Crescent Electric Supply Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My first job
Data/Business Intelligence Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILMay 16, 2018
As an intern, the training provided was great. My boss was my mentor, and a friend. I learned a lot. Office environment was kind of stale, though. Overall, I'm glad to have worked here.
Pros
Training, flexible range of hands-on/hands-off management (depends on position)
Low
Counter Sales/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 1, 2018
They did not hire enough staff to cover the customers. They didn't carry enough product. They were not fair with the pay. Customers complained all the time that an electrical distributor should have product on the shelf.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Good place to work, but pretty old school
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastern, IAApril 28, 2018
In general a strong, secure company. Can be slow to make change and has recently experienced higher and higher turnover in key positions. Very much a cost focused culture.
Work at Crescent
VICE PRESIDENT, CENTRAL REGION (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILApril 6, 2018
In line with other employers. Legacy culture obstacle for change.
Management is OK, Direction is inconsistent. Good company to work for and grow career.
Underpaid and poorly managed
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, ILNovember 28, 2017
A typical day is both stressful and a complete grind. The management is not tech savvy and the compensation is in the bottom 10th percentile for any given position.
Poorly managed work environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2017
Management hires friends kids and buddies.
No structure or discipline in company.
Corporate ignores issues and employees pay the price for it.
Customers not treated as a priority.
Great place to work. Enjoyed the environment.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 31, 2017
Loved the employees, customers, and products. The best job I've ever had. The new computer system worked great for us and the customers after we learned the inside and outside of the system.
This was my first job when I moved from California to Kansas, I was very happy working for this company.
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2017
Crescent Electric is a good place to work, team work is effective and great...
My job as a Counter Sales.
taking care sales calls
walk inn customers,
maintain counter clean,
taking care of every promotion
working together with inside sales to provide a good customer service.
Too corporate
District Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2017
Everything is trickle down
Corporate doesn't care about the employees that actually have the face to face contact with customers
There are 20 vice president positions that seem to be more important than salespeople to actually sell
Very stable company. They are a cash only opporation.
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 5, 2017
Co workers are a close nit group. They will help each other out. The company is very severe oriented. The customer is our boss.
Pros
About 1 time a month lunch is provided.
Cons
No breaks, only 1 hour unpaid lunch.
Worst job ever
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2017
Management was harassing. Could never make them happy. Had bathroom limits- once a day. Came up with different rules as they went along. Can't think of anything nice to say.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and harassed.
advancement is posssible
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2017
I worked at Crescent in Arizona, Missouri and Iowa. Each location brought me new advancement opportunities. With each advancement came more compensation,
Good place to work, Hard to advance
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 12, 2017
You work with good co-workers, roles aren't backbreaking, but advancement is limited and compensation could be a lot better, even for veteran employees. Not a lot of focus on showing appreciation to their employees.
Warehouse
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 4, 2017
All flows downhill to warehouse, order entry and shipping computer system outdated when installed, training is on the fly. Inventory is best guess on a daily basis. Warehouse turnover is very high. Manager has never made a mistake.
Pros
Good people
Cons
"I hire I can fire"
To managers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 5, 2017
To many managers .. sales people.. riding coat tails of current customers.. Before they retire.. Management has know idea what is going on in warehouse Work culture .. atmosphere is looking to go there to work is down. Unload trucks / pick orders / pack orders. Hardest part of job is management doesn't listen to employees opinions .

Most enjoyable is company buys employees lunch n takes them to a baseball game .. and does a golf outing for them
Present Job for over 25 years
Contractor Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NE 69361March 31, 2017
I enjoy working with people and projects that they have whether it be a small project or a construction related jobs.
I began my career with Crescent in the warehouse and worked my way up to sales, quotes, and outside sales.
Everyday brings new situations and continued work on projects that may go on for months. Detailed knowledge of products and capabilities to find information for customers is important. Deadlines on quotes are important to meet, along with searching for the exact product a customer is looking for.
Pros
I have enjoyed working here for over 20 years.
Cons
Various system changes.
poor management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2017
enjoyed job until father got ill with cancer and had to take care of him. left company w/severance and insurance paid. would not work there again did not honor contract.
Pros
like my jobs
Cons
bad management
Official response from Crescent Electric Supply Company
March 23, 2017

We continue to offer our most sincere empathy regarding your father’s illness. Crescent has fulfilled all the assistance it agreed to offer you at the time of your voluntary resignation to care for your father. If there are any items you believe have not been honored, please contact Human Resources.

Great Place To Work
Project/Quotations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2017
This job is corporate in nature but has a family feel to it. A little behind the times in terms of software, but great opportunity to learn and grow as a professional. Concerned that it lacks diversity.
Warehouse worker Crescent Electric Supply Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2016
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been an experience to my career. I had learned a lot of skills from this job not only that but the OSHA safety policy's as well.
Fun, team oriented atmosphere, fast paced and rewarding
Assistant Warehouse Manager/ Delivery (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2016
Coordinating in one big circle, with engaged employees to serve the customers well, and make sure they keep coming back.
With happy customers came a very happy work environment.
The management was top notch, and every dept. seemed to work together well to accomplish the same goals.

Competitive wages, and benefits, a feeling of reward and accomplishment as well as many opportunities to advance in the industry.
Pros
Very friendly hard working crew with a great work life balance
Cons
when the economy dropped out, I unfortunately had to search for other career options