Crisis Preparation and Recovery Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A+ Company!
SMI Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
CPR is a wonderful company to work for! I have worked as a mental health professional for the last 20 years in various settings. The leadership and management at Crisis Preparation and Recovery really care for their employees. There is always support available and they encourage a feeling of community at CPR. The mental health field is challenging but working with intelligent helpful colleagues makes all the difference. They embrace innovation and provide you with the tools you need to be successful. I enjoy working independently and unlike most places I am not micromanaged. Managers have a real working understanding of every aspect of the job and keep you informed. Personally I am so grateful for CPR and it is a company you can be proud to work for!
CPR thrives because of its close knit, familial type culture.
SMI Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2018
I have been working for CPR as an SMI evaluator for 9 years. The position is very flexible, which is important because I have 2 small children and am pursuing a Ph.D. while working full-time. A typical day includes 2-3 evaluations with 1.5 hours of face to face with each client and another .5 hour for proofreading and paperwork. Working full-time at this position, I am still able to pick up my kids for school daily.

CPR also gives back to their employees in the form of bonuses, casino nights, family picinics, and zoo lights tickets to name a few. We also get an opportunity to enter drawings for concert and sports tickets from time to time. In terms of compensation, there is no other company whose salary range can compete at a master's level.

After working for several mental health providers over the years, I am home. There is no other company that cares for it's clients and employees like CPR.
Pros
Flexible schedules, CPR hosted events, great pay, family oriented business model
A Company that Truly Exists to Serve
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2018
This is the kind of company where you will see someone start at an entry level position and work their way into a director role within a few years. A company where the President/Owner not only knows your name but the names of your kids and spouse. This is the kind of company where you might see your Chief Operating Officer covering the front desk when someone had to leave unexpectedly or your CEO working overnights to cover crisis calls during a busy season.

This is the kind of company where people learn as students and then return for their career because they want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
This is a company that values flexibility and innovativeness over rigidity and policy. A company that values compassion over the bottom line and mutual respect and clinical autonomy over authoritative hierarchy.

This is a company where you see record-breaking employee retention, significant growth individually and corporately and transparency and self-sacrifice from senior leadership.

Clients and employees are a priority and their feedback is incorporated into the decisions of the leadership team in very tangible ways. The company's motto "We exist to serve" is weaved into every aspect and department of the company.
Pros
Culture, Management, Ever-increasing benefits packages
Cons
There is almost always change related to growth of the company
The best place to work for!
SMI Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
I have been in mental health field for more than 10 years, working in both inpatient and outpatient environments, and this is, by far, my most favorite organization. Flexibility has always been important to me, and this position allows me to see clients, then complete my work from home or elsewhere. My clients are seen in one of our clinics or various inpatient facilities on a daily basis. Paperwork can be extensive from time to time, but with good organizational skills and prioritizing, none of this should be an issue. While driving to facilities may be longer at times, having flexibility makes up for it (no traffic!). The overall culture of the company is wonderful and open. I have never worked somewhere where people seemed so eager to help others, especially when someone had a medical problem and needed PTO hours. It feels more like being part of a big family. Management is kind, helpful and approachable, and they are not only available to assist with work dilemmas, but also truly care for you as a person. They encourage self-care, personal development, and advancement opportunities, within or outside of the company. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with various clientele (which is the most interesting part, at the same time), and days can occasionally be longer depending on the number of clients, but this has never really been a problem for me. I enjoy my co-workers, having independence, and the ability to organize my life accordingly.
Pros
Amazing management and supportive environment.
Amazing place to work
Behavioral Health Care Coordinater (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2018
I have worked at CPR for 8 years.The company has given me the opportunity to not only grow professionally but to realize my passion for helping people. This is an amazing company to work for. They truly treat their employees as individuals and family.One of the things that stand out is how approachable all levels of leadership are, from the president to my direct managers. No other company would have done for me what CPR's owner and fellow employees did while I was out due to medical issues. Not only in PTO donations but the assurance that there would always be a position for me no matter how long my recovery took. These past 8 years have been an exciting journey for me, and I look forward to being a part of the continued growth at CPR.
Pros
supportive, family oriented, fun co workers, down to earth management
Innovative, Supportive, and Family Oriented Company Culture
Clinical Director of SMI Evaluations (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2018
As an employee of CPR for 12 years, I have seen it grow from a company of less than 20 employees, to over 200. Despite this growth, the sense of family, belongingness, support, and compassion for employees, as well as the commitment to having a servant’s heart for the clients we serve, has remained the hallmark of this company. I believe this is a testament to the leadership and culture that has been cultivated by the President/Founder and CEO, and adopted by other leaders and our employees.

Executive leadership is truly invested in thinking outside the box to meet the needs of our clients and contracts and encourages employee involvement to come up with solutions as they are aware employees are our most valuable assets. Coming up with creative, innovative and sophisticated solutions to address the changes within the behavioral health community has created many opportunities for the professional growth and advancement of our employees.

Across the board, CPR compensates their employees higher than industry standards and beyond salaries, the benefits have only continued to grow as the company grows. While we may not be the best fit for everyone, we do our best to be transparent about the expectations of each position, company culture, and are committed to investing the time to make our employees successful in their roles so they can best serve our clients and experience great job satisfaction. It has been a privilege to grow within this organization, exciting to witness the development of so many leaders, and a blessing to have the opportunity to serve my community.
Pros
Diverse Opportunities for Direct Care, Extremely supportive company culture, Innovative, Higher Pay
Wonderful Culture with Servant Leadership
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2018
CPR strives to uphold their mission statement and core values knowing each employee is a vital part of treatment. The examples set by the Founder, CEO and other leaders truly show they care about meeting the needs of their employees and the clients they are privileged to serve.

The environment is one of caring, compassion, and constant improvement. Change is consistent with their commitment to excellence as we find innovative ways to help more people.

CPR is a family, and with all families, we are not without our imperfections. New ideas are constantly being implemented with the understanding that collaboration and experience lead to better outcomes. Sometimes that experience is the result of learning from our mistakes as we know that successful growth is not attainable without failure.

I have been blessed to have worked for this company for the past 9 years and look forward to seeing it continue to get better every day.
Pros
Positive Culture, Compassionate Leaders, Purpose, Pay and Benefits
Malpractice
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2018
A terrible place to work which should be investigated for malpractice. the nurse practitioners and therapists here are by far the worst I've come across in the field . I feel sorry for the patients who've come out of this clinic worse and less abled than they previously were .Nurse practitioners falsified reports and lied to patients , ruined their bodies in the process. very disturbing that the nursing board has done nothing despite me secretly reporting them many times.
Don't work here!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2018
Constant chaos and change, long, intense days, little training for your job, no compassion from management regarding how hard you will work. You can expect to have compassion fatigue, lack of flexibility, and be overworked. You will see client's back to back sometimes 10 a day. Expect to work15-20 hrs/week on your own time unpaid doing paperwork.
Pros
Great counselors.
Cons
Lots of unnecessary paperwork. Management uncaring.
A Company that exists to serve
Employee Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
CPR is a company that treats employees as family. You have to be fully committed to our mission statement of "We Exist to Serve". No matter what capacity you come to work as you are expected treat everyone you come in contact with as a patient. CPR is a well oiled machine that allows input and creativity from their employees.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Overall company is a decent company, SMI evaluator Position is a nightmare and not what it is advertised to be.
SMI Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZMarch 6, 2018
Management in SMI is punitive, if you question or suggest things.
2-3 hour drive a day if you are taking on Urgent evaluation positions. No reimbursement for wear and tear on personal car, no milage reimbursement. No work life balance. 24 hour deadlines. Typical day at work was 12-15 hours a day of typing and traveling, blazing fast typing speed absolute necessity, but even with this skill, its almost impossible at times. No ability to move within company, no ability to move up in the company. Every evaluation takes on average, at least 2 hours, with 2 hour + write up. Routine evaluations take have less records needing to be reviewed, so are slightly less write up time. No clear set up to have a table to type at in the different facilities, often working on your lap. No flexibility or accommodations for medical issues. Hours required are reported as similar for other "long term" evaluators that are completing urgent evaluations. The position is marketed as flexible, which only means your depending on when your assignments come in you may start your 12 hour day at noon.
Pros
Vision and mission of company is terrific, culture in SMI is not reflective of the rest of the company, dispatch group is excellent and supportive.
Cons
No work life balance. Way too many hours for the amount being paid.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 10, 2015
Next Friday is my last day at CPR after almost a year. I am thinking how lucky I am to have had the opportunity to have worked with such a great group of people! Working for a company that does such great work and makes a difference in the community has been an honor. The company has grown considerably however here your still treated like a person not a number! It's been awesome working for a company that cares about people !
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Short Breaks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 12, 2014
This company strives to help others through mental issues. A day at work for me consisted of talking to mentally ill individuals who were going through hardship. I learned that no matter how bad your life seems, there is always someone who has it worse. My coworkers were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with in my entire life. The hardest part of this job was the severe lack of management, everyone was so busy doing 6-7 different jobs and no one was really supervising anything. it was very difficult to figure out who to talk to about what problems, and due to the lack of management and organization there were several times where others were pulled from their departments to cover for someone else, putting them behind in their own work. it was a very stressful work environment.
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 24, 2012
The company had the worst compensation package of any job that I have been assocoaited with. The employees are top notch and very dedicated to their work but the owner has some issues.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
poor benefits
A great crisis program
Crisis Counselor/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2012
The company provides a supportive, flexible work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crisis Preparation and Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.

Crisis Preparation and Recovery Reviews by Location