Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

Best pay in Trucking Industry
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
Crete was one of the best trucking companies I had ever worked for. Dispatchers were caring, management seemed to care, and most of the time if there was a service issue with equipment, they were on it.

There were times when some of the shops didn't seem to care about if you were under a load assignment or not, but that's just lazy shop employees. That happens with all trucking companies.
Pros
Actually apprieciates their drivers
Cons
Layover pay was lacking, repair shops always crowded
Will not have your back
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 3, 2018
I was scammed by a diver and "lawyer". They said I hit a car, police law enforcement everyone said not my fault. Crete put a camera in my cab. I quit.
Not many good trucking companies out there, Crete was better than most. Really not saying much. Perhaps best of worst?
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaAugust 2, 2018
They do have good equipment, recruiter was honest and knowledgable, lots of miles if you want it. Sadly terminal managers and asset managers knew nothing about trucking.
Pros
Latest trucks, all the miles you can handle, knowledgeable recruiters.
Cons
Below average terminal managers and dispatchers (asset managers).
Overall good company with reasonable benefits
Service Advisor/Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 31, 2018
7 day a week operations. 2 - 10 shifts per day overlapping from noon until 4:30pm. Repairing and servicing company owned tractors and trailers and Owner Operator tractors. I've learned a lot about the trucking industry during my time with the company and their way of doing maintenance. It's a good place to work with many good people as well. On an average day the drivers tend to be the most challenging until you learn how to deal with their various personalities. Seeing the work being accomplished to keep the equipment moving.
Pros
Good Shop Manager, Fellow co-workers, Pto
Cons
Slow or lack of advancement, lower end wages
Stupid safety
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXJuly 30, 2018
Stupid people are in safety dept. Management only care about moving their loads, they always come up with reasons not to pay you detention, and lay over or maint lay over
Good pay an benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 24, 2018
Good pay but only made about 23 hours on a full week. Had to call driver maneger to get that much. Miles dropped from 2500 to 3000. Was not making enough money to pay my bills.
Decent company... My asset managers made my job hard and because they disliked me personally, gave me the worst runs, worst loads, m etc.
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 22, 2018
Company allowed asset managers to throw me under the bus time and time again! Got the worst runs and miles because I spoke up about it.. Although I was paid 52 cpm, I would only average 1500 miles or less per week and that wasn't enough to pay my bills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough miles, bad asset managers
i had fun here
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 16, 2018
they do a good job here they will teach you how to drive and be safesometimes they will ask you to go beyond but they will say be safe and legal they say no shortcuts and sometimes you have to spend time at the terminal to get truck fixed
Pros
they treat you good
Cons
do not get a bad dispatch
I love this place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 15, 2018
If I could I would stay at Crete forever. You have a voice here and you are respected as a valuable part of a team. I would recommend Crete to anyone looking for a career.
Pros
Respected, good pay, you have a voice here.
Average Company
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2018
Crete Carrier is for someone who believes fully in large carrier operations. It is not for a small or medium minded driver. You will be a truck number with them. The pay and benefits are comparable with other large carriers, but often times the environment is not as positive as one could desire. If you meet them at the policy, procedure, and requirements line then they will meet your needs when convenient. Simply put, this company will work amazing for some, while those more independent thinkers will butt heads often and tend to leave.
Structured place, organized
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2018
Good place to hone your skills.
Many choices to consider to keep you busy.
You get what you put into the job.
Very high potential life- time career.
Many places to visit while driving.
Its a typical parts job
PARTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2018
Quick pace and constant work. Requirements can be overwhelming. Some training is mandatory while others is all upto you. Constant improvements going on for processes.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
some management
Great work place
National OTR (Current Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAJune 23, 2018
I started working at crete in October 2017 management is great and my Assett manager is awesome he’s always one step ahead of me I get plenty of miles and he always gets me home when I want to be you couldn’t ask for a better company to work for
Pros
Good mileage good pay they treat you like family
Very Disappointed
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2018
I was very Disappointed due to the thought that this could be the place i could retire from. Management was horrible about the way they talked to you and make you feel worthless. They would not give you your yearly reviews in any kinda timeline just very poorly ran.
Pros
Techs were very helpful
Cons
Management, Except 2nd shift Foreman
You wont regret it
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 7, 2018
Crete is a stellar company to work for. They love their drivers, and will do anything within their power to help them. They are very safety conscious.
Great co workers lazy management
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2018
Great company poor management. Management was very self focused and did not care about employees. The co workers were amazing to work with on a daily bases.
Pros
Co workers
Excellent Company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 30, 2018
Good pay, good company organization, management did exactly what they said. I would recommend this company to any driver that is interested in OTR trucking.
Appreciated the regional work
Line Driver. Pickup and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68528May 29, 2018
Management was okay. Good communication with my dispatcher. Equipment was in good condition. I just didn't like having to drive late in the night. It was good having my pick up sight close to home.
Pros
Regional work
Cons
No previous knowledge of changing to coast to coast driving
Great pay and benefits
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 29, 2018
The pay was great, the benefits were great, management was great but I always had to fight to get home on time. There is not much more to say a great company with bad home time.
Great Place to Learn the Industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2018
This was my first time working within the transportation industry and the company ensured I had all the tools needed to perform my job efficiently. Very relaxed and welcoming terminal atmosphere. High management turn-over, however.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight