Crestwood Medical Center Employee Reviews

Positive and productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2019
Busy work culture. However, everyone is professional and helpful. I enjoyed working at Crestwood. I always felt fulfilled at the end of my shift because I knew I had made a positive difference in the health and lifestyle of patients and my coworkers. Work does not have to be a dreaded thing to face if you are in the right place where the values and mission are to make lives better for others. This is what health care delivery is about and Crestwood does a superb job at fulfilling their vision and mission. I would love to rejoin Crestwood again!!!
I loved working in the 23 hour obs unit
Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2019
For the mostpart, my experience at Crestwook Medical Center was positive. The Hospital was taken over in a Hostile Takeover in 2008 and the quality of working environment diminished at that time. In my opinion the focus or "Mission Statement" became the bottom line instead of the actual patient care.
Okay place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2019
Training was very good workout Miss fear was good okay good coworkers excellent benefits ours was good overall good experience the food was good like the old job training
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No comms
workplace culture
former employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 11, 2019
There was no opportunity for growth, poor management and no structured orientation to units. Needed formal educational classes for employees. Learnt to manage difficulties and challenges in the work place.
Poor Respiratory Management
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2019
The respiratory dept. is hostile and full of drama. If the manager doesn’t like you or you’re not in her clique she’ll make sure the whole dept. turns on you. In almost 5 yrs I have yet to have my pay increase by a whole dollar amount. The director of respiratory is not an RT but an RN who cannot take over, help out or function in a working role. Your hours are based on a strict point system (no points no hours) and you’re forced to burn through your earned PTO to get a paycheck. Some will get extra hours based solely on management favoritism. Moving into a new time slot is not based on seniority but also on favoritism.
Pros
You escape the dept. and can visit other people.
Cons
Poor in network benefits, low pay.
my supervisor and director are very understanding yet firm
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  crestwood huntsvilleFebruary 5, 2019
It depends on the site, I work in different clinics for different doctors, You really have to know what you are doing because its important that you do not make mistakes, the patient life depends on it, I take my job very seriously and enjoy working for crestwood, the hardest part is the salaray, its not fair but the people you work with make it tolerable, once you get to know everyone and everything you need to know , its a great place to work at, I highly recommend Crestwood to every one I meet in my field. although they are so busy, they take the time to train you and makes sure you know what you are doing.
Pros
my supervisor is very understanding and patient with me
Cons
pay is very low for my qualifications
Beware!
Sleep Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 30, 2019
Hostile work environment, poor management, lots of drama and gossip, a ton of paperwork, favortism rules dont apply to everyone, lack of teamwork and the list goes on and on...
Pros
Discounts on lunches
Cons
Hostile work environment, lots of unnesscary paperwork
ER Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2019
Pay is higher than average. Great team work (at least in my department), flexible schedule, fast paced but can be manageable specially having management support.
Pros
Good pay, great team work.
Nice to work at
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 27, 2018
Crestwood is a smaller hospital in Huntsville, AL. The staff is friendly and we strive to meet all needs of each and every patient. At times it seems that we are overworked, but we manage.
work load
Outpatient Registrar/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 25, 2018
Crestwood is an ok place to work. The benefits are good but the work and pay does not match. Higher management only sees numbers and revenue and not the employees.
Call you out & call you back in 45 minutes later.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  3 and 4 EastNovember 15, 2018
Management and nurses treat the PCA”s like the lowest person on the totem pole.
Nurses don’t like to answer their phones, slow to respond but will put out an APB for the PCA.
Management make last minute changes.
Pros
Crestwood Memorabilia
Cons
No opportunity for advancement even with a degree, lack of support by management, and last minute calling you out and then within 45 minutes call you in to work.
Life in intensive care
SICU/MICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2018
Worked in the surgical and medical icu. I learned alot of valuable nursing care in this situation. We worked together as a team to get the job done. Icu is very stressful but with a good team to work with made the day go by fast.
Pros
Valuable learning experience
Cons
Management mismanagment
ED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2018
Fast paced work environment, with great people to work with. I learned so much in the time I was there. Great benefits, and loved the rotating schedule.
Good work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2018
Good place to work, the hours dwindled due to low census. Always opportunity to learn new skills. Unit managers willing to work around school schedules.
it was well worth the experience
3 east orthopedic unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 9, 2018
it was well worth the experience. its quick paced everybody does their own thing. the floor i work on has a high admit:discharge ratio we discharge 10 we get 15 back.
Friendly environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2018
Very welcoming group of people. Employees appear to be happy at work and staff is very knowledgeable. Very professional in every aspect. Overall very good work opportunity.
Pros
Low stress friendly environment
Cons
Low wage and no raises
n/a
Server (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 17, 2018
stressful and no job growth. in the time ive been there its not been a good experience. management is poor and very high turnovers through out the place.
Productive and understanding
DSI Mental Health Security Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2018
Overall this business was an execellent one to work for. Each day I learned something new. The staff was hands on and helpful during each day. Working with the at risk patients there was never a dull moment.
Could be an exciting place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2018
Too much micro-managing, and not enough overall management. People try to manage without even working in the environment they are managing. The managers know nothing about the smaller offices.
Just a day at the hospital
COOK (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2018
Typical day is preparing the diet needed for patients and keeping the line going and cooking on the grill for customers. Always issues with supervisors and people not showing up for work. Nothing was enjoyable about the job.