Crescent Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Completely unsafe and backbreaking work
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYOctober 9, 2018
Was not a safe place at all to work. Back breaking work with nothing in place to help the employees stay safe. You stand in one place on a concrete floor for your entire shift. No back belts, no ergonomics at all in place. No rotation during your shift so you were less prone to injury.

They make soap and some hazmat products and this place doesn't care about local laws or the environment. They are instructed to dump toxic stuff down the drain and are offered no PPE whatsoever. The air is filled with toxins and you go home with rashes and have difficulty breathing.

Don't work here. Believe me, you'll thank me for this review.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Unsafe and deplorable conditions
Great company to work for
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYAugust 27, 2018
A typical day at work varied depending on the number of orders that needed to be entered, projects that were issued and the amount of phone calls I received. Some days were very busy, which always helped the day go by faster, and some days were slower and I was looking for work to keep busy.

During my one and a half year as the receptionist, I learned a lot about wholesale business and manufacturing. The hands-on experience helped me to gain more knowledge than I did in a college classroom.

I couldn't have asked for a better office atmosphere to work in for my first office job. Everyone is very determined to get their jobs done and communicate well to do so. Everyone got along very well and had a great sense of humor. Not gossipy which I appreciated.

This is not a place for those who are afraid of work. While they do offer paid sick and vacation time, they expect people to actually come to work every day and not be on their phones when they do. I've always heard that Crescent has a "revolving door" but I don't think it is actually because of the company, its people not willing to work.

Overall I'd say a great place to work especially for young people trying to get their foot in the door or start working full-time.

Also, they offer paid holidays, sick and vacation time, 401k, healthcare, dental and bonuses.

I would not have left this job if I wasn't offered a higher paying job.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, room for advancement, free pizza
Cons
Potholes in parking lot
There is a reason the reception job is always posted
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYAugust 12, 2018
I applied for the reception position. I saw it was posted all the time. That should have been a sign something wasn't right. I think management should start fixing problems on their end or no one will work there. Very high turn over in this position.
mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYMay 21, 2018
on a day would go in start lines up make sure they are running right then I would go to shop do some inventory fix what ever need to be fixed .you pretty much was learning something new almost every day.mangment were pretty decent most of them anyway.culture was pretty decent.hard sometime 2nd shift would have lines crossed it take little time to fig out.i enjoyed seting up the lines to run
Pros
bounus
Cons
point system
Temporary job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Good work experience,provided health insurance and partially dental .worked with different machinery on assembly lines ................................
Receptionist/line worker
Line worker, ex receptionist (Current Employee) –  North Collins, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Horrible management. Don't treat employees fairly. Play the favoritism card and single people out. This is not a good place to work by all means...I would not recommend anyone to work here...
Cons
Wonderful place to work, family oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Collins, NYNovember 9, 2017
After a year at crescent, I have a lot of wonderful things to say about the company. It’s a family business, which employees are treated as family as well. Everyday brings new duties, which keeps you on your toes. Felxibale hours, hour lunch, and not to mention staff that works well together. Overall a wonderful business to work for.
Not a good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North CollinsNovember 3, 2017
If you like to smoke, then this is the place for you! Employees take hourly smoke breaks, and smoke right in the entrance of the building. 8 hours x 10 minute smoke breaks= 80 minutes productivity lost per smoker per day--and there's a lot of them!. Non-smokers, like me, just have to deal with the 2nd and 3rd hand smoke, and nothing is ever said about it. Sets a very unprofessional tone as well, as there are customers and vendors who visit the company.

The only opportunity for advancement in the company is in the sales department. They call it the revolving door department, because nobody ever stays very long--I understand why now after being there.

I was not told before I accepted the position that you don't get paid for holidays until 90 days after your start date. I think that is something that should be mentioned before you are hired--could be a deal breaker for some.

I have never been in a more unprofessional work environment. If you do actually present yourself as a professional person (and non-smoker), you will be the outcast in the company. Guaranteed.

I would have given Crescent Mfg. a zero stars review if the option was available.
Pros
Cons
Overall bad work environment
Plenty of overtime
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, CTSeptember 12, 2017
work day consists of 6 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday, and 6 am to 3 pm on Fridays.
one hour worth of breaks per day.
physical environment and on your feet all day.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Long days, no air conditioning
good place to work
Forklift Operator / Shipping (Former Employee) –  Burlington, CTMay 7, 2017
Forklift operator, unloading and loading trucks with raw materials and machinery. Organized warehouse for best potential use. Assisted shipping with using pallet jacks when needed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay and benefits good but overall direction from management very lacking
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont OhioJuly 18, 2016
I worked there for 2 years and employee buy-in is non-existent. The work environment is abysmal and the place is filthy. The owner will run the company into the ground.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Job outlook, future profits
Not bad Not great
Ohio - Heat Treat Operator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Good middle of the road place to work. Horrible union, the front office gets away with changes that union turns blind eye too. Workers are great friends tight family like group.
Packager/Ppicker
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYJuly 16, 2015
My typical day was very fast paced and hard work. I had to keep up with the demand as quick as the output was being made. The management was not that good due to insufficient job skills. They were not properly trained to manage this type of facility. There was a lot of barriers due to lack of communication. Most of my co-workers were temporary so there was a lot of people revolving through the doors.
The hardest part of my job was to continually train new people due to the most staff being "temporary." The most enjoyable part of this job was that is was so fast paced, that quitting time came fast.
Pros
You could take home products.
Cons
Rotating employees
CNC Machinist
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYMay 20, 2014
Good training. Learned CNC setups and operation. Had good co-workers.
very political
accounts receivable, accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OH 43420July 8, 2013
I interviewed for one job, but the job was taken so I was given another position that was open. There was not enough work for 40 hours, I evidently worked more efficiently than my predecessor.
Owners were very motivated and focused on business and customers. I was there a short time but in that period several people were "screamed at" and fired, and others fired for unknown reasons