Cricket Wireless Employee Reviews

Cricket Wireless
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 14, 2018
Cricket Wireless has both corporate and franchises so it's different for most locations on how your pay, benefits, and any job advancement that you would have. Typical day at work would consists of opening up the store, turning everything on for the day such as display phone demos, computers, tablets where we would assist the consumer.
Pros
Good environment, Friendly people
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no 401k, no advancement
Productive and fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 13, 2018
It gives you the opportunity to learn and develop new skill. Also, a big opportunity to move forward in life and position. How well organized they are is amazing .
It paid the bills.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 13, 2018
If you're looking for entry into the tech industry or want working experience in sales, Cricket Wireless is not for you. Most days were very slow with a customer base of unreasonable people. Management in many areas was very lacking savor a few hardworking individuals.
Pros
Community Oriented
Cons
Low Pay, little opportunity to grow in the company.
Good Starter Job
Sales Advocate (Former Employee) –  Eastanollee, GAJuly 12, 2018
It's a good job to get experience from, however not a career making company. Does not like to promote from within. Did have a good commission structure, however they changed it and now can barely make any commission money.
Productive and Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 12, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service and about phones while working at Cricket. The working environment was great I got to understand how different people work when offering them the cell phone service, which could be the hardest part too because all customers are different and have different tastes in phones.
Pros
time to learn more about phones
Cons
no established breaks
Its an ok starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 11, 2018
The cricket I worked for is independent owner. He would always get mad at our store for not making enough sales yet we never had enough phones that people wanted or supplies we needed for the store. Schedule was real flexible. It was the ownership that failed completely. I would tell the owner what we needed either by text or call but never picked up my calls or answered my texts.
Productive day as a sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
• Provided excellent customer service
• Answered phones & routed messages
• Ensured cash drawer was correct
• Inventoried of all cellular devices
• Answered customers questions and addressed issues and complaints in person and via phone
• Assisted customers select products that best fit their personal needs
• Maintained visually appealing and effective displays for the entire store
• Educated customer on product and service offerings
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
sales rep
n/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 11, 2018
I learned how to successful make a schedule for a staff of 3. Time management was a huge thing. It took a little time but it was an easy adjustment and an overall awesome experience.
management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
It is a big company and I was a store manager. The company was taking care of the employees and didn't put a lot of pressure on the manager or employees.
Exciting work place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work. Get to play with new devices and meet alot of new people. You get to see new devices before they are even out. You get a discount on your bill
Pros
Discounted price for employees
Cons
Never any team work
Review
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 10, 2018
Love the job, didn't like the competing with coworkers.A typical day at Cricket Wireless included clocking in, cleaning up and asking the shift before you "how was today'. I had a goal to sell at least 3 phones a day.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 10, 2018
Pay is horrible and managers are asked to do way too much for how little they get paid. expect to work 11 hour days as an employee.
Upper management is basically non-existent, I came to the conclusion that nothing will get done at my store unless I go to corporate. which is ridiculous.

If you're a manager expect to be driving around doing deposits and picking up inventory. again, not paid enough to want to use gas.

It's an easy, lazy job, that you can basically come and go at if there's two employees working. but expect your manager to have upper hand at doing whatever they want on the clock.

Raises aren't given, and they will talk up how good commission is but honestly you'll probably see no commission check.

As a store manager your salary isn't more than $30,000
Pros
easy, lazy, no upper management, do what you want
Cons
pay is horrible, no one cares
Can have better management
Solution specialist at cricket (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CAJuly 10, 2018
Unprofessional environment mangers had attitudes . Not trained properly no organization skills . Many of the employees complained no benefits but overall good learning experience
Pros
Cons
Not an understanding boss
Ok Working Environment
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Overall my experience was great with my co-workers and trainer upon starting my position with Cricket. My supervisor was very unfair. She kept lying about my advancement levels and time i would be bumped up to am shift. She hired a relative and moved him into my time slot that i was suppose to be bumped up to based on my time spend in my position. Then she lied to my agency stating that i kept complaining about my schedule to get me terminated.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Bad Managment
Slow paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 5, 2018
very easy to learn and nice people but it really just depends on who you work with when it comes to management. Discounts were nice. Hardest part is that only two people work per store so days off are hard to have.
I had fun working with the companie
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 5, 2018
I loved workin for cricket,Its fun been able to work and help the customers.The best is seen a customer walk oit with a smile and happy. That is the best feeling
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Just had not a long lunck break
Relaxed workplace with great team
SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 5, 2018
Solid management, steady customers, insight into phone retail.

Wish that the stores were easier to stock to ensure customers get the merchandise they need.
Great place
Sales Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2018
By far, one of my favorite places ever that I have worked. The manager was the most amazing person, was very understanding, and always went above and beyond teaching her employees what to do.
Not very flexible
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
Not very flexible and requires too much traveling not enough compensation. Didnt lime the areas the stores were located inand not very convenient for the employees who drive.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks and too much traveling
Starter job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 3, 2018
It is a good place to learn basic sales tactics, basic personal responsibility and time management. There is definite room for growth if sales is the place that you can imagine yourself staying long term.
Pros
A lot of spare time to multi-task.
Cons
Relatively small business, not a lot of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cricket Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight