Crestwood Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Fairly fast paced
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CASeptember 8, 2018
Job requires attention to clients and daily routines and responsibilities as well as making sure that staff documents all behaviors and observation's.
Pros
Decent training
Cons
This is a gteat place to work if you are solely involved with the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2018
This is a great place to work if you like mental health. The residents are fun and the work environment is what you make it. Advancement is likely and they hire within first.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
High-paced, stressful, but rewarding place to work
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 28, 2018
Working here will mean you have a lot of responsibility, making sure your clients are okay, and helping meet their needs if their not. There's two facilities on campus: a Residential board and care, and a Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF). Each one has their varying levels of responsibility. The residential is a long-term care, 28 bed facility, where the staff handles everything from medication administration to washing the shower rooms. There are no nurses in this facility, as it's a non-medical facility. The PHF is a short-term care, 16 bed facility, with nurses, and it varies day to day with clients and how calm it is.
However, it's a very rewarding place to work at. You see clients come in and leave, having done a 180 degree turn from when they arrived.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Working at Crestwood
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at this company. The management cares for their residents and staff with a true sense of respect. I left the company to go back to school full time, but I would not think twice about going back to work for them, even after all these years.
Great community
Project Facilitator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 31, 2018
The directors and C level executives really make you feel apart of the "Crestwood Family" they actually care about their staff and make even the smallest role feel important.
Amazing
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2018
I have been at Crestwood Behavioral Health since December 2017. It is an amazing therapeutic environment for those experiencing a mental health crisis.
Good Enviornment
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJune 5, 2018
It is a Behavioral Health facility so incidents do happen but it is a fairly simple job. If you are a understanding person and open minded it maybe the place for you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
bad communication
If you’re looking to reduce your moral and to be treated as if you’re worthless, you e come to the right pla e
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMay 31, 2018
This place is the worst of the worst. If the admin cared for their employees this place could really be turned around. The DON has no clue what is ever going on and never helps anyone. Program director treats staff like dirt, and likes to hire family as well as family friends. Has favorites and only favors those. Employees are regularly put into higher danger than needed, due to lack of care for staff.
Such a great place to work at:
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2018
Crestwood is an amazing and friendly place to work at. If getting into the role of working with mentally disabled patients is your thing i highly recommend Crestwood. Nice clients, Caring co-workers. I have no bad comments for Crestwood at all.
Horrible
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 4, 2018
Management treats clients like gold, and employees horrible. Management talk to the clients like babies, and forget they’re adults that deserve respect. No advancement opportunities, or appreciation to the employees..
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management & administration
Love the culture and the family here
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 29, 2018
Its about everyone involved. The people we serve, the dtaff on the floor, the nurses, the case management team, the directors. We all have a partto play and a role to fill... cooperation and commitment to the values if Crestwood are key. Love the trainings and all the investments the company puts into its workers.
Productive and fast paced work place involving cleaning and interacting with the clients.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy learning how to multi task. I like to clean because I feel that it is a huge stress reliever knowing that I’m creating a fresh new environment for people. One of main things I loved is learning to deal with the clients and interacting with them and learning their behaviors. Even though it could be stressful at times I still do believe that it was a wonderful place to work, but it was time for me to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
Benefits, food in the lobby on special occasions, and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks and clients behaviors can be stressful at times
Great place to get your feet in the field of mental health
Service Coordinator/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2018
The Clinical Director at Crestwood PHF Engle. Great person to work with. Administrator was personable, friendly and approachable. Staff there are friendly and humble individuals.
Staff who worked directly with patients on the floor and nursing staff are all great people to work with. Built excellent working relationships with each and one fo them.

From an employee stand point, the pay rate needs to be more competitive, increase wages who deserve it.
Pros
Management listens to staff complaints and are very inclusive
Cons
No full time recreational therapist, few tools for staff to utilize, "budget constraints"
Enjoyed the population/clients, mmm...
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 10, 2018
I always worked alone! That was one of the issues for me. The morning shift always had two nurses, allowing them to complete their work, most of the time. Also, in the morning, there was an LVN and an RN doing the same jog I did alone in the evening. As you know, RN's get paid more but I was doing the exact same job!
There was a high turn around in staffing. Some nurses wouldn't even finish orientation. I really enjoyed the patients or residents and the job responsibility with them. It was difficult to maintain a good attitude all the time because there was lack of organization, not enough consistency and if anyone has heard the expression, "to many chiefs and not enough Indians, then you know what I mean. All in all I liked it just wish there had been better management and organization. I would go back.
poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Working with unprofessional nurses. Poor management and always afraid of losing license since the management don't train proper way for new nurses. Unfair treat to nurses.
Rewarding Work
Dual Recovery Specialist/CAADAC Intern Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc serves the gravely disabled by mental health conditions. The work, environment, and requirements is challenging yet fulfilling.
Great potential in the company.
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2017
I learned a lot about therapy and several methods to use going into my next position. Crestwood seeks to help the community by offering different techniques that are pro-positive.
Very clickie
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 11, 2017
If you do not fit in you will be blamed for everything and treated unfairly. They like to put people on probation. You must talk to every one like they are children and do not want to hurt feelings.
Pros
Ok pay until jan 2018 the. They are cuttin pay if you get a goverment funded insurance.
Cons
Rules and regulations change constantly
Stressful Hard working environment
Rehabilitation Coach (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 19, 2017
This job is not for the fain of heart. if you not have a strong back bone or thick sink then this isn't the job for you. it is Physically and emotionally taxing.
Pros
Family environment, team effort, if you get in with the right employes
Cons
Lack of proper management, and organization
productive and fun place to work
TEAM LEAD JANITOR (Former Employee) –  2600 stockton blvd sacramento CA 95817September 16, 2017
my usual day consisted of cleaning rooms bathrooms hallways and offices as well as break rooms. I personally supervised a group of 6-8 employees making sure daily duties were done. working at Crestwood I've learned a lot about mental health and how to help clients while still doing what you're required to do. they provide great training however management takes a while to get everyone "certified". overall its a great place to work, the environment is excellent. co workers are almost like family, management however is another story...
Pros
catered lunches, paid holidays and a great group of goal oriented and well trained individuals
Cons
short breaks and lunch, pay rate, management