work. Sometimes it gets hard when we are somewhat overwhelmed, but that is typical any where. My most enjoyable part of my job is to know that I have helped someone.
Pros
flexible schedules
benefits
Great place to start a career in the medical field!
PCT/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALMay 21, 2012
Patient load could be anywhere from 5-25 patients in the med-surg department. With a small patient load like this, a PCT (like I was) could learn more than another could at a large-scale facility. I learned about respiratory therapy, physical therapy, drug therapy, being an ER tech, and so many other areas that wouldn't normally be available to explore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crenshaw Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Crenshaw Community Hospital Reviews by Location