Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

Stressful
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Cresskill, NJFebruary 15, 2019
I being working at this company for almost three years and they are a bunch of liars they just want to give you responsibility but,when you ask about any negotiation about rise they won’t give you nothing I won’t recommend this company to a friend
Part of the Family
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJanuary 29, 2019
The entire company is like a family and everyone there wants you to succeed in your field. If your ever having a hard time with a project there is always someone who can give you some tips to find your answer.
Unsafe place
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockliegh njJanuary 23, 2019
Worked in assembly tried to move forward to engeering was qualified but not given the job because of management holding me back so I left to bad I could have helped
Pros
Pretty girls
Cons
Don't speak english
Stifling corporate culture
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 15, 2019
I have found working at Crestron to be very stifling of creativity, with dismal prospects for advancement, and a salary that makes it difficult to make ends meet. I would not recommend working at Crestron. I feel little more than disposable part of a machine.
Pros
My coworkers are decent blokes.
Cons
Management makes the rank and file feel stifled
Stressful environment
Sr. Product Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJanuary 12, 2019
Stressful and confrontational environment
Micromanagement of senior level engineers
Unhappy people
Lack of technical knowledge and discipline on all levels
Management that lacks knowledge of modern engineering and manufacturing practices
Pros
Creative atmosphere
Cons
Stressfull and confrontational environment
One of the worst employment choices
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2019
The leadership is hard headed and very much schedule driven. That is the schedule they come up with and absolutely do not care about the quality of the products. That results in poor quality and installations and a constant flow of escalations that engineers have to address even on obsolete products.
Cons
Costly benefits, archaic PTO and company culture. Still stuck in 90s
productive and collaborative environment
Driver and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJDecember 27, 2018
looking at the position I had at Crestron I've learned a very great deal of skills in addition to what I already know. Of course, like any job, it comes with difficult tasks at times but being the collaborative and charismatic person I am just assisted in the peaceful environment I was in.
Pros
constructive criticism, constant learning, and paid vacations.
Cons
nothing
Nice onsite work envirment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TX and Plano TXDecember 14, 2018
Worked at Crestron 7 year's, enjoyed my job, new management came in and all changed

The job required outbound and inbound calls, developing leads for outside field reps, we had different district territories, Crestron is a Global manufacturer for advanced technology control solutions.

Worked well until work started slowing down, Job requirements changed.
Pros
Job offered free meals when Dealers were onsite, events were nice, nice work envirment
Cons
Managment changed, business changed
acceptable
SMT Process Technician on Panasonic Machines (Former Employee) –  Cresskill, NJNovember 28, 2018
I was satisfied with my experience working at Crestron. Management treated me fairly. Work environment was friendly and job was challenging. I did enjoy working there.
Pros
Good enviroment.
Cons
No shift differential.
Good stable company
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 5, 2018
Great workplace, nice bosses. Global business. Would be perfect if there's room to grow from my current post. I enjoy coming to work here. You are expected to stay late on month ends.
Cons
Expensive health care
Not so nice to assembler workers
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cresskill, NJOctober 24, 2018
My first years working at the company were great, but as time passed it displayed signs of deterioration. Workers health insurance changed for the worst. Unprofessional employees were hired. Many co-workers cause an unlimited amount of drama and management does not do enough to stop the immaturity. There is a lot of favoritism that leads to special perks to the employees that "suck up" to supervisors and managers. People who lollygagged and did not accomplish their duties were given raises due to these "beneficial friendships" while other hard workers were given a few more cents an hour. Human resources will never side with a non-managerial employee in any issue and have fired employees for reasons that should have had others fired.
Cons
Healthcare, work culture, wages and raises
Laboratory looking environment with a lot of 4k TV's
Tester/Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 22, 2018
I loved working at Crestron Electronics. It was a very laid back environment as long as you got your work done. There were times where there was a lot of work almost like a quota. You had to finish the work. I never had a problem getting my work done. I was a tester. I tested the products that the assemblers made, to ensure they worked. If the the product was faulty I would have to put a fail ticket on the product so the assembler can fix it. That is kind of how the day went. The assemblers would make the products the testers would test them. And if they passed the packers would pack them. It was a repetitive job but fun none the less.

