CRH
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

CRH Employee Reviews

It is an ok to bad place to work. Work flow can be super slow and boring for 30 minutes to 45 minutes of doing nothing. Very physical job would not recommend if you have any physical problems. Hours of shifts are very long. If you work 2nd shift you will go in at 3:30pm and most times will get off at 2:30am. And you feel every minute of it. The very long hours causes very bad work life balance. I would only recommend taking the job if you have CNC experience and you will get $16 an hour but if you don't have CNC experience prior you will only make $12 an hour. The $12 hour pay is not worth it. You could easily go work in retail for the same money and better hours combined with a second job with flexible hours like uber, shipt, grubhub etc.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of overtime pay, decent pay based of previous experience, and good managers
Cons
Overly long hours, boring work pace, lazy coworkers.
Great company to work for. Full benefits are truly awesome. It's a place that allows construction flexibility and overtime. The company is an industry leader.
First they hire you. Then they try to fire you. Any small mistake and you’re out of there. If it wasn’t for management this job would have been perfectly
I loved this position and really like the people I worked with. Let be honest your not going to get along with every single person in any given situation but it wasn’t about making friends. My coworkers were always respectful and professional. I felt like I was in a great company with an amazing opportunity for advancement and growth
Overall this was a great company to work for. You work a day shift with weekends off. You get paid vacation holidays decent benefits. The job itself is relatively simple the only negative is there’s lots of pressure to sell additional products. When your job is just to be a merchandiser sales were not a part of the orientation when you’re hired. They tend to push them and make it your responsibility when you’re not hired to do any sales. There is lots of travel with this job being a merchandiser I was required to service stores in Idaho Montana Washington Oregon. Which wasn’t an issue they pay for your gas your hotel and give you money for food. But you have to submit receipts to get that back at the end of the month. They do not offer a company credit card you’ll have to use your own. you use your own vehicle, they only pay for oil changes. But to compensate you for any wear and tear if you own your vehicle it’s a plus because they do give you a $600 a month car allowance. I know a lot of the stuff may sound like it’s negative it’s not I really enjoyed my job. The two reasons I left were one The health of my father, The second was they cut our pay this was originally a salary position making about $42,000 a year they lowered it down to 30,000. Also wouldn’t have been that big of a deal if I didn’t find out that the money they took from us they gave themselves in raises.
Pros
Easy you get to be outside work with nice people
Cons
The pay cut
Job seekers rely on your experience.
If you aren't scared of hard work and willing to put in the time to advance then this is a great company to work for! Been here for four years and have advanced to plant manger. But it took lots of hard work and dedication.
Pros
Plenty of advancement opportunity
Demanding, but that is good. Enjoy the work overall. People are helpful and willing to introduce you to the history and operational norms. Collaborative teams.
No job training at all! Just "do this". Then when you don't do it the way they want, you're gone! No communication, no leadership. They will lie to your face! Seemed like a good place to work at first. People that are not your supervisor will yell and cuss you.
Pros
Good hour's
Cons
No Training, hostile work environment.
If you like working 14 to 16 hours a day day in and day out and load your own truck then have to get back up at 1:30 in the morning and do it all over again just to make maybe $250 a day then pay for health insurance and 401k and this is the place for you you will put in at least 70 hours a week with no overtime good luck
Pros
Drivers are nice
Cons
Working 14 to 16 hours a day, load your own truck, no overtime
Coworkers were good people to work with. Production always takes priority of safety first. The management always preaches about family culture but don't believe it. It's your basic sweat shop. When orders are high volume they will work you as many hours as they can and burn you out. Then when it slows down they lay you off. They will tell you that the upper management will remember the long hours and commitment you put in. Then when raise time comes around they seem to forget.
Pros
Production coworkers are great.
Cons
Nasty dusty harsh working conditions. Can be let go in a moments notice.
The only place I have ever worked that I would discourage anyone I know from working there. Terrible work life balance. Tremendous turnover. Numerous layoffs and “restructurings” and afterward demanding salaries staff work extra hours on menial tasks.
Cons
Managers show favoritism towards workers who are not in their work circle. If you are a manager or supervisor and not in their circle, senior leadership excludes you from meetings.
Cons
Managers micromanage whose not in their circle
I had 1 week of training and then the trainer went on vacation and when they came back to work never sat with me again and after 5 weeks and two days I was let go. When I was hired I was hired as an hourly employee but was told I would be treated as a salaried employee and was told to just "bank" my hours. I worked over 40 hours what should have been time and 1/2 with no pay.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
No training
Give opportunities to learn and growth, give us a competitive incentives, it has a great environment to work, help diferente organizations and is an example for all of us.
Pros
Give lunches, incentives
If you like being used and abused this job is for you. Lies and no respect for personal life. You will be an underpaid slave for this company. Do jot work for this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
They just use you until they don’t need you.
If you are not in the "CLICK" then you will feel like outcast and there is no response from management. And once ostracized your left to go about figuring out how to do the job.
Pros
Stable Co
Cons
No support from all areas of Management
Management does not support the idea of long term employees, terminates without reason, no direction on day to day or long term goals, hires management without experience expects the long term employees to train then terminates the employees training the management. Culture is about pushing product out the door and pushing Maintenance to work in a hot dusty very dangerous place to work, several accidents, amputations, even a death. Would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous, hot, terrible work culture
No hay orden, muchos jefes, no hay respeto por los demás y salario muy bajo para todo lo que toca hacer
Worked there was bullied made to feel dumb they hired an inexperienced person who never had a job more than me with years of experience not diverse in ethnicity so it was very uncomfortable and you are told if you work hard you can move up but that’s definitely not true and if you have any complaints about being treated unfairly you will be black balled til you are ran off by fellow employees.
Pros
You have good benefits
Cons
Horrible work environment, Horrible HR
I worked there for many years and it was once a great company that valued it's employees and customers. Over the past few years they have very deliberately replaced management from the top down with industry outsiders. This was done because the company wanted to make more billions per year than the billions they were already making. The culture did a complete 180 and became all about the dollar at the cost of the employee and the customer. The facility I was at has experienced more than 100% turnover in less than a year. Prior to the last few years most employees measured their tenure in decades because people wanted to work there. Now, if they are not happy with you, they will smile at your face all the while hiring your replacement in the background. Management cannot be trusted at all. If you're willing to sell your soul and dedicate your life to a thankless job, there's an average paycheck to be made. If you want to be able to look yourself in the mirror and enjoy any quality of life, it best to stay away.
Pros
Average income
Cons
Toxic culture
I worked at Amcor for 4 years. The hours are long and the management treats the production staff as dispensable. They don’t respect your family time and change your schedule at the drop of the hat with less than a days notice sometimes. They are always pushing for production, and say that safety is important, but if you stop to fix something they get angry that production shut down. It’s a tough place to work, lots of back bitting and definitely a good old boys club for a few individuals. No trust or respect. They’ll let you go at a moments notice too if their numbers aren’t where they want them to be. Management is always looking to place blame somewhere other than themselves. Management never visits the plants and doesn’t know what is going on. Management changes every 12 months so policies always change too.
  1. Employee Reviews