Crescent Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Temporary job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Good work experience,provided health insurance and partially dental .worked with different machinery on assembly lines ................................
Receptionist/line worker
Line worker, ex receptionist (Current Employee) –  North Collins, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Horrible management. Don't treat employees fairly. Play the favoritism card and single people out. This is not a good place to work by all means...I would not recommend anyone to work here...
Cons
Wonderful place to work, family oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Collins, NYNovember 9, 2017
After a year at crescent, I have a lot of wonderful things to say about the company. It’s a family business, which employees are treated as family as well. Everyday brings new duties, which keeps you on your toes. Felxibale hours, hour lunch, and not to mention staff that works well together. Overall a wonderful business to work for.
Not a good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North CollinsNovember 3, 2017
If you like to smoke, then this is the place for you! Employees take hourly smoke breaks, and smoke right in the entrance of the building. 8 hours x 10 minute smoke breaks= 80 minutes productivity lost per smoker per day--and there's a lot of them!. Non-smokers, like me, just have to deal with the 2nd and 3rd hand smoke, and nothing is ever said about it. Sets a very unprofessional tone as well, as there are customers and vendors who visit the company.

The only opportunity for advancement in the company is in the sales department. They call it the revolving door department, because nobody ever stays very long--I understand why now after being there.

I was not told before I accepted the position that you don't get paid for holidays until 90 days after your start date. I think that is something that should be mentioned before you are hired--could be a deal breaker for some.

I have never been in a more unprofessional work environment. If you do actually present yourself as a professional person (and non-smoker), you will be the outcast in the company. Guaranteed.

I would have given Crescent Mfg. a zero stars review if the option was available.
Pros
Cons
Overall bad work environment
Plenty of overtime
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, CTSeptember 12, 2017
work day consists of 6 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday, and 6 am to 3 pm on Fridays.
one hour worth of breaks per day.
physical environment and on your feet all day.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Long days, no air conditioning
good place to work
Forklift Operator / Shipping (Former Employee) –  Burlington, CTMay 7, 2017
Forklift operator, unloading and loading trucks with raw materials and machinery. Organized warehouse for best potential use. Assisted shipping with using pallet jacks when needed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay and benefits good but overall direction from management very lacking
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont OhioJuly 18, 2016
I worked there for 2 years and employee buy-in is non-existent. The work environment is abysmal and the place is filthy. The owner will run the company into the ground.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Job outlook, future profits
Not bad Not great
Ohio - Heat Treat Operator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Good middle of the road place to work. Horrible union, the front office gets away with changes that union turns blind eye too. Workers are great friends tight family like group.
Packager/Ppicker
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYJuly 16, 2015
My typical day was very fast paced and hard work. I had to keep up with the demand as quick as the output was being made. The management was not that good due to insufficient job skills. They were not properly trained to manage this type of facility. There was a lot of barriers due to lack of communication. Most of my co-workers were temporary so there was a lot of people revolving through the doors.
The hardest part of my job was to continually train new people due to the most staff being "temporary." The most enjoyable part of this job was that is was so fast paced, that quitting time came fast.
Pros
You could take home products.
Cons
Rotating employees
CNC Machinist
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Collins, NYMay 20, 2014
Good training. Learned CNC setups and operation. Had good co-workers.
very political
accounts receivable, accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OH 43420July 8, 2013
I interviewed for one job, but the job was taken so I was given another position that was open. There was not enough work for 40 hours, I evidently worked more efficiently than my predecessor.
Owners were very motivated and focused on business and customers. I was there a short time but in that period several people were "screamed at" and fired, and others fired for unknown reasons