Cresco Labs Employee Reviews

Co-workers have become family to me
Budtender/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 17, 2019
Fast growing and wide spreading, Cresco is opening up locations all across the country. They need to slow down and get one place set up all the way before moving to the next to avoid issues in the future. HR involvement needs to increase. The team I work with is like a family unit, we all take care of each other and get together outside of work. The pace is fast and you have to be flexible in this industry, but you're going to see miracles and change lives.
Pros
Free lunches, free swag, 401k matching, advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours, hard to take time off
Incredible to Work at
anon (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
Cresco Labs shows so much room for vertical growth. Management does a fantastic job of hiring incredibly versatile and intelligent people who make it a great and motivated workplace environment. I love coming in every day. The pay and benefits are incredible, and there are many social outings and company gatherings outside of work hours. Cresco is a close-knit community and is growing by the minute. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
beautiful office, standing desks, lunch delivery, free lunch, vertical growth, young, dynamic, up&coming, growing fast
toxic management
Cultivation Technician (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAFebruary 28, 2019
management favoritism has resulted in promotions for people lacking in agriculture or farm experiences.

zero leadership and accountability. management uses a bilingual workforce to keep people uninformed.
Pros
8 hr workdays
Cons
bad leaders, toxic culture.
Enjoy my job!
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookville, PAFebruary 18, 2019
I have been with this company for 10 months. I still enjoy my job! In this time I have already received more dinners, outings, Shirts, hats than I did in 11 years with previous employer. My manager and supervisor are THE BEST!. Advice: Come to work to work on time, not only do what expected but more and work your scheduled days! That will get noticed! With that said, It is a new business with many hiccups and the growth is phenomenal. This Business is growing and I am glad to be a part of something BIG! Apply if you are a hardworking team player!
Pros
Great management! Room for advancement!
Cons
Sometimes long days if meeting high customer demands!
Poorly organized and managed, shady management, drama
Lab (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAFebruary 12, 2019
Job was OK, the manager talked down to employees and if you were female was snotty, she referred to me as “she” and would talk about me like I wasn’t in the room. Was told it was a dayshift job and then they tell you after youre hired that you’re expected to stay over every day and you never knew when you were actually getting to leave. Poorly ran place overall. They also will accuse people of stealing and other random things just as an excuse to fire them.
Pros
Paid half decent for the area
Cons
Everything else
Great at getting people in the door but it stops there
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 12, 2019
I was ecstatic to get hired at cresco but that wore off pretty quickly.Horrible management and extremely nosy co workers made for a terrible experience. Little to no training and if you don't fit the mold you are pushed out.They tell you that your ideas will be accepted with open arms but they get knocked down before you even have a chance fully explain them.The pay is very low and after paying for your "benefits" you are not left with much pay to survive on.I had high hope's for cresco but sadly it is just another company ran by uneducated people that are only in it for the money not the patients well being.Not bringing a great impression into a very new industry here in illinois.
Cons
Too many to list
Overworked, not enough employees, lack of benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 3, 2019
Cresco is a sad place to work. Lack of attention to employees. Underpaid and not appreciated. No bonus/stock/401. Shady practices throughout the entire facility. Crony leadership structure. A company run by former sub-prime loan sharks. Little if any knowledge of the actual product, a pure cash grab for them. They post false information about employee workplace environment. Cresco is sad.
Pros
5 Gallon Water Cooler in break room
Cons
Lies from the top down
Great industry, bad company
Management (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 5, 2018
Zero transparency - 95% of employees are in the dark regarding the company in general. Horrible training "program". Poor time-management. Unfufilled promises. Hard work dosnt t pay off here. No recognition other than occasional food trucks and outings. Compensation is not fair - cannot live on the wages they pay. Stop hiring tons of outside work to make a brand and pay your employees fairly instd. Problems are not taken seriously - management only focuses on their task at hand and doesn't bother with any other suggestions or issues. Entry-level positions - they will hire almost anyone and treat you like a robot. As long as you do a minimal job, you will stay there forever. There isn't much pride taken. Greed takes over in all aspects here.
Pros
Working in the industry
Cons
Management is horrible, horrible training, you need to be "uppity" to move forward, the list is too long to type
Inexperienced manager, poor pay for being hands on with the plant, chop shop 24/7 mentality, denied planned advancement
Cultivation Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I had a boss that was young and inexperienced with the plant after i've spent close to a decade being hands on with it. Drama with other employees, poor pay for being a sought after grower, and being pressed to stay long hours or visit another facility in the middle of the week soured the experience. I planned to move into a corporate role to advance my career path and was denied twice after having a conversation with them about it in my interviews. My advice: go to smaller company with a more knit culture and one where the CEO and head grower want to engage and learn about their employees.
Pros
Being hands on with mother nature in a large facility.
Cons
Low transparency, political, childish boss, ego problems, poor pay
Loved the work
Packaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 25, 2018
Being a new company there were many hurdles, some bad managers and supervisors made it very difficult to work there. It was stressful due to lack of organization and supervisor involement. The work enviorment was great. had a beautiful facility. Many of the co workers were amazing too.