Crimson Counseling, LLC
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Working at Crimson Counseling, LLC: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

Rewarding job

Overall good place to work. Be better if they actually compensated you as you deserve. Pay is low for the job we do. Trainings are offered to increase pay but it's minimal and there is room for growth but when you take on more responsibility you don't get paid what you're worth anymore than when you started.

Pros

Getting to help people succeed in life

Cons

Always short-handed, high turnover rate, micro managed in clinic, owner has a no gossip policy will remove any negative review

Best Job i've ever had

I've learned so much from this company, it's been great in my personal and professional development. I know what is expected of me at work, and they offer the materials and equipment needed to do the work correctly. While at Crimson have the ability to do what I do best, they really help me play to my strengths so that I'm contributing in a way that is fulfilling for myself. My team lead has been great and always taste the time to praise me for doing good work. I feel like they truly care about me as a person. Whenever I express my opinion it is well received, and with collaboration and a solution oriented culture we are able to find a way to solve problems. I've been able to learn and grow and feel confident in my ability to provide quality mental health and behavioral treatment.

Crimson Counseling, LLC insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great colleagues, management and leaders

This is such a rewarding job where I can help teenagers who are struggling with life obstacles. The company has been very supportive and offered Great training in the beginning, I feel comfortable to start my position, you get out of it what you put into it. I've seen those that are here for a paycheck that lose interest quick but those who are here including myself to truly make a difference in the lives of the individuals who come to Crimson, the company truly cares about the community and making a difference with the families. There is always room for growth, ways to move up into the company and make more money. There are leadership opportunities and if you choose to further your education you can move into the clinical positions. It's a great company, I hear they have plans to expand into Nevada Arizona and northern Utah, it's exciting to be a part of a company eager to help more families.

Do not waste your time here. Almost any place is better to work than here.

There are so many things wrong with this company. The staff is under trained and under valued. They spend a great deal of their time on the phone. They run the place like it is a residential placement center and not like a day program. The management is condescending and misogynistic.

Major changes needed

Hours are usually between 9am and 6pm with 3 hours shifts. So, you'd be given a shift from 9-12, 12-3, or 3-6 with an occasional meeting from 6-7. You will be scheduled with a client for each shift and then switch off at the ends. Management needs a lot of improvement. There are team leads, day treatment manager, associate director, director and then CEO. It's very close knit for the location you work at. You will probably never meet anyone else. For example, a St. George employee will most likely never meet a Cedar City employee. Management (day treatment manager and directors) usually never take suggestions into mind on how to better the company. They say they will bring it up at the next meeting and then nothing ever happens. The culture is iffy. It definitely has its cliques and there are some questionable people who have been getting hired. Everyone is very supportive though when someone needs help with a client. It is mainly women who work here. The hardest part and best part of the job is the clients. They can be really hard somedays or really good other days. Its easy to take what they say and do to heart but you need to have thick skin and realize they are going through a lot and your'e and easy target because you "have to take it." Hours are also not always guaranteed because clients cancel a lot. So if you are expecting to work 20 hours one week, it could easily drop to 17 or lower depending on how many of your clients cancel.

Pros

Flexibility with hours, weekdays only

Cons

No breaks or lunches, long days

Frusterating

Every employee quits with a letter to management about reasons they are leaving so they can improve. Nothing improves. Staff is undervalued. Shifts cancel after you arrive to work. No mentors. Criticism never compliments. Shut up and do as your told. If you last more than 3 months your a champ.

Pros

Shifts end

Cons

24 7 and not paid for a lot.

Fun workplace

Crimson was a very rewarding job, I got to learn new things everyday that I though I had already mastered. The number of session cancelled was very frustrating. Driving your own vehicle when no company vehicle was difficult given the outrageous gas prices. There was also some miscommunications between admin and staff. The people at crimson are really fun to work with and they make you feel supported.

Awesome, fun, and energy

They are very helpful and will do most of what they can to get people where they need! They listen well and are willing to take considerations when necessary.

Great pay, great management

I’ve been very pleased with my work experience here. I’ve learned so many great things about behavior management and relationships. It’s a pleasure to be involved in a clients treatment. Management has created something special and unique that I’ve never been a part of before. A structured environment with the autonomy to learn and grow at my skill level shows how much this company cares about me individually and I’ve see how much they care about my co-workers. It’s a wonderful, safe environment, worth a strong emphasis in training and development.

It's an amazing place

I have been at Crimson Counseling for a couple of years now and it is amazing. There are some growing pains as it is a new company but if you want to succeed, you will! I have never had a problem being heard or praised. The job isn't for everyone, as it requires motivation, engagement, and innovation. You are mentoring troubled kids and making a huge difference. There are some disgruntled ex-employees that struggled with motivation and were negative influences. We try to foster an environment of positivity and safety.

Not a good place to work. Bad benefits, bad management.

Do not work here. It is poorly run and the owner does not take feedback well. He will turn it around on you and tell you that you’re “not team crimson”. It’s very cult like in the way they give the least amount of money possible and overall how they treat employees and then they expect you to be all about Crimson.

Unstructured stressful work environment

Don’t waste your time! Crimson might say all the right things at first but you will soon realise they lack follow through in all areas. The can’t keep employees and continue to bring in hostile clients. The only provide 6 hrs of training before throwing you in with 2-3 aggressive clients. They do not treat employees well, the owner and director are Misogynistic and manipulative.

Pros

Centrally located Close enough to walk from the college

Cons

Aggressive clients, Lack of training, Rude leadership, Working without pay, No overtime hours, Disorganised, Poor upper management.

Opportunities for Growth and Staff who Truly Want to Make a Difference in Peoples Lives!

Crimson Counseling is an outlier in the mental and behavioral health services industry. There are no other services offered in the area that compare to the mission and quality of care that Crimson offers to their clients and to the community and it is so rewarding to be part of this mission. They genuinely care about the clients they serve and spend so much time and effort staying current on industry standards and on enforcing evidence-based skills lessons that have a profound impact on the lives of those they serve. The owner, directors and upper management also care about the welfare and work-life-balance of their employees and are very open to feedback and work hard to address and resolve issues as they arise. I highly recommend pursuing employment at Crimson Counseling!

Pros

Great co-workers, rewarding work making a difference in the lives of under-served individuals, employee referral bonuses and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Challenging clients with executive functioning delays which can sometimes be difficult to manage.

Strong leadership, team leads, management, directors, ownership.

I’ve never been to a company where leadership was emphasized so much. I love the accountability and ability to grow in leadership. If you struggle with accountability, relationships, growth and hard work than Crimson isn’t for you. The directors and ownership are involved in the company more than I’ve seen with any other company. They are not afraid to get in the trenches and help our team solve problems. The company really cares about the clients and will put the treatment needs of the client above any personal agenda. If personal agenda is more important then the overall mission and values of the company you will struggle working here. The owner and directors have always been approachable and willing to hear my concerns. They want me to succeed professionally. This has required flexibility and collaboration. They offer tuition reimbursement for behavior analyst who start course work while employed with the company. They have stellar group programs, day treatment experiential lessons and individualized skill acquisition programs for clients. They have great compensation packages for those who want to move up in leaderships positions and / or clinical positions. I’ve been impressed with the autonomy allowed to do my work.

Pros

Autonomy, culture that cares about its employees from the top down.

Cons

Can be overwhelming in the beginning as there is a lot to learn, a lot of systems, a lot of training in behavior management and running skill acquisition programs.

Unprofessional and Dishonest

There is a reason that they are always looking for employees. Their turn over rate is one of the largest in the mental health profession. Poor management from owner and directors. This company lacks boundaries and communication.

Pros

Good co-workers with an honest desire to help others.

Cons

Empty promises, manipulation and poor treatment of the staff, Inconstancies and favoritism, No benefits unless you are a Director or higher, Violent clients, not enough training or support, Late night messages, Canceled shifts, loss in hours.

Official response from Crimson Counseling, LLC

January 23, 2022
Our turnover is above industry standard and we retain team members who are passionate about serving individuals with social emotional and behavioral challenges and who are bought into our mission. We establish firm boundaries with all of our team members as evidence of our conflict resolution and no gossip policy. Those who like to gossip and who are afraid to resolve conflict will struggle in our work environment. We encourage all team members to follow the chain of command and communicate with their supervisor when their is a problem. We do not offer benefits for part-time employees. We do offer a variety of benefit packages to those who work full-time and have averaged full-time for 90 or more days. We empower our team members with the autonomy to take initiative in their training as everyone learns differently, to communicate with their team leads and their supervisors when they need more help. Our team leads meet weekly with leadership to discuss treatment plans, systems, scheduling and training so they are equipped with the tools to help their team. Leaders and management are given pre-approved administrative time to help support their teams, find open shifts for cancellations, and render the treatment as outlined in the clinicians treatment plan.

Great team spirit. Understanding management that are willing to help.

I have enjoyed working at Crimson Counseling. I am learning a lot and I know that I have room to grow in the company. The environment is positive and makes you want to work hard to reach the goals we have all made.

Pros

Fast past environment, I feel like a lot gets done in a small amount of time. I feel productive when I am here.

Cons

The phone never stops dinging when I am not at work, Its hard to separate work from home life, Training is hard to do as it is a learn as you go type of job.

productive and new things to learn each day

Crimson has taught me new things each day. There is growth inside the company. They help you get your RBT and provide the resources for this. They are caring about both the clients and employees and make sure we are all heard and valued. The scheduling is flexible.

Pros

Growth inside the company and flexibility with scheduling.

Cons

no breaks

Constantly growing and there is always something to learn. Can be unorganized at times.

Love my job and what I do. I enjoy coming to work everyday. At Crimson there is always room for improvement. All of the staff members are kind and willing to help you succeed!

Passionate company that cares about helping youth in the community.

It’s been a great culture. The team seems to really care about the clients and their progress. I’ve enjoyed learning how to help clients learn different skills and generalize those skills back into their natural supports. I look forward to continually growing, learning and becoming a valuable contributor to our community. Crimson is making a huge difference in helping these clients become independent.

Pros

Opportunities to learn interventions to help youth with social emotional and behavioral challenges.

Cons

Advancing in the company requires more schooling, and can take a long time to get through educational courses, however they do offer loan repayment programs for BCBA’s.

Lack of communication

A very unorganized company that didn't communicate properly. Everything is such a mess and you do not get compensated enough for the work they require of you. A lot of false promises given by management and the administration office. Terribly rude HR personnel.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

literally everything else

Not paid much, but the kids are worth it.

I love my managment, and my schedule was super flexible. However, everyone is paid differently, even if they do the same job. There is no clear training besides shadowing, and there is lots of work you do that is unpaid. I loved the kids that I worked with.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Low pay

Official response from Crimson Counseling, LLC

December 20, 2021
Thanks for your feedback. The pay will vary based on experience and performance. Performance is assessed every 6 -12 months. We look at a wide range of performance and goal bench marks along with experience in the field to determine pay. We do offer 15 - 20 hours of onboarding training that covers a lot of information. It takes a good 3 months to start fully understanding our systems, policies and procedures. It may take longer for others who need more support. We are glad you enjoyed working with this population. Have passionate team members in the field of behavioral health is the number one things we look for in candidates.

Common questions about Crimson Counseling, LLC

Answered by current and former employees at Crimson Counseling, LLC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crimson Counseling, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits