Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
happy camper
BOM (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 19, 2018
I have been with Crestwood for 18 years I went from receptionist to payroll and now to office manager. so far it's been a pleasure but of course the down side of being with a company so long is that your wage is pretty low and California is not cheap.
Do not work here!
former employee (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJuly 14, 2018
If you would like to work for a place that is dangerous, always understaffed and the management could care less about you then look no further. Crestwood is the worst for helping people and more for putting more money in the directors pockets. They will make up "rules" that will best fit their needs and make their own hours maybe 4-6 a day and you'll rarely see them working. The main director is cheap and will see how much that he can get out of clients raising mini-mart prices that makes them obese. They sweep scandals under the rug and make sure to only promote people that tell on others, so they can get more information about the staff. If you plan to work here then prepare to be unhappy and be so stressed out that it could put you in a hospital.
Pros
The staff are nice
Cons
Management does not care about you safety or health
Overall the company as a whole is needs training
not important (Former Employee) –  not importantJune 1, 2018
All the locations with this company needs training, overall once that's done it will be an entirely different place to work so it will be more professional and ethical.
Fresno bridge program
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 15, 2018
Crestwood is great as a whole, but do not work at the fresno bridge location. Management should advocate wellness for their staff, but do not at all. Dont work here if you plan to keep your marriage or have children. Non understanding management. Clients are merely numbers.
Pros
Crestwood is a great company
Cons
Not the fresno bridge program
Felt like a plantation
LVN (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 15, 2018
If you like getting treated like a slave this is a great place to work. if your not part of upper management be prepared to be talked down to like a child. Very clicky and unprofessional.
Pros
holiday pay and benefits
Cons
management
Unsafe and Unprofessional
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Management not good, over worked, and dangerous clients. Lots of people who work there very unprofessional. i worked the Noc shift steady 40 hours, some quiet nights and some heightened moments. Lack of staff. Nurses always in the office, but when a crisis occured they did step up and help rehabworkers. $11.00 not enough to get your but whipped! lol
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management not good and a serious high turnover in staff
Unprofessional all around.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 2, 2017
Unfortunate experience with this facility and administration. Extremely unprofessional and administrators were unable to improve the situation. Hopefully they are able to work out their issues for the better of the employees and patients.
Do your job well and go home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2017
Separation of work and personal life is a must here. Gossip is rampant and creates plenty of problems. Management walks around about once a month and implements new rules with zero follow through. They don't always understand what it's like to actually be a CNA out on the floor everyday. It's easy for them to think of new rules and think they're involved. The only time you ever really see teamwork here is when state comes in to inspect. Bet your bottom dollar EVERYONE is offering to pass out food trays and offering help that week. Despite all the "politics" if you have a solid work partner and get comfortable on your station, this is a good job.
Pros
Free lunch often, benefits, monthly attendance bonus, laundry is always stocked
Cons
Stressful, gossiping, not very much teamwork, poor management
Great staff, administrator inexperienced with no clinical background.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Bay, CAApril 25, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working with staff and clients; however, under new management with no nursing experience or knowledge. Nurses are frequently understaffed and overworked; high turnover. Nursing salaries are not competitive. Get your one year experience, then get out.
Pros
New grads welcome.
Cons
Admin with no nursing background.
Great job to have if you enjoy helping people.
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2017
I work for the company 5 years, if you enjoy interacting with people this job would be great for you. There is a lot of client interaction. Job duties are basic but can be tough when you need to ensure safety for staff & other clients.
Pros
Great job for individuals who like to interact with people.
Cons
Could be mentally & physically Drainging.
Administration need to be removed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMarch 26, 2017
Overall, I love that fact that I was able to do something bigger than myself, and that was helping an providing support, commitment to those I was entrusted to work with.. Moreover, Administration was a nightmare.i truly hope for the benefit of the clients, that they get committed, high intergrity individuals, who know how to effectively run a MHRC Program. The staff desperately need help and guidance, and the clients need a starting point to what the overall program is designed to accomplish.
Pros
Great co-workers, great clients.
Cons
Admin, Admin, and Admin.
Enjoyable positions.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 15, 2013
I enjoy my job. Daily, we have a monring report, I do 1:1 sessions and groups, aling with monthly supervision of mental health workers and lead four inservices monthly.

My skills have become stronger, since I get to use them daily.

The company focuses on staffs' strengths.

It is easy to talk with managment; they make time for you.

I have a nice computer, but I need to develop more computer skills.

I enjoy working with staff and mangement who care about the clients; I enjoy being a part of the clients lives while they are here.