Crescent Heights Employee Reviews

Not recommended
employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
High turnover rates, poor management, and an environment of "employee vs employee" makes this a hard place to work at. Certain base jobs can be very stressful and you will not get the help you need because the company does not want to shell out money for extra employees. This causes one person to take on the job of three people. Opinion/ideas are ignored and managers make stupid decisions that you have no say in.

Benefits are decent and you get a decent amount of PTO but it's not worth it.
Pros
Pto, decent work-life balance, good benefits
Cons
stressful environment, bad managers, employee vs employee
Great place for Independent Seniors to live
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 7, 2018
Crescent Heights is a safe and clean place for your elderly. There is high turnover in upper management. The HR for this company is vary ublear. Rules and ploicy change from location to location. Food and atmosphere is very good.
Pros
Meals included
Cons
High Turnover
Fun productive place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern VASeptember 8, 2018
Worked hard as a maintenance tech starting out in 2003. Was quickly promoted to Construction Manager, overseeing multiple properties and multiple Condo conversions.
Highly financial position
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2018
I loved the people I worked with. I do not feel that my skill set which is more suitable for working with people rather than numbers was utilized well.
Dont work here
Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2018
You are doing yourself a disservice. Unless you're related to the owners you won't get anywhere.

Nepotism and religious issues are rampant. Think twice.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Management, nepotism
great
A/P, A/R Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2018
Work environment was good, staff was eager to teach. Managers were pleasant. Work, never felt pressured. A company i definitely would recommend working for
Truly a family environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2016
I have been with CH for three years. After working for the huge RE companies, Crescent Heights was a welcome change. Yes, it is run differently than the strictly third party management companies - but those differences are what create the culture, innovation, balance, and family atmosphere that result in employee satisfaction and growth. Every employee matters and can be heard. A previous review stated decisions can be inconsistent. That really just shows that they listen, learn, and make corrections when needed. I would rather have that then sticking to a policy or decision that was not good in the long run.

If you can deal with the changes and have the right attitude, you will be welcomed with open arms and supported. If you are willing to work hard, communicate, and provide value, this is the company for you. If you want an easy place to just punch the clock, this is not the place for you.
Pros
holidays, work life balance, management support
Cons
bulding sales, not enough properties in the South.
Great company to work for.
Associate Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
This was the best company that I have worked for. Great employees, provided exactly what I needed to advance my career to the next level. If they had not removed themselves from the Atlanta market I would definitely still be with them.
Cons
Left Atlanta area.
Condo coversion during the building boom
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
Sold updated condos from on site finished two and three bedroom models and help choose finishes in the design process as well as assisted in securing mortgages to allow financing that lead to the housing crash in 2010.
The worst
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  10000 Santa MonicaNovember 30, 2017
This place is so stressed, some manager dressing with ties make racism to the others employees, especially with their own race ,it's really stupid.
good work environment
maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
I would recommend crescent heights the benefits are nice ,work environment is good, we come in at 8 do and do our assigned sections of the grounds, after that my day would consist of doing work orders and what ever else would be needed from me to keep the property functioning properly ,the most enjoyable part was the people on the staff,
Pros
good environment
10,000 Santa Monica is a great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  10,000 Santa MonicaDecember 20, 2017
Very happy here. I love the residents and my co-workers. People here take pride in their job and are passionate about delivering service excellence. I have learned a lot.
Long Term
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
Crescent Heights has been able to redefine itself because of its unique perspective and ability to evolve ahead of others. For a RE company there isn't a better group out there. They build the best and self manage its buildings. The company has created an environment of independence and excitement around all that it does. As a long term employee I have had the opportunity to see the company and its employees evolve. There isn't a better company in RE to work for and if you are willing to give everything you will get it back. The executive team is balanced, passionate and wiling to change.
Pros
Integrity, flexibility and unlimited opportunities
Company with great projects
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 9, 2017
Working as a Housekeeper. After apartments were already fixed, the housekeeper team needs to clean to leave them ready to show up to the future buyers.
Great work life balance and good management
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2016
This is a very company, the work hours a very good and management are very respectful. My co- workers are enjoyable to work with and everyone get along with each other very well in my department.
Pros
Annual Lunch
disappointingly leaderless
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  undisclosedApril 1, 2016
very inconsistent and disorganized, no training, little to no communication, no advocacy of management. poor direction. no oversight.
Pros
off for jewish holidays
Cons
inconsistent management decisions
Wonderful
Housekeeping/Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 24, 2012
I truly miss working here. Your treated with genuine respect and helpful advice to improve your work qualities.
Pros
management with high morals and compassion !
Good company to work for.
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2012
Crescent Heights was a pleasure to work for. Family enviorment
Na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2015
The property I worked at sold after 5 months of employment. I enjoyed my short time with the company. My experience with Crescent Heights was positive and professional.
CH Review
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 3, 2016
Provided office and field support throughout the design and construction phases of a project. I have gained much knowledge and experience using technical techniques to keep project running smoothly with efficiency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crescent Heights. Our community is ready to answer.