Crestwood Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Horrible work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2019
A lot of favortism. Managment and most staff is rude. They have no type of structure. No benefits for on call staff. No chance of advancement. Place is all together a bad place to work.
Pros
Clients are cool.
Cons
Staff Managment Benefits
Management knows nothing about mental health.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Every day I was asked to compromise my values at Crestwood because the clients are treated so poorly. I feel truly sorry for them, as they are not rehabilitated because the program is so poorly run.
Pros
The food is great. The clients eat so well.
Cons
Employees are compensated so poorly.
social worker intern
MSW Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAFebruary 17, 2019
Crestwood was the start of my love for mental health; I was able to work with elderly and young adult patients on their mental health challenges in a locked facility setting.
One on one care with individuals
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 17, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of one on one counseling, medication administration, and support with activities of daily living. I learned how to support individuals struggling with mental health challenges as well as the importance of medication management. I learned better time management skills and people skills. The workplace culture was positive and supportive at the time I worked there. The hardest part of the position had to do with watching individuals make poor choices. The most enjoyable part of the position was watching individuals succeed in their life plans.
Pros
Being a part of helping others succeed.
Cons
Seeing the effect unhealthy family members had on individuals.
Bad place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 3, 2019
This is a horrible place to work. There are so many people who quit. The morale is the lowest that I have ever seen in a mental care facility. Everybody is unhappy here. There are so many BAD attitudes. I’ve never worked at a place that is so negative and depressing. If you are reading this and you are considering working here, DONT. It is a waste of your time. The turnover rate is so high. The Staff get mandated to work everyday. It’s sad. And nobody and I mean nobody likes the DON. She is so unprofessional and just nasty to staff. Stay away from this place. Go work somewhere else where you can be appreciated.
Its a good place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJanuary 29, 2019
This is a good place to work the higher up are amazing.needs more advancing jobs and better kitchen manger. Working with mental unstable is difficult but worth is
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Crestwood behavior health is a place to learn about each different mental illness.
Recovery coach job to help rehabilitate each client.
Working at crestwood give you a opportunity to interact with each client.
Uneducated and disrespectful management
LVN (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 8, 2019
What a great place this would be for both clients and nurses if not for the lack of education and demeaning DON. The staff turn around is at such a fast pace/high rate that it is very sad to see. The DON is not helpful in providing a positive work environment but does the complete opposite! Belittling the nurses in such a fashion that it’s disrespectful and downright unethical. It’s amazing that administration are not aware or maybe ignore?
Pros
Kind hard working nurses
Cons
Director of nurses
Unprofessional place
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128December 20, 2018
Inexperienced workers.
Favoritism is obvious.
No system.
Hours are okay.
Workers have good relationship.
High risk for injury at workplace.
Management is premature.
Very diverse place to work in
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 8, 2018
Very diverse place to work in
This is a good place to work if you need experience in health care field
Department heads have many years of experience
Staff are friendly and helpful
Many residents to handle, but it’s easy to do work once you’re settled
Pros
Events are fun, they pay well
Cons
Lots of gossiping

Want to know more about Crestwood Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
I had a wonderful Experience
Quality Assurance Coordinator/ LPT Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 14, 2018
Crestwood has a therapeutic work environment. All the staff are very helpful and the management are very professional. The Administrator is very Intelligent & cares about the staff's development. it was a pleasure working at Crestwood Vallejo.
If you have any ethics do not work here
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2018
Dangerously misinformed Administrator made the San Francisco Healing Center both a dangerous and unethical place to work. They claim to offer DBT to the clients but there is nobody trained to facilitate. After the Program Director left everything collapsed. The patients no longer receive quality care, staff morale is low, and staff is constantly being injured. The Director of Operations acts like she cares but it’s really about the bottom line and staff safety is not a priority. Acuity level is much higher than what staff is trained for and the ratio of staff to client is far too high. It’s sad because this place could really do some wonderful things but as long as the cure Administrator is there things will only get more dangerous
Pros
Clients and direct care staff
Cons
Program director left and things went downhill fast, Administrator, lack of support, dangerous, high turnover
great staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 31, 2018
As an LVN I learned a lot in there. Staff were very supportive and they take care of each other. They have great MD and management who helped us whenever they can. Work is fast paced.
Pros
family oriented environment
Cons
Pay, nurses station need work
I don’t recommend this place!!
Housekeeper Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaOctober 30, 2018
This place is no bueno ! They tell you one thing about a position and then they tell you another thin. Management there is no bueno, I worked my butt off working for the sf crestwood, they never appreciated my hard work. I was a housekeeper by the way, and when I got there those toilets were black and thanks to me those toilets got WHITE !!!!! Management is no buenooooo no good!

No proper supplies for cleaning
Pros
Cons
Management, no communication, no good pay, full of lies, no greetings, rude management
Administration
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 21, 2018
Admin was unprofessional at times. Absolutely no team work from Admin. They spoke rudely to employees. Admin was always pulling staff in asking if there is work gossip going on, had me puzzled. Admin does not care about your family life or obligations. Your schedule is constantly changing without notice. No cooler in the kitchen, cooking for 15 individuals sweating! Admin would take 2 to 3 hour lunches.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
A lot
poor management
Working under supervision of registered nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2018
poor management, weak, employee abuse
always short
not enough staff
one nurse pass med for four five patient
that is over load
no help
if you compline no. body hear you
Pros
nothing pro
Cons
poor management
Great first place to work as a new nurse
Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 29, 2018
Staff was supportive and always treated each other as family. I was taught many things about my own mental health and it has made me a stronger person mentally.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CASeptember 21, 2018
Fairly decent place to work if your into working with people who have mental illness. Good incentives. Good co workers to work with. Can be enjoyed. Good experience.
Well compensated for frequently hazardous work, but vital training not always availablel
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CASeptember 18, 2018
Working with clients with severe mental and physical illnesses and disabilities was often hazardous, and while you are well compensated for your work, vital on the job training is not always provided due to availability of upper management and often hectic environment. Left position for reasons unrelated to company and my rating is largely due to an unfortunately poor fit between myself and the type of work Crestwood does.
Pros
coworkers and a loving atmosphere centered on self care and then care of others
Cons
hazardous environment
Fairly fast paced
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CASeptember 8, 2018
Job requires attention to clients and daily routines and responsibilities as well as making sure that staff documents all behaviors and observation's.
Pros
Decent training