My only complaint with Crestron Electronics was the technicians. There was one technician there who would abuse his power.

I was at my test bench alone testing electronic boards, one after another. Doing my job when I realized something wasn't right, at first i thought it was my own doing. The boards where failing at random times through out the day mostly when no one was around.

I finally figured out the problem and it was the technician in his office.

As i was trying to run tests on the boards he was secretly changing the scripts to my test bench, causing my boards to fail.

At first i thought it was my fault, maybe i was doing something wrong with the test, but that certainly wasn't the case.

He was back in his office having the time of his life, and i'm at my bench struggling trying to figure out why the boards are failing.

The way I new it was him doing this and nothing else was because a different technician came
  more... to my bench and told me all he had to do was change the script and it will pass. He walked to his office changed the script and the unit passed. So at that point i new the colored technician was up to no good. That's when i decided to quit.

I'm sure he thought it was the funniest thing ever but for me it wasn't. i had to leave after i found out what he was doing behind my back.
Pros
You get to watch movies while you work/ and you can sit
Cons
Technicians who abuse there power for there own enjoyment
Not so fun place
None (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 15, 2018
Top management controls dimes and nickles. No possibility to express your opinion. You are always wrong. Boss bullies subordinates. They do give you free milk though.
Cons
Controlling, very expensive health care, HR very poor.
A great place to work and gain experience
Tester (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 7, 2018
A great place to gain experience. If you are looking for entry level jobs, this company is a good place to start. The people that I've worked with are pretty helpful. I just wished they paid more.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
30 mins lunch, low pay
Keep looking, anything is better.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg NYOctober 7, 2018
One of the worse jobs I'd ever had. Management was miserable. Treated their employees terribly and very disrespectfully. Would always work OT on weekends, if you weren't available for one after working every other one, they would make you feel like your letting them and the company down if you couldn't make it in for OT. Horrible work environment. Everyone is unhappy, are not aloud to speak to each other, if you do it could lead to a write up. There is no real chance at advancement. Just a very tense and depressing environment. They tried running it like a prison. I worked at the Orangeburg location and it had to be one of the worse jobs in my life so far. Wouldn't recommend it to my enemy. Anything is better than this place.
Pros
Clocking out and leaving for the day.
terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJAugust 27, 2018
Upper management micro mange middle management; who are nothing but meat shields, plain and simple Dumb people are put in charge of the smart people so they have someone to easily blame/yell at.

They expect you to devote your every breath of life to the company, work stupid amounts of OT not only during the week but on weekends as well.

there is so much wrong with that place I cannot even begin to list it here.
Pros
Outside vending food in cafateria
Cons
everything else
theres better places to work
Product Tester (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJ 07647August 27, 2018
the pros,
easy work
multiple languages and antithesis
heath benefits are fine
cons
micro management is an obnoxious
overall management is very poorly handled
pay isn't equitable for the amount of work you do
work load is inconsistent,
feels like some days you have little or nothing to do, others you work as hard as two or more employees.
Terrible management, nobody's got your back and terrible training
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southeast USAugust 17, 2018
When you start a job here, no "real" applicable training. Throw you out in the field and go to it. Salesman mislead to sell big project packages only to have me travel back and forth to appease the client.

Direct Service manager, no experience in people management, hammers down on people more than helping them do better. Hides problems and hopes they go away.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
Terrible direct support manager
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 6, 2018
Workers seem to be afraid of upper management. Offices are old and not kept well. Owners act like they rule employee's. And I suspect some employee's may not have legal status so they keep in toe. Worst job experience I've ever encountered.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Poor working conditons, Poor management, cheap outfit
Good work life balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 25, 2018
Great company with great people! You have to Job craft and figure out how to work with others fast. The company has a great family orientation and that is what makes it great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crestron Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